1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Chopper's new ability

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by AnonymousStrawHat, Jul 7, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonymousStrawHat

AnonymousStrawHat

Bounty Points:
    Chopper will learn Fishman Karate from Jinbe. Why do I say this?

Chopper is the only straw hat that doesn't have a distinctive fighting style, meaning he is not good at any one combat ability. Yeah he has different transformations but nothing sticks out except monster point and that's only because he is big. This is probably why his bounty and epithet both suck because he is not memorable.

The rumble ball is cool and let chopper survive the paradise islands. His new transformations are cool but I can't see them being of any use against a New World enemy. For example, without monster point could chopper take anybody from the Donquixote family? No he can't, and he's going to have to be able to compete with the lower main crew of other ships

When he uses the now controllable monster point it only has a three minute time limit and leaves chopper unable to defend himself afterwards.

All of this means that Choppers transformations alone aren't going to cut it in 1v1 fights and he needs to learn a new skill.

Chopper will learn Fishman Karate because

1. He will realize that he needs a new skill and Jinbe will be his crewmate. He will try to find a fighting identity and Jinbe is the most suited of the SH to help him.

2. It is foreshadowed that chopper is interested in martial arts because of Kung fu point. Fishman Karate will make this point obsolete.

3. If someone has never met Chopper, they never can tell exactly what he is and he wasn't excepted growing up. He will be a Human Doctor who is a reindeer that uses Fishman Karate. This will make him extremely different and even more of a monster that he has been claimed to be. Being different is a theme for chopper.

Now I also theorize that in order to use Fishman Karate you have to have thumbs. I think that's why only some Fishman can use it but humans can too. Chopper only has thumbs in his human/heavy point and in his monster form. This means that chopper will fight in his human form because that's when he can use FK. Meaning from a combat stand point it wouldn't make since for chopper to use his other forms! His monster point also becomes relavent because FK should make it extremely devastating and worth being able to only fight three minutes and the rumple ball will still be useful.

For all of this to go down Chopper will either lose a 1v1 fight or have to be saved. So expect chopper to be in a serious fight soon.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Larsi

Larsi

Bounty Points:
    None of the straw hats are gonna learn fishman karate. Jinbei will join and it would be offensive if one of the other learns it but has an inferior version, or if they become equal.

3. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    I honestly don't even think that Chopper needs to have a fighting style. His points already give him insane variety alone and I don't think that it would even fit him to learn fishman karate.

8787NO3Monet and Zero Zero No Mi like this.
  4. Larsi

Larsi

Bounty Points:
    I mean, Sanji, Zoro and brook are the onlybones with distinct styles. The other ones either use some kind of special weapon or devil fruit.

8787NO3Monet and Treeko D James like this.
  5. Supreme Master

Supreme Master

Bounty Points:

So much fucking potential, and then skip to the time-skip, all I see is some pirate who's turned into some kiddy character.

6. Baba

Baba MuuBa <3

Bounty Points:
    I don't think he needs or will ever learn Fishman karate. Your whole post is based on under the assumption that he is weak compared to the new world standards without his monster point. We haven't even seen his pre-ts named attacks yet.
    All we've seen until now him cowering from a fight most of the times. So I think we just have for him to get a serious 1 v 1 fight to see what his true potential is which I'm sure we will get in this arc. Also as the above person said him learning electro is more possible than him learning FK.

8787NO3Monet and Treeko D James like this.
  7. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    new and upcoming form: Fishman point xD

Hmm, i can definitely see where you are going with this idea, it is quite unique, but as you stated yourself, each character has something unique to them which makes them distinct. By teaching Chopper FishMan Karate he is now just a worse off Jinbei in terms of a fight, i'd rather he had his own power-up or even just developed his own strength further than just learning someone else's fighting style:D

8. Icecream001

Icecream001

Bounty Points:
    That would be something huh? Chopper being taught by Jinbe. Maybe Jinbe and Chopper could be a cool duo with both of their different karate skills?

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  9. Treeko D James

Treeko D James

Bounty Points:
    Chopper = Electro/Haki/Transformation Beast.[​IMG]

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  10. izaya

izaya

Bounty Points:
    It's a skull joke!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 8, 2016 ---
    Honestly I think he's gonna learn electro from the minks and armament from Luffy or Zoro and that's all he needs. His points are extremely useful and to just disregard them for another technique that a straw hat already has is pointless. Though it would be cool lol

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  11. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    Well, i kinda disagree here. Saying, he doesn't have a "fighting style", well that's what his point's are for. As they allow him, to fight in different ways.

I really don't see the need, for fishman karate. He spent 2 years, developing his points, that he doesn't even require rumble balls, except for monster point. Now, he's going to learn fishman karate, and make kung fu point obsolete.....yep, makes sense lol.

As for taking down Doflamingo's executives, we can never know, as he didn't get a chance to fight.

He doesn't need to develop anything new, he just needs to expand on his current skills, that's all. Hell, people suggest, he may even learn electro, which would be helpful for him. As he does have fur.

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  12. Nirex

Nirex

Bounty Points:
    Chopper's fighting style is Kung Fu point
    [​IMG]

13. speednut

speednut

Bounty Points:
    Oda wouldn't have 2 people on the crew with the same fighting style, and since Jinbei is joining it's not gonna happen. Chopper just needs CoA haki

kronika and Cpt. like this.
  14. Cpt.

Cpt.

Bounty Points:
    I agree with this. I think Chopper will just get electro and armament.

kronika likes this.
  15. Dave

Dave Wanted

Bounty Points:
    chopper will not learn fishman karate
    he has 7 transformations already beside he should learn electro or haki which would be more compatible to his power based fighting style

16. Aru

Aru

Bounty Points:
    Based on these points you just said, I believe it makes no sense for Oda-sensei to make him learn the same style as another crew member.

Plus, his Kung Fu point still has plenty potential for me.

17. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    He does not need any Fishman Karate.

If there will be any Fishman Karate user in the crew, that will be Jinbei after he joins.

Characters in Shonen (or any for of fiction for that matter), especially those with a big main cast, don't really go around teaching others their skills, even though it's totally plausible and would make a lot of sense. That's done in order to maintain an identity and diversity amongst the cast.

Chopper has a lot of original ways of fighting and even thoug he doesn't name his moves so often he has indeed an original fighting style. There's no need for him to learn Fishman Karate.

How exactly is that potential when you turn into Hulk and you don't even care about the safety of your own friends? There is 0 potential there.

He know, given his growth, posses an even stronger Monster Point that he can freely control for 3 minutes. I'd say that's actually really broken and Oda only needs to give him a proper fight. Post timeskip he stomped a trained CP9 agent in that form, not to mention the fact that he is pretty much a tank. If you scale that to Pre timeskip you get some crazy stats.

Baba likes this.
  18. Supreme Master

Supreme Master

Bounty Points:
    I'm talking about that type of portrayal of Chopper. Chopper at that point of time was seen as a true beast, that type of hidden power that he possessed. After time-skip the form clearly loses credibility. Like you said we'll have to see he's capabilities in his upcoming fight.

19. Gear5thAwakening

Gear5thAwakening

Bounty Points:
    COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chopper would look AWESOME with Black Haki Arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treeko D James likes this.
  20. Diavolo

Diavolo

Bounty Points:
    i dont think fishman karate will suit and useful for chopper, his fighting style is based on his transformation so, i guess it will be awesome if he learn how to use haki, because haki can be applied to every transformation he has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice