1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Colors & Layers: Haki Revisited

Let's revisit haki in its entirety

Share This Page

1. Donal D. Trump

Donal D. Trump

Bounty Points:
    Donal D. Trump submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Colors & Layers: Haki Revisited - Let's revisit haki in its entirety

Click here to read further...

2. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    The Vivre Card databook confirms Luffy having the Voice of All things.

3. Donal D. Trump

Donal D. Trump

Bounty Points:
    I corrected it for you, now it is definite instead of acting though as it is.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  4. lotizzle

lotizzle

Bounty Points:
    Hey... I really enjoyed your theory! I ave few questions!

When you mentioned the flame pattern, I do not see how Big Mom used her power on Luffy. It seems to me that she just blocked a hit. We had luffy saying he was going for 1 punch, and then, after being caught by sanji, saying “the power is draining” refering G4 pressure on the body.
    I watched the anime and did not see any flames on Big Mom so maybe just a mistake fixed after! I am not saying you are wrong about the fact that Luffy and Kat can keep their DF properties while using Haki, but it is not clear how BM used her power in that case.

Another Idea I have, and I would like to have your opinion on is about Armament or Haki and “fire”. I mean some people call Armament hardening as a kind of “Vulcanization”, not litteraly of course! Lol! We also have G2 Red Hawk. Also, you think Wano is a place where people mastered Haki... and Kinemon’ is using his Firefox Style generating flames. Do you think it may be related?
    This can be a key to Zoro having flaming swords!

Let me know your thought!

5. Donal D. Trump

Donal D. Trump

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    This is what fully happened in the manga. Big Mom has the same flaming pattern as Luffy and didn't best him physically at all. She comes physically in contact with him on the area where she uses the flaming pattern. What does happen once she does? "...........!?" and her hand shows energy around it, Luffy says he is losing power. Let's look at how herdevil fruit looks like.

[​IMG]
    A white aura comes out of Muscat's body because she wants to "eat his soul". The manga is pretty clear that her devil fruit ability drained his energy(That is what her devil fruit does).

I could be of course totally wrong, so take this with a grain of salt but "vulcanization" will not be a thing. If you understand how "hardening" works and reread Hody getting hit by red-hawk you see exactly how it works. Luffy stretches his arm, than begins at his fist with using "Hardening". Because his arm is stretched already and applies afterwards "hardening", the friction beings to create flames from his fist onward. Until his entire arm is completely blackened and in flames he is able to reduce his arm with almost certainly the flaming pattern. We can't see the flaming pattern because he wears a shirt over it(later on it was revealed when he used g4 that he has a flaming pattern under the shirt when he uses "muscle balloon"). You can say that Red-Hawk is a foreshadow that Luffy is able to use haki while remaining with the properties of his devil fruit and that his new gear might use it, which it does of course.

About Kinemon being able to cut fire is pretty obvious now, he uses "ryou" which enables you to create a "shockwave" which cuts anything, cutting flames is an easy task compared to reaching "goken"(the mighty blade). I think and I could remember wrong that Kinemon didn't create flames but just can cut them. Brook can create ice because of his undead df of course. There are many cases that you can explain away because of their unique abilities and its not something that everyone can learn.

I hope that was understandable lol.

6. lotizzle

lotizzle

Bounty Points:
    In your image, it says “I am losing power...”

“The power is draining...” means G4 is taking a toll on him.
    That’s the official Viz Translation. I believe Big Mom power is to interact and manipulate other’s soul. Soul here is representing then by the Lifespan. We never saw BM absorbing other’s power. But G4 is draining Luffy’s energy big time and it seems thats what happened here.
    If you pay attention.. you will see that the soul has a specific shape.

I dont know how to share images but you will be able to see the difference by checking Luffy G4, and each time a Soul is used. Also we cannot use the “colors” within black and white chapters, it can be really confusing.

- For Kinemon, he actualy generates fire. And Red Hawk need to have a logical explanation to some degree. Armamnent Haki can be the link here. For Kinemon, just check chapter 699 , and also the anime os way clearer!

7. Donal D. Trump

Donal D. Trump

Bounty Points:
    Luffy is literally saying that his power is draining. How would his "power drain" if he used g4? He can't use haki for 10 minutes and his power is never drained from him. What Big Mom is doing is "draining" someones lifespan, which if you think about it is haki. Never has Luffy shown anything like that, where he did 1 move against someone with equal strength and this made him go out of G4. If you understood this theory up so far I don't know what your issue is. Katakuri/G4 are case studies in when you can use the properties of your devil while using the flame pattern. Then you have another case with Big Mom where the exact same thing happens. I get that you are confused because of the anime because I remember some bs happening there that didn't happen in the manga but the manga is pretty clear about it. It is not a thing that his power gets drained with a simple trade off, of course she is using her devil fruit, otherwise she wouldn't have used the flaming pattern and you can see Luffy's lifespan/haki/aura/energy(all the same, Rayleigh said so literally) in her hand, with a text box that indicates something unexpected is happening.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  8. lotizzle

lotizzle

Bounty Points:
    I am sorry man... I can understand your theory, As i said, I like it. Took my time to read it after all. Does not mean I agree with everything.
    Big Mom was using her power with Zeus and all always activated... but Lifespan/Haki/Aura/Energy being all the same is wrong to me... Raileigh never said so. Big Mom do not absorb people powers. She takes their Lifespan which is not someone’s energy. Pedro was not weaker because he lost years of his life. He did not even look older.I mean her power has been shown and explained... we have no evidence she is absorbing power.
    The sentence said so litteraly you said “The POWER is draining...” not “drained...” or “Being drained...” which implies that the power itself is affecting Luffy.
    Maybe my english is wrong there, but that how I undesrtood it and friends around me also.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on this part of your theory and wait for Oda to be more specific about Big Mom powers.

Donal D. Trump likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice