Discussion Dark Continent Discussion

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Kodomo, Jun 18, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Kodomo

Kodomo

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

The Dark Continent (暗黒大陸, Ankoku Tairiku) is the world outside current human world that exploration haven’t many conducted yet. In fact, human world is located in the middle of Great Lake Mavius of Dark Continent.This place is the place where Magical Beast come from.

[​IMG]

Record

Record

• There are only 5 successful voyages from 149 voyages
    • There area 28 survivor after their come back from Dark Continent, but officially, only Beyond Netero and Linne Hors-d'oeuvre (Zigg Zoldyck situation unknown) that have proven alive.
    • At the end of each of the five successful voyages, as a collateral damage, humanity brought back five great calamities: the weapon Brion, the gas life-form Ai, the two-tailed snake Hellbell, the human feeding beast Pup, and the immortal sickness Zobae Disease
    • Ging has revealed that a person by the name of Don Freecss had traveled the Dark Continent alone for about 300 years ago, and is the author of the traveler's guide.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Discussion
    • What lies beyond lake border?
    • How to reach Dark Continent safely?
    • Who is the guide?
    • How Dark Continent Expedition Arc will play out?
    • Does Magical Beast from Dark Continent know how to use Nen?
    • Is there any human in Dark Continent?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. Just a member

Just a member

Bounty Points:
    Good thread but maybe it is still a bit too early.

1) The dark continent? :p Jokes aside imo that will be like a transition zone between the human world and the dark continent, so terrible creatures suddenly popping out from the sea, ridicule meteo conditions and.. just look at gourmet world from Toriko and that will give a general idea..
    2) With the help of guides
    3) Most likely completely unknown characters but Don Freecs should be more than worth of the title. Other ones who can be worth the title can be Linne and maybe Maha Zoldick (all we know is that he should be (a lot?) stronger than Netero).
    4) Too soon :p for sure a shiton of cliffhangers, deaths (orrible ones if I may add) mad power (ups?) (compared to the previous arcs)
    5) At the very least, most likely they will teach everybody 1 thing or 2 about it..
    6) Don Freecs is 99% alive and kicking in the dark continent for me so yes, there is at least one (if he can still be defined as human).

TheAceofFuture, Soma and Kodomo like this.
  3. Kodomo

Kodomo

Bounty Points:
    I also think that Dark Continent is similar to Gourmet World in Toriko. The place where big, fierce, wild, and unbelievable creatures live.

Currently, Beyond is trying to become a guide to Dark Continent. I wonder if there's an untold Guide who have done a journey to Dark Continent without being notified by society.

Maha zoldyck haven't gone to Dark Continent yet. The one who has been there is Zigg Zoldyck but his current status is unknown.

Chimera ant has B rank and Dark Continent had A rank based on difficulty.
    If looking at Mereum power that's very powerful, there should be more character like him in Dark Continent.

I wonder if there will be another different power than Nen. Upgrade version or something else.
    Don Freecss status is also unknown whether he's still alive or death. Ging gave three clue during an explanation about adventure record that's written by Don.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Soma likes this.
  4. 4kat0sh

4kat0sh

Bounty Points:
    Well, the main question for me is that why wouldn't the beings in dark continent ventures into these lake mobius?
    Maybe they don't do it since humans means nothing to them, since they are like biiiig and strong or
    Perhaps, these 'guides' prevent them from comin in?

Soma and Kodomo like this.
  5. Kodomo

Kodomo

Bounty Points:
    I think the answer is there's a SEA BOUNDARY between Mobius Lake and Dark Continent that prevents both of the creature from those world to cross it. It has a role as Natural Barrier between those world.

I have a suspicion that human originally comes from Dark Continent. Due to harsh environment and natural selection law (as human is weak creature compared to the creature in Dark continent), to prevent from annihilation and extinction, human try to find safe place for life (they found Mobius Lake after many journey) and migrate from Dark Continent to Mobius Lake. This also brings a consequence like they are not able to access Dark Continent resources that gives unbelievable miracle.

4kat0sh and Soma like this.
  6. Just a member

Just a member

Bounty Points:
    Well there are some things to notice in the last chapter.. first of all there is another proof that the HxH world is ginormous :p just look at the HxH "human world" compared only to the lake Mobius, probably the lake alone is already bigger than the Toriko world (random example here :p) then.. at this point I'm starting to believe that actually there is some chance that the passengers can make it safely through the journey to the (fake) dark continent, maybe Togashi will concentrate on royal things and leave all the casualties there, if he didn't decide to put some big monster take the ship or just the sheer carelessness for the decks 3 and below make the things ruin for everybody.. or maybe if Chrollo doesn't decide to play again with the "audience" life :p and bad idea let the monkey guard Beyond

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Soma, 4kat0sh and Kodomo like this.
  7. Kodomo

Kodomo

Bounty Points:
    Yeah. Human world is very small inside Mobius Lake.

I think Dark Continent has a lot similarities to Gourmet World in Toriko. This area hasn't been mapped due to climatic, and environment reasons.

Journey to New Continent is for certain only for Succession War. There will be a victim for sure, but I think all of Zodiac member will not be killed until reaching Dark Continent. Many passenger will be dropped there, and some of the hunter like Zodiac and Beyond team will continue to Dark Continent.

Soma likes this.
  8. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    Can you feel the despair? It's amazing, the dark continent is interesting, but if we were to compare to the real earth how would it work...? If a normal human set in that place, they would die from unknown cause...

9. 4kat0sh

4kat0sh

Bounty Points:
    I think the message is that we all should have come out from our own comfort zone
    And we should travel out there have some fun and adventure
    Or we could reach our hands out and help people that are in need
    ;)

Soma likes this.
  10. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    I wish I went on a voyage, with powers! Bit like Magi!

11. swordmaster Ryujin

swordmaster Ryujin

Bounty Points:
    hmm i'm hyped for dark continent but just because leorio will finnaly have a shot doing something

12. 4kat0sh

4kat0sh

Bounty Points:
    1. Of course, there is one fake dark continent, and then the original dark continent itself; unexplored & unexplained.
    2. I suppose there are a few races of settlers in the Dark Continent. I imagine that its close case with the Elves in Silmarillion story where Eldars travelled their journey to Aman whereas the Avaris stayed.
    3. "Avari" or remained settlers that refused to go to the current hxh world. I guess Kurapika clan is one of them.
    4. My brain hurts when trying to think about it, since we have a lot of things going on. First, it was the game of the Kakkin thrones, then there is the exploration of new continent, then there is Beyond and his team, then there is Pariston, then there is Hunter Organisation... Dude... My brain hurts so much now. Fark.
    5. I get back and edit this one later due to some brain malfunction experienced.
    6. See above, and #3.

TheAceofFuture likes this.
  13. Kaloo

Kaloo

Bounty Points:
    It's possible that Togashi messed up with creating the herb that can "cure anything" <Link Removed>/12
    Because he did something very similar with the card "Breeth of Archangel" on Greed Island http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Breath_of_Archangel_(G.I_card)

The thing is, why would people go dying on the dark continent if Gin Freecs can cure everyone ?

However, maybe Togashi didn't messed up and is gonna explain all this, since the expedition is heading for the labyrinth (in which is supposed to be, the said herb ). Also Abengane is maybe on the boat with the Phantom Troupe so, we may have an explanation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  14. TheAceofFuture

TheAceofFuture

Bounty Points:
    Idk but one thing's sure that we're gonna see him in the upcoming arc sooner or later...[:3]

15. 4kat0sh

4kat0sh

Bounty Points:
    It won't be soon man... ;(;(;(
    http://images.**************/mangas/hunter_x_hunter/hunter_x_hunter_360/hunter_x_hunter_360_21.jpg?v5

16. TheAceofFuture

TheAceofFuture

Bounty Points:
    Hey, don't worry there's this news of Togashi coming back on Feb 2017 so rejoice ![:3] :D ;) :lol:

Raven and 4kat0sh like this.
  17. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    When did he say that?? I was soo pissed when I caught up with the anime and learned that the creator just stopped writing it.

"Cosmic Angel" Serana likes this.
  18. Bersena

Bersena

Bounty Points:
    that's not true. there isn't any announcement about him coming back from official sources.

Raven likes this.
  19. Supreme Master

Supreme Master

Bounty Points:
    With this arc it'll take years before we even see Gon and Killua again.

Raven and Gotta catch'em all like this.
  20. Gotta catch'em all

Gotta catch'em all

Bounty Points:
    nah, Togashi will die before he has the chance to draw HxH again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice