Chapter Secrets Special - Everything you Need to Know Before Wano’s Second Act

Discussion in 'One Piece Reviews, Articles & Analysis' started by Artur, Nov 18, 2018.

Share This Page

?

When do you think that the Wano Arc will end?

1. Before Chapter 1000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Around Chapter 1000

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Before Chapter 1050

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  4. After Chapter 1050

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    Alright the infirmary stuff still doesn’t change the timeline by much... I gave a minimum of 12 hours to just represent dusk to dawn but in reality there’s no way it’s only 12 hours since he arrived in Wano during daylight, a few hours later it was still day light when he got beaten... If we give the absolute minimum of him arriving at dawn, then by like 10 am he gets beaten, then by 12 pm he is out of the infirmary and starts getting marched to Udon, he still arrives during daylight so if we again assume he arrives at dawn then that’s still 16 hours Minimum... so in actuality I would say the minimum distance is still like 80km but I just lowballed it to 60km... This is also assuming they are moving at 5km/hr since that’s I guess reasonable enough walking speed... If they are doing jogging speed of up to 9/10 km then it could go down to 40-50km...

And as far as The Zoro thing... Well Rivers don’t work like that... If you see one section of the river pointing in one direction the doesn’t mean it’s like one straight road that must go there. Those factories are pretty damn far away in the distance so the odds that there’s a bend in the river or at least a tributary or something is very high... It wasn’t mentioned that the river was created by Oden for travel so I don’t think it’s like a one way road or something... It can change direction or have other rivers connect to it... There’s also stuff like it would pretty weird if the Government officials had to keep passing through concentration camps everyday when commuting between the Capital and Bakura town

2. Pritam

Pritam

Bounty Points:
    how do you know that for sure? I said its highly that he was taken to the prison after he gets awaken. There is less chances that he'd wake up after two hours he got beat up. It'd take more than that.
    Those rivers are created by Oden, I doubt he'll try bending them..for no reason. Think them as more of a canals.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  3. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    I don’t know about you but I don’t think the beast pirates care too much about whether Luffy has is well rested or whatever... Besides we’ve seen him wake up minutes after he got knocked out first when he was starving in WCI and the Enraged army went hog wild on him and second when he clearly go knovked out of exhaustion and damage from Katakuri at the end of the fight... Notice that in that last situation it was both sustained damage and exhaustion that knocked him out wheareas for Kaido it was Shock damage only that knocked him out so his stamina has no issue to the point that he can still use Haki which we know drains stamina... So given that the beast pirates aren’t a care facility and we’ve seen Luffy wake up after less than 15 minutes from getting knocked out before I gave the 2 hours as an extreme generosity...

And the river is man made but like we’ve the canals in Venice, they are obviously designed to create maximu travel convenience so why would they just remain straight when a human being made it for convenience...

I’m also asking you to consider that Bakura town is where the Officials of the Capital Live... So really the distance has to be small seeing as I don’t think them traveling through the factories everyday just to reach their places of work is very efficient

4. Pritam

Pritam

Bounty Points:
    I didn't say they care about him..I said they would take any chance they get to parade him ..that's why they waited for him to wake up. your basis is it was day and there was noon when fight happened, It isn't the proven its all just a speculation. you forgot Luffy took a nice rest on the beach when he arrived in Wano until crab bit his nose., also Sanji looked for luffy for hours in the bottom of the sea until he met Luffy on ruins. So it might not be noon as you are saying.
    I don't know what you are talking about, If they want to get to other cities faster and two regions are in straight lines , wouldn't they built canals/rivers in straight lines?
    Its obviously small distance as Zoro reached there in the same day..But is it closer than the Factories ?? I say No.

5. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    Okay what do you think was happening all night then? Assuming even if I say the journey to the Udon happened over night only which it clearly didn’t that would still be a 12 hour journey and that would still put Udon 60km away...
    I can even change the time line for you if you want.

Let’s say Luffy landed in Kuri at noon itself.
    I would still put the fight with him and Kaidou at four hours later at 4pm since Sanji said “What did Luffy do in the few hours we were apart”... And considering Hawkins already had foresight of Luffy’s arrival I highly doubt he spent literal hours lying there on the beach as you’re suggesting so four hours is enough.

Now then the newspaper of Luffy’s defeat still managed to get printed and distributed within before dusk on the same day so that’s about 2 hours after Luffy got beaten... And by this time Zoro was already arriving in the Capital... So basically the Capital is about 3 hours away from Kuri since the story about Oden was beginning around the time Zoro was setting off to the Capital and I can assume the story and planning took about 1 hour...

And I’ve explained why I don’t think Luffy required or was given more than 2 hours of rest after he got beaten so that puts us at 6pm... At 6pm Luffy is patched up and awake, Zoro is arriving at The Capital and the newspapers are distributed and this is all still happening during day light... I’ve low balled it to the extreme to say it’s at dusk or near to it...

Now then we know Luffy arrives at Udon minimum 12 hours later... If Udon is less than 3 hours away from Bakura town then theirs like a full 8-9 hours of missing time where we know nothing of what was happening... I guess if he was getting paraded around then they have to tell us he was but then that can also happen on the journey to Udon so he could’ve been Paraded around as they travelled all those km to Udon.

Anyway I might be thinking too much about this so whatever

6. Pritam

Pritam

Bounty Points:
    I only speculated that Luffy may have been knocked out for more than a night and they started paraded him at day start.
    only time will tell whether you're right or me.

7. RAIZEL

RAIZEL

Bounty Points:
    you're work will always be greatly appreciated in our op fandom

8. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    Knocked out for a whole night is basically Luffy just deciding to sleep because if he really want to he’d just wake up in minutes as we’ve seen him do... And this would also require the Beast pirates for some reason to let him sleep for a full night yet their explicit orders were to work him to the bone... But yeah we’ll wait and see... I was just surprised by the Next day thing when I first saw it since I got the impression that the journey required a full night and not even Alabasta was that big

9. trafalgardwaterlawwoman

trafalgardwaterlawwoman

Bounty Points:
    great work as always !:<3: thanks for the good job :)

Luna <3, Pritam and Artur like this.
  10. Artur

Artur

Bounty Points:
    In his interview in the Yomiuri, he said that the reason he didn't include Jinbe in color spreads is because he wanted to keep what happened to him in his last appearance a mystery, aka what happened to him after 902 (in his last appearance, not his appearance).

11. Telvin123

Telvin123

Bounty Points:
    Yea like I was saying, people that translated that interview, some of whom frequent this site, stated that the interview doesn't mention Jinbe at all:

https://edomonogatari.wordpress.com/2018/07/24/yomiuri-oda/

https://orojackson.com/threads/next-strawhat-nakama-v-2.18006/page-1340#post-3482481

https://orojackson.com/threads/one-...per-yomiuri-shinbun.54566/page-7#post-3491891

So it seems like it's just misinformation that has been spread around unfortunately.

Artur likes this.
  12. Artur

Artur

Bounty Points:
    Given how you brought it up I thought about it (I wanted to go through the full article myself, but that was quite a lot), though I wasn't sure if it was a misunderstanding or not. Thanks for the sources, I trust the first one quite a lot, so that definitely seems to be the case. There's many small mistranslations or made up facts that slip into these interviews, so it's important to keep in mind what's true or not.

Telvin123 likes this.
  13. Telvin123

Telvin123

Bounty Points:
    No problem, glad I could be of some help.

Pritam and Artur like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice