Current Events Conquerors Haki in the new world?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Luca, Nov 9, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Luca

Luca

Bounty Points:
    hi all.

This is by no means a complaint thread but more like gathering your opinion.

As chinjao said all the coc users, are blessed with it beacause they have the strength to rise to the top, and have the will power and dermination to fulfill it.

I by no means mind that we get quite a few characters with CoC, it’s only obvious that they are all in the new world as it’s the place where all the conquerors fight for the ultimate conqueror, in this case the pirate king title.

I’m not sure how I feel about Rogers crew having 3 CoC users.

I mean Rayleigh was necessary for the plot to teach Luffy.

But Oden was already gifted with the voice of all things was it really necessary for him to have CoC?

If we go by logic, Mihawk should have CoC because he “conquered” all the swordsman in the world.

So (this is far fetched) if zoro develops it, it kinda makes sense because he will eventually conquer all the swordsman of the world.

That’s already 2, and that’s pushing it because no allusion was made to Zoro having and it’s very possible for him not to have it.

So having Rogers crew have 3 conquerors in one crew kinda downplays Luffys crew a bit, especially because luffys crew is the one which will change the world.

How do you feel about this new reveal about Oden?

2. Beky

Beky Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    To be honest so far we've seen like 6,7 people who can use it and when that compares to overall number of people in OP world is really is 0,000000001% of people

Problem is tho that we only see that 0,000000001% of people so it seems it is more than it really is

That being said , i don't want it to become something mainstream in order for character to be "strong"

Kyro Kakugi and Jo_Ndule like this.
  3. Luca

Luca

Bounty Points:
    I don’t mind different people from different backgrounds having it. Like for example it totally makes sense for katakuri to have it.

What I find odd, is that all the conquerors are meant to be so powerful( in will and dertimanation, not strength)

So it’s alreay weird to have 1 Coc follow an other, here we have 2 follow 1, just seems weird.

Or maybe roger was just that amazing

4. Zeroishero

Zeroishero

Bounty Points:
    Z
    Zoro doesnt need to conquer all swordsmen. Zoro only needs tobeat mihawk. He doesnt need to beat Law, Fujitora or Big Mom,etc.

5. Alaor

Alaor

Bounty Points:
    Following someone doesn't diminish your own determination or will power. Zoro follows Luffy but he still has a very strong determination to be the strongest swordsmen. The same is probably valid for Oden and Rayleigh, they followed Roger but i'm sure they had their own objectives and goals.
    End of story i think 4 straw hats should have CoC. Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Usopp

6. X18999

X18999

Bounty Points:
    Roger have a few CoC users in his crew isn't all that odd. Especially since Shanks was just a kid and Oden was more of a tag-alone rather than a true cremate. Not to mention Roger was likely the greatest CoC user in recent history... doing what no other had.

Kyro Kakugi and Kung Fu Dugong like this.
  7. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    It never made sense for Katakuri to have it. He's a subordinate. The only subordinates who should have had it are kings in other ways like Dark King, or a Daimyo of Kuri, should have it.

Anyone who Oda wants to have CoC, will have it. There is no coherence.

MONET likes this.
  8. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    yes Mihawk should have CoC

it is basically implied that he is stronger than shanks, why shouldn't he have it?

Awakening_coming likes this.
  9. X18999

X18999

Bounty Points:
    The only CoC users who are subordinates have bosses that can use it so Katakuri is fine... and considering he does rule an island he can qualify as a 'King'.

JioFreed, Dragomir, Chiers91 and 5 others like this.
  10. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    yes

Ashura Douji was implied to be at the very least Yc3+ level, meaning that Oden was at the bare minimum y1 but likely even stronger

Oden was also the son of the shogun and ruled over good part of wano

Awakening_coming, MONET and Jo_Ndule like this.
  11. Ryo Ren

Ryo Ren

Bounty Points:
    Dont like. Conquerors are supposed to be individualists' who follow nobody and live by their own free wills. Roger and kid-shanks should be the only ones out of the crew who had cotc. Oden was a nations leader but not a world conqueror. Rayleigh was a follower[albeit a great one lol). Cotc should be left to only a special few who have the will to take on the world. Therefore Kidd makes sense, doffy, luffy, dragon, etc.

Luffy and Zoro should be the only ones with cotc out of the straw hats. Zoro because he has a dream greater than being luffys right hand man which is conqering all swordsman which is a younkou level feat.

12. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    katakuri is the minister of flour

he's essentially the ruler of his own island
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:55 AM, Original Post Date: Nov 10, 2018 at 12:53 AM ---
    a person who lives by their own free will can still be a subordinate if that person's will aligns with someone else's. Like zoro, zoro's will aligns with luffy's as in order to become WSSM, zoro has to fight and become stronger and the best way to do that would be to follow luffy
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:58 AM ---
    in any case, if we are talking about sanji or jinbei getting CoC, I never thought they would get it but with light of Oden having it, it makes a lot of sense

Sanji is the prince of Germa

Jinbei was captain of his own crew

they are both leaders in their own right and could easily lead pirate crews on par with those of the supernova if they weren't under luffy(before any of y'all quote me on this, while sanji MIGHT be weaker than all the other supernovas, germa would easily crush some of the weaker supernova crews)

Jo_Ndule likes this.
  13. Ryo Ren

Ryo Ren

Bounty Points:
    Roger was the pirate king, rayleigh was his subordinate. Their wills dont "align"- rayleighs WILL supports rogers greater will.

Zoro following Luffy is a means to an end which is to conquer all swordsmen which is completely separate from luffys "will", so their wills dont "align"

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 1:03 AM
    Awakening_coming likes this.
  14. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Flampee rules her own island too. There are dozens of islands. All Yonko Commanders lead ships and islands.

15. Alaor

Alaor

Bounty Points:
    We don't really know that much about Rayleigh to say for sure that he didn't have a separate goal from Roger. Just because you follow somebody doesn't mean you don't have your own goals.
    All you need to have CoC is to have strong will power. Katakuri has a strong determination to protect his siblings. Serving Big Mom doesn't hurt his will, it actually helps him achieve his goal.

Kyro Kakugi and Kung Fu Dugong like this.
  16. Ryo Ren

Ryo Ren

Bounty Points:
    Agree we dont know enough about rayleigh but Cotc takes a special kind of exceptionally powerful will power, not just "strong" will power. Katakuri is a mommas boy who never left home to follow his own free will. Obviously his powerful mom dominates his will with her will. He doesnt deserve "conquerors haki" neither does chinjao

17. Alaor

Alaor

Bounty Points:
    Katakuri's desire is to protect his siblings as we see in his flashback with Brulee. Staying home and guarding his family is following his will.

herasux, Jo_Ndule and Kung Fu Dugong like this.
  18. Kung Fu Dugong

Kung Fu Dugong

Bounty Points:
    Well, the Roger Pirates actually had 4 confirmed CoC users (Shanks was still too young tho, Idk if he was able to use CoC back then) and the crew actually could've had more (some speculate the Scopper Gaban had it too). The WB Pirates were probably the same, besides Whitebeard and Ace, I believe that Blackbeard and Marco are CoC users too (if Katakuri has it, Marco should have it too).

Conqueror's haki represents a potential, doesn't mean that every CoC user will eventually be a "king". In Mihawk's words, "when someone like him (Zoro*) swallows his pride, it's for someone else"... many CoC users are/were subordinates to others (Rayleigh, Ace, Katakuri, Chinjao and even Oden himself).

* I'm not saying that he's a CoC user, just saying that it's high likely. Others besides Mihawk have noted his strong willpower.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 3:25 AM
  19. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    im not going to comment on Roger/rayleigh since we know little to nothing about them

but in any case, my point is that Zoro isn't luffy's subordinate because luffy wants him to be, Zoro is luffy's subordinate because he chose to be. If kaido told zoro to be his subordinate, do you think he would listen?

Zoro is Luffy's subordinate out of his own free will.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2018 at 4:52 AM, Original Post Date: Nov 10, 2018 at 4:48 AM ---
    all CoC users are kings in some way

not all kings are CoC users

having CoC isn't a prerequisite to being a king, but having CoC means you are likely a king

obviously Katakuri is a good leader:
    • he's the first mate of the BMP
    • one of the 3 commanders
    • everyone looks up to him
    • he's a ruler of his own island

20. Ryo Ren

Ryo Ren

Bounty Points:
    Which is why I gave my opinion that Cotc should have more rarity- which was the point of this thread. I personally dont think Katakuri or chinjao deserve it. Thats just my opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice