Cuphead

Discussion in 'Gaming Central' started by Roogy, Oct 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Roogy

Roogy Cracker

Bounty Points:
    No thread on it so I thought I'd make one. I'm considering getting this game soon, and I'd like to see what people here think of it.

About the Game

Cuphead is a classic run and gun action game heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930s, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era, i.e. traditional hand drawn cel animation, watercolor backgrounds, and original jazz recordings.

Play as Cuphead or Mugman (in single player or local co-op) as you traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves, and discover hidden secrets while you try to pay your debt back to the devil!

Release Date: 29th September, 2017
    Consoles: PC, Xbox One

Trailer

Nitwit and Kong On Kong Action like this.
  2. Salah Eddine

Salah Eddine

Bounty Points:
    • Controls are so responsive and i had no trouble during my whole walk-through
    • Visuals are unique and soundtrack is amazing
    • It is pretty challenging and expect to die hundreds of times
    • However it is very addictive and even though u die a lot you will keep playing
    • Change in difficulty is apparent and it makes the game very re-playable (i suggest you try all diffs)
    • Local Co-op is great, second player can enter and exit anytime and it's extremely fast
    • Story is very well presented and simple
    • Big diversity in boss battles and cool designs
    • The more you play the better you become
    • Shop is very important and every item can make huge diffirence
    • Every item and weapon is meaningful and for each level certain abilities are recommended
    • Hit and run levels are as equally fun as boss battles
    I can go on all day but i think this is enough to know why Cuphead is an amazing game, i mentioned only the best points in it so don't expect you won't find some negative points but trust me they are irrelevant. I personally won't give it 10/10 but i highly recommend you play it, it is very worth trying and different from other games.

Nitwit, Roogy and Kong On Kong Action like this.
  3. Kong On Kong Action

Kong On Kong Action

Bounty Points:
    @Salah Eddine Bouhank great review, there rly isnt much more to say xD the game is hell of alot fun to play no matter how much you replay it and how hard it gets...
    it plays out amazingly, good mechanics and a fun gameplay, i loved it both visually and in terms of soundtrack...

well, again you did a great review and there isnt more I can add, this game is some of the best 20 bucks in your life. I didnt had this much fun playing a "trivial game" since Wuppo

Nitwit, Salah Eddine and Roogy like this.
  4. Phazon

Phazon

Bounty Points:
    People who overreact about how hard it is really disappoint me.

I've only played a couple of hours on it and I've already gotten A+ on all world 1 bosses. And I'm not even a hardcore gamer anymore.

my advice: git gud

Nitwit and Roogy like this.
  5. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    The art design in this game is phenomenal. My favourite might still be the Hilda Berg level. So many good concepts.

Nitwit, Kong On Kong Action and Roogy like this.
  6. Kong On Kong Action

Kong On Kong Action

Bounty Points:
    you have to come up with some tatics to beat bosses and its a hard game in the way you are supposed to die a bunch of times... but it isnt dark souls

Roogy likes this.
  7. Eileen Winifred Sanchez

Eileen Winifred Sanchez

Bounty Points:
    It looks really cool and the concept and art look so well done. :)
    I'd definitely play it. Would be a great time waster (in a nice way) and really absorbing!

Kong On Kong Action and Roogy like this.
  8. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    I didn't know the game was made only a couple hours from where I live.

Kong On Kong Action and Roogy like this.
  9. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:

Roogy likes this.
  10. popkorn

popkorn

Bounty Points:
    Although I have 19 hours logged onto it since I play it on PC (Steam) and I have ragequitted about 5 times and even curse this game out, vehemently yelling "fuck this game", this game is still amazing lmfaoo The controls are great, and the concepts of the bosses are not only well thought out, but also pay homages to older cartoons since the makers drew inspirations from them. Like with Cala-Marie, when I was fighting her, I kept thinking to myself "Why does she remind me so much of Betty Boop?" and I kid you not, right after I said that, my friend told me Betty Boop was the inspiration for that boss and sent me a video from the Cuphead maker's YT channel, explaining the process of making that boss.

So not only does Cuphead provide very good gameplay as well as tough, but not impossible, challenges, but it also has that nostalgia factor to it when you take the nuances of the bosses into account and get reminded of a cartoon that you used to watch. My cons with the game is that the parrying is a frame off, so you can actually parry a pink item while also losing a life in the process. Also from time to time, a glitch that I've experienced as well as seen other friends who stream on Twitch experienced happens most notably on Phase 2 on the Genie level in World 2 where an item from the first phase is still present or, if you're unlucky like me, when you make it to the end of phase 2, there's an item from phase 1 falling from the top of the screen.

Other than that, I give the game a 9/10. Also, my favorite boss to this day is Beppi the Clown because every time he falls out of the cart at the transition of the second phase, it never fails to make me laugh.

It happens at 0:28

:lmao:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Roogy likes this.
  11. Leyda

Leyda

Bounty Points:
    I haven't played the game myself as i can't, i just watched markiplier for hours until he finished it. The graphics are one of the best ive seen so far. It really gave off a nice vibe ^^

Roogy likes this.
  12. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    Roogy likes this.
  13. Camie

Camie Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    This game seems crazy hard. Lots of respect to those who enjoy this game. I would fling my controller across the room. Lol.

Roogy and Nitwit like this.
  14. Maika

Maika

Bounty Points:
    I've played this game recently and gosh I loved it. The design, the music (although you hate it after trying again the level for the 20th time)
    The difficulty here is that you must find a strategy, and therefore you have to die a lot of times to understand which one to pick.
    I hated the dragon, beppi the clown and the devil (his first and third phases are hard as fuck).
    The bird, the bee and the actress were the easiest for me.

I'm actually trying to accomplish S score on every level but I'm actually locked on Hilda Berg ><

Roogy likes this.
  15. DarkWitch

DarkWitch Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Now that this game is coming to the switch, I can finally play it.

Roogy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice