Come on Marines!

Discussion in 'Marine HQ' started by Monkey D. Garp, Feb 12, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Monkey D. Garp

Monkey D. Garp

Bounty Points:
    I think you are very well aware of the fourth event, we can do this! We have -

Simovich
    Cardinalsinner
    Iaikaa
    Freeze
    Akagami
    Captain Obvious

I believe these are the active Marine members. If even 5 members make two cards we can have a total of 10. With 10 cards we will have a sure chance to reach the finals, so start preparing!

What you need to make sure is to chose the hit-rate smartly. I have received some inside news that the hit-rate is pretty important, more than the actual skill itself (defensive/offensive doesn't matter that much...it still plays an important role though). I have also heard a rumor of the use of the new "DICE" system for the main fights.

So discuss and do your best! I am here to help.

Marines Card:
    [​IMG]

2. cardinalsinner

cardinalsinner

Bounty Points:
    Okay then. I'm no-good with these cardgamethingies. Once again I prove myself to be useless. I will need lots of help to fully understand what I'm dealing with here. Luc, Simon, I'm counting on you guys!

I'll read the event explanation few more times later today so I'll be sure I got all the necessary info out of it, but..! I need you to share few ideas and examples how the cards should be done and balanced. And also if you have any other things that are worth knowing, please share. ..and try to think you're talking to someone who has absolutely no idea what's going on, so simple terms!

3. Akagami

Akagami Guest

Bounty Points:
    Garp said the abilities are not 'that' important. What is the dice system?
    I think we should all chose different powers and different hit ranges for each ablity, so if I select 10-30 on my first ability cardinalsinner will select something else and the other members will select something else. I hope you understand what I said, because it was not mentioned will the cards go 1 against 1 against 1 or as a group against group :eek: if we do that it can be advantegious as group against group but if it turns out 1 against 1 against 1 then hmm....

I am ready to make two cards..! we only need to plan it properly. I think out of 5 3 offensive skills and 2 deffensive skills should be good? the special skill can be either offensive or defensive.

4. simovich

simovich

Bounty Points:
    Cpt. Obvious isn't active :p and i know that.
    and for me dunno if i'm realy active i will see how i will put something up for this event.

5. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Your fleet needs you Fleet Admiral ;)

cardinalsinner likes this.
  6. cardinalsinner

cardinalsinner

Bounty Points:
    I think I understand the general idea now. Maybe. Now I just need to see some examples to compare them and stuff. Don't question my ways of learning things! xD I need to see and do, just reading won't cut it for me.

Don't abandon us, oi! >:

7. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    As Garp has already informed you, the hit rate plays more role than the actual moves itself. So you just make a list of moves, put the hit rate making sure you follow the hit rate rules and it's done. I guess Luc can help you with it since the minute he see's hit rate and DICE he'll understand what the winning criteria is going to be XD
    --- merged: Feb 13, 2012 10:19 AM ---
    Added the marines card to the first post! Use that to make your cards ^^

8. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Lets see what i can do i need to read the fucking rules of this thing first XD

9. Iaikaa

Iaikaa

Bounty Points:
    I don't really understand how this works either xD Though I have hard time just thinking about the ability list, not that it was all too important what the abilities are but...yeah.

10. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Tell me what you guys don't get :p All you need to do is pick an ability, add a hit rate to it following the hit rate rules.

11. cardinalsinner

cardinalsinner

Bounty Points:
    Well I kinda get it. But.. Ehm.. I can't explain what I don't understand. xD Let's say it like this; I understand how to make a card, but I don't understand how to make a good card.

12. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    I didn't read anything about it yet thats what i didn't get XD

cardinalsinner likes this.
  13. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Then read, it's simple xD

14. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Yea i said that i was going to do that!

CapnLuffy likes this.
  15. Iaikaa

Iaikaa

Bounty Points:
    It came to my mind just recently. If we could figure out how the cards will work could this event have the possibility of using the ability to lurk one of the other factions forums? That would ofcourse mean we could only do it in the very end of the submission period though.

I don't really know what are "good" card on this game though so I'm not sure if that would be of any use xD

16. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Good ones would be smart selections of hit rate xD

17. Iaikaa

Iaikaa

Bounty Points:
    It's easy to say smart selection but without knowing how the game works I'm pretty bad at figuring that out. Well, we still have time and my brain isn't working properly anyway atm xD

18. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    You need to select a hit rate between the numbers 1 to 99, each hit rate should have a minimum span of 10 numbers and max span of 20.

For example: 10-30 is a valid hit rate, 10-25 is a valid hit rate but 10-40 isn't a valid hit rate (crossing 20 max span).

There can't be consecutive, you cannot have 0-20, 20-40 etc. There needs to be 5 gap in between, so it'd be 0-20, 25-40 etc.

It's not that confusing, the skills do play a role but not a major one (as already said) and you can practically set any numbering you wish (it is already told the DICE will play an important role, you should guess the relationship between the DICE and hit rate).

19. Akagami

Akagami Guest

Bounty Points:
    umm I am new and do not know how the other competitions went but...should we each select 2 characters for our 2 cards?

20. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice