News Editor's interview

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by Deleted member 10852, Feb 4, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Editor's interview

Edit - TPN is not half point through. This was a mistranslation. Sorry about that! I still do hope the series isn't gonna be a long running one though.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018
  2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I'm happy so much! This story is so complicated yet everything connects. I was worried long run would take it away. It's one of few high quality stories right now and I want it to remain so.

3. Gyusa Akahi

Gyusa Akahi

Bounty Points:
    Kinda sad but also makes me happy it reminds me of Death Note short but great and high quality story! :)

The Promised Neverland definitely deserves an Anime!:yaaa:

4. Iron Pirate

Iron Pirate

Bounty Points:
    Hmm last two chapters had so much information revealed (and not revealed) I didn't even think we were close to the end. The author has done great so far so I have faith in him so let's see how it goes.

5. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I imagine that we will get around 200 chapters and that's not exactly a short story. But this is also by no means a long story for Shounen and that makes me really happy because a) the chances of me experiencing the end of this series just skyrocketed and b) this series most likely won't be dragged out and the authors most likely have the end of the series already done and they probably don't plan on changing the key events leading up to it. And that's just great.

6. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Damn that's kinda shocking to hear I thought this series would be going on for a lot longer than this. Just makes me want to catch up even more than anything though. Things can of course change though btw

Iram Coercere and Blue Rose like this.
  7. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Okay so I've been going through the TPN subreddit looking for the full translation of the entire interview, it seems that this could be possibly mistranslated saying that it's not a "half way point" but a "turning point" RIP xD

Again not 100% sure as I don't know Japanese and I simply read that on the subreddit xD
    @Den_Den_Mushi Can you help with the translation? Maybe not the entire interview itself, just the part where they say if it's a halfway point of the story or a turning point, if it's not too much of course. Would be helpful :D
    Link

Blue Rose and Den_Den_Mushi like this.
  8. Den_Den_Mushi

Den_Den_Mushi

Bounty Points:
    There's no mention of a halfway point, the editor was just saying that originally TPN was intended to be an escape story but getting serialised was a turning point in the story.

愛する我が家、そして母からの脱獄を終え、新章に突入した本作ですが、連載も物語のちょうど折り返し地点を迎えています。
    'Although we planned to start on another work after [the children's] escape from their beloved home and mother, we welcomed serialisation as a turning point (in the story)'.

Nothing really worth mentioning in the interview, it's mainly about the editors' work on the series and him trying to promote TPN to those who haven't read it yet.

9. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Ou, thanks @Den_Den_Mushi

So we don't know anythung xD

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Den_Den_Mushi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice