Straw Hats Chopper's power up: Haki and Points

Discussion in 'Characters, Groups & Organizations Discussion' started by Zeeds, Mar 17, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Zeeds

Zeeds

Bounty Points:
    tl;dr: Chopper could learn to use Haki with the aid of his points.

Greetings everyone! Recently on the manga, we've been seeing a series of power ups for the Strawhat Crew. Luffy's prison training, Sanji's Raid Suit and Nami's Zeus.

I'm trying to imagine how could Oda improve Chopper as a fighter, so let's go.

Haki, but not as always

Chopper is a physical fighter, the kind that uses his arms, legs, horns throught his "Points".

After the timeskip, Chopper showed more points, droping the requirements of using his Rumble Ball to trigger those points (with the except of his Monster Point). This is how the character of Chopper fights, and Oda will continue to stick to those style, making any power up to be related to this.

Haki is an easy way to make him stronger, and it's the logical next step to him. For being able to awaken it, Chopper will need to go through some stress or "extreme need", like happened to Copy and Usoop. The events of WCI and the future events of Wano could be the way he does this. No problems here.

How Chopper will be able to use Haki it's an importante question. Sure, he could freely incorporate Armament and even Hardening to his punchs or kicks, alongside Observation to make him more perceptive in battle. But I don't think that Oda will choose this. First, this style requires practice over it and time for training (taking Luffy's example during timeskip), and for now, Chooper won't have any time for it.

My hypothesis is that Chopper will be able to use Haki with the aid of his points.

Observation Haki

Brain point is my way to go for Observation Haki. It channels his human side intellect, and as showed with his Scope ability, he can analyse enemies and find their weakeness.

[​IMG]

With the focus on his brain, instincts and intellect, Chopper will be able to use Observation Haki, giving him way more insights (emotions, locations, movements or specially health state) for his analyses and thinking process. This style could allow Chopper to analyse weak points, fatigue, injuries with way more precision; or simply having a great sight over the battlefield.

Armament Haki

Armament it's often used as Hardening level (the "black haki"), but it's not restricted to it. In fact, we have several demonstrations on how Armamente could be used:

• The invisible form, as showed by the Kujas, Zoro cutting Monet, or Cracker's biscuit shields;
    • The barrier used by admirals to protect the execution platform in Marineford;
    • The "blast" used by rayleigh to knockout an elephant in front of Luffy,
    • The "reflection" used by Sentoumaru againt Luffy's punchs.
    I can see Chopper using something between the traditional invisible form and the Rayleigh's blast one, while he's on Arm Point (which seens to be dropped in favor of Kung fu Point post time skip). I choose thit point because it focus in only one body aspect, which is his arms strenght.

[​IMG]

This point seens to be the the easyeast way for him to channel his Armament' Haki, helping him to create stronger versions of his Kokutei moveset. It's appears to be logical to combine to use those forms of Armament Haki with this style of special moves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going further

Of course, he could learn to use Haki within his other points, like the guard point, but the simplest route described above seens to be more logical.
    Thinking in alternatives, as Luffy, we could see Chopper creating new points while using Armament Hardening Haki to control his body, by compreessing, arms, muscles or his size in general. It probably requires more mastery over Haki, falling in the lack of time problem for this being possible.

What do you guys thing about it?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    I think Chopper's power up will most likely be his "monster" form improving, or a "battle" form that incorporates all his "points" in to his "human" form that gives him the strength of his "monster" form with the drawbacks of his full "monster" form.
    As for haki I see all the members being able to use basic haki by the end of Wano, but probably not Hardening, and it won't get treated as a big deal.

Tejas likes this.
  3. benexworth

benexworth

Bounty Points:
    i want something epic to happen with chopper to awaken his haki but i guess that wont be for a while.

4. Zeeds

Zeeds

Bounty Points:
    In the recently chapter, Luffy talked about the "haki blast" that Reyleigh used agains that Elephant. That's what I had in mind for Chopper. Maybe we can see something when he arrives at the prison with Mom.

5. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    he's not getting that

Invisible armor seems to be the CoA equivalent to FS. Chopper doesnt even have Hardening

6. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    - Chopper's might learn some more unorthodox ( from a traditional Western perspective ) forms of medicine, e.g. acupuncture and pressure...points. Get ready for Fist of the North Star Point Chopper. He'll basically Awaken his fruit and become the World's Strongest Creature - the ultimate combination of Man and Nature, Sage and Beast, Past and Future.

- This will entail Chopper developing his own CoO abilities, centered around his Brain Point scanning. I'm thinking Chopper will gain the ability to precisely sense what's happening within a patient or opponent's body, his natural reindeer senses perhaps further helping him along in these endeavors.

- I think both he and Sanji are fated to become fellow students under someone with connections to both the Vinsmokes and Kureha, Hiriluk, etc....somebody based on famous Osamu Tezuka creation Dr. Black Jack, somewhat combined with some of Black Jack's rivals - someone who's pro-euthanasia and another who's an acupuncturist. But that's another theory for another day.

- Add a little Electro to the mix and we might see Chopper paralyzing fools with electrified needles. Or y'know just his favorite walking stick.

- Aside from that, I'd imagine an Awakened Chopper would gain a form referencing that of mythical Golden Hind, Kirin, Ram of the Golden Fleece, Golden Calf etc...a Nature God of sorts.

- Will probably learn Life Return as well, which when combined with medical knowledge both Eastern and Western will allow him to basically counter-act near any and all disease or poison ( with respect to himself anyways ).

- If I'm right about Awakened Zoans having the power to temporarily Evolve themselves, we could also see Chopper increase his number of Points several fold, perhaps even unlocking previously unrecognized forms of "humanity," such as giants and what not. As I mentioned before, one these forms will probably represent the peak of human evolution, ie a golden Buddha/Oars -like figure ( Man's evolution calling back to its ancient origins, closing the circle ).
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 22, 2019 ---
    I foresee all the Strawhats adopting a "soft" approach towards EOS, so Chopper being able to rapidly shapeshift in smooth, fluid fashion would be a logical progression. As you said, Chopper may not even need to shift to different Points when all is said and done.

Plus, it'd represent his mimicry of Luffy's own flexible rubber form; I'm also predicting the Strawhats are going to develop their skills by mimicking and learning from one another. Some theorize Luffy was inspired by Chopper's Rumble Ball transformations when developing his gears after all, so makes sense we'd see the opposite too.

7. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23

Bounty Points:
    Chopper has been killing me since Punk Hazard tbh. We got shown these awesome transformations, but none of them have really been capitalized on since FI. I want to see his monster point or something get even more transformations. He did have a few good parts in WCI, but far too few at this point to mean anything. He really needs an inprovement

Tejas likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice