Chapter Secrets Special - Everything you Need to Know Before Wano’s Second Act

Discussion in 'One Piece Reviews, Articles & Analysis' started by Artur, Nov 18, 2018.

Share This Page

?

When do you think that the Wano Arc will end?

1. Before Chapter 1000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Around Chapter 1000

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Before Chapter 1050

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  4. After Chapter 1050

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Artur

Artur

Bounty Points:
    Originally, I was hoping to make a “Everything you need to know before the Wano Arc”, essentially a big summary of all the important things to know about the arc before starting it, just like I did with other arcs. However, with Wano coming out of nowhere during the Reverie, that wasn’t really possible and the idea went down the drain.

The past few chapters have already explained a lot of mysteries, but there are a few that haven’t quite been addressed yet, so with the first act over, I thought I’d go over them again, as well as give a short refresher on all the important information we’ve learned so far, which will hopefully give you a better grasp at the current arc:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Glenn Baskerville; @Sabo D. Roger; @Panda; @luffydzoro; @ardym; @sonnua; @Ranjit; @Mugi.D.Wara86; @Archezz Zean Sheryoku Ezz; @jAms; @chemical D yunk; @Jai Jana; @D Sanji; @4xdblack; @Fushicho Maruko; @Mr. Prince; @K.A.I.D.O; @CooIStuff; @Ariff; @poutanko; @Munshi; @Pirate D. Hunter; @Doctor Room; @JAGU; @Monkey D. Daz; @Micchan; @Supreme Master; @JewDoo; @Steamsteam; @tetux; @El-pachinko; @Blazen91; @Yirica; @mettalica.D.symon; @Yasopp; @shizu; @minions; @Red gunner; @Damy; @Donquixote D. Bastardo; @Irontwigg; @djiayebee; @Blade4693; @Rushi_05; @ZoroSenpai; @Haoshoku; @Tv-crimes; @GolD. Ace; @Marshall D. Usopp; @Kodomo; @わたしはかみなりだ; @Dreine; @KuroKaze; @Diavolo; @Mugiwara20; @Zazhi; @Rawbin; @Kiejiro; @Luffys Scars; @PeanutButterJely; @TheMightyAfroPhoenix; @Vector Sigma; @Tear; @laconicstrawhat; @GatlingRedHawk; @StrawKid; @CaptainSeneros; @inactive; @cdkhalid; @Joy_Boy; @Troyofyort; @NIGHTMARE LUFFY; @nemocard; @namiitoitonomi.; @danielord; @Gato; @NovaBounty; @sam1oq; @Nitwit; @Moko; @Ban Midou; @Liekkii; @Gol D. Nick; @KingDoji; @Veritas; @PinoBlack: @Plex; @edogama; @Alastor; @Joestar; @Manga Theory Dealer; @God_Ussopcomeouttongued; @Kyro Kakugi; @Suda; @Something; @Meicoomon; @Crooc; @Josh; @THE DUDE; @silverfang; @Mat D Bizzo; @East; @Monkey D. Bone; @Hyakuachi; @Holy Earlobes of GOD!!; @rainbowteinkle; @Rimshaker; @zoro the beast; @Captain Of The Fifth Ship; @Kaitou D. Kid; @Defend; @Thabeast; @Dave; @Karo; @Baba; @TYPO; @Buchaj; @Jarex; @Shadowlogia; @Saikō no Kenshi; @Bellisario Faith; @Mr. Tiddles; @Zero Zero No Mi; @MONET; @Monkey D family; @Don Sanjino; @Mirai; @Mikawksenpai; @prodigal D son; @Raycont; @Black_Lelouch; @Zainab_28; @Aru; @Monkey D Junior; @RogerSir!; @Darkane; @Jakubi; @PsychedelicDuckInNewWorld; @Raftie; @Adimas; @Chalupathemonkey; @bronion; @Serthhi; @MidnightKingZX; @BaderYyo; @Crazyjack; @RulZ; @Cpt.; @aaronash; @lemat; @Rinka_san; @Ebisu; @Qasid Aleem; @trush; @JustinF; @CP0; @The Cat Burglar; @Kuroh; @Trafalgar Deez nuts; @Starlord; @Highraider; @Torking; @Rinka_san; @Notorious Game; @Jon D. Eric; @Mugiwara no Luffy; @Regmius D Swid; @Kyutie Mo; @Josuke; @pking; @Blue gear; @Captain Abram; @new recruit; @Tope Topetot; @MonkeyDVaxen; @Vince; @yond; @Bartolomeo D. Barrier; @Kizaru D. Drake; @_Kaneki; @Tks007; @JHaki; @A$CE; @Vinsmoke Mihawk; @Iceage Zoro; @Greenteck; @Beli Rich; @L.Lawliet; @Takanome1994; @maxiko; @Telvin123; @Vegeta; @Franz Angelo; @271 others; @OOsef; @Dazai; @Monkey D. Zoro D. luffy; @Akagami no Shanx; @Ace23; @The_Monster_Trio; @RedDragonStrike; @Red D. Shanks; @DizzyBrows; @Luffy D Dragon; @BlackLegEd; @Nomijuro; @Screamouts; @DaniCaridwen; @.JollyRoger.; @LogicoftheVI; @kronika; @Dovah; @Trafalgar D. Water Soul; @Super star; @Cys; @Gumshoe; @korona; @dizzy2341; @mugiwara000; @Larsi; @Xerveltal; @nicolaw_h; @Houred; @Ferdix; @D. Shanks; @Scolines; @Aibo_in_Raftel; @BeBaD; @99cent Hitman; @Warlordgab; @BOCCHI; @uhraman; @Medyahya; @Cyrenz98; @Treacle; @Shanks1994; @God_Usopun; @Sangii; @tyranno; @SmokedOut; @Midnight Milk; @Pirate King 786; @Moey Krimz; @Ziosa; @Den_Den_Mushi; @Garcia; @ZORO_D_SANTORYU; @merry_go_round; @akame; @The_Evil_Cactus; @traffy_kun; @Orihime; @Tiago; @Abiz; @Handsome; @BOCCHI; @Electric Blue Killua; @Topi Jerami; @The Deity; @Syrti; @Spoiler Alert; @Gray D. Thomas; @Kdbbdk; @cardboard_douchebag; @Coquet; @Nessos; @Kaoru; @Dr_Ali; @ronoroa D luffy; @Rawahi; @Defiant to D end; @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor; @greenbeard; @Echi; @Rohan; @Gyusa Akahi; @Ash D.Dragon; @Markorus; @Salah Eddine Bouhank; @Portgas D. Shadow; @Veljko; @mugiwalaw; @Monkey D. Harambe; @Hisoka_05; @Rej Discussions; @Jesse Pinkman; @Kozuki Oden; @Trafalgar Rao; @X Drake; @Waindo; @Mr Scott; @Montblanc D. Usopp; @Vinsm0ke Niji; @LuffyForeverFan; @Zenos7; @Johnny B. Decent; @Nomi Nomi no Mi; @Andrewww; @Izzan Zikry; @trafalgardwaterlawwoman; @Bhargav; @Dragomir; @Wajay; @kom5; @Cinera; @muhaswin; @MeO; @King of Hearts; @Apik vans; @Kung Fu Dugong; @Rero; @Tejas; @Kunal mehta; @Jordeaux; @BigBadWolf; @Friend A; @Luna the best ship; @This-Dude-from-Germany; @Putu; @stala_dynar; @Fist_of_Love; @1neboss;

merry_go_round, kom5, Sorous and 52 others like this.
  2. Rohan

Rohan

Bounty Points:
  3. Luna <3

Luna <3

Bounty Points:
    Loved reading it :)
    Good work Artur :yaaa:
    Can't wait for the Lurking legend Buggy to show up and save the alliance :catblush:

4. stala_dynar

stala_dynar Aiming to be my favorite OCs girlfriend Wanted Big Mom Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the summary! It's perfect for remembering all the plots that are coming together in this arc!

5. Pritam

Pritam

Bounty Points:
    Really good work..You explained everything about wano in a summarized manner.
    Its also good to know some real life references.
    I think there is minor misunderstanding.. Oden is son of Shogun Sukiyaki,not a grandson.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  6. Tako

Tako

Bounty Points:
    Excellent as always.

I still haven't seen any comparison for the old Shoguns and clans in the Edo era of Japan as the clan names and historical events which involved them could shed some insight into the events yet to occur in Wano.

7. Artur

Artur

Bounty Points:
    Oh yes, my bad. I got it confused with Momonosuke being his grandson

8. Rero

Rero

Bounty Points:
    A great way to fill this week without the chapter!!
    Good Job as always!!

9. Sanzen

Sanzen

Bounty Points:
    So many amazing information about One Piece.Always love reading them!!!

10. Telvin123

Telvin123

Bounty Points:
    Where was it confirmed that Oda said that he was keeping what happened to Jinbe a mystery? Because I've also seen people here and there on Reddit referring to an interview that states that it has to do with Jinbe's appearance being altered. Except apparently translators claim that that interview Oda never mentioned Jinbe at all.

11. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Bounty Points:
    I wonder if Onigashima is actually a giant ship, like Thriller Bark :camthinking:

Anyway, awesome work as always Arthur

12. djiayebee

djiayebee

Bounty Points:
    Amazing read, great job as always Artur!

Regarding the Mink mole, don't you think it's likely to be the cat mink from Hawkins crew? Back in the Zou arc we didnt know Hawkins decided to work under Kaidou.

13. Telvin123

Telvin123

Bounty Points:
    Wouldn't explain how the Beast Pirates knew that Raizo was there though. As far as I can remember, Faust was never at Zou during the arc.

14. djiayebee

djiayebee

Bounty Points:
    In chapter 920, Kinemon explained how the Beast pirates were pursuing them when they tried to leave Wano and Raizou was separated and said to meet at Zou... We have seen Batman can hear from long distance so maybe that's why?

15. Telvin123

Telvin123

Bounty Points:
    Nah, it would never be something so underwhelming IMO. We don't even know if Raizou's name was uttered. Also that wouldn't mean anything for the theory of Faust being the traitor, because he wasn't at Zou, so you couldn't use his Vivre Card to locate Zou.

16. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu

Bounty Points:
    i thought that reverie already over the moment Luffy set foot in Wano .... :hmmm:

17. Pritam

Pritam

Bounty Points:
    When raid on Zou happened Hawkins wasn't the Beast Pirate headliner..On the 6th day of battle,we were shown the curly hats were on the Zou. And that same day Kaido appeared on Kid's Island, If Faust is really a traitor mink,then Hawkins was already beast pirate.I guess.

18. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    Here’s a few little details I picked up for anyone interested

It was daylight when Luffy got beaten in Kuri. It was also daylight when Luffy arrived in Udon.

Assuming he was dragged off to Udon almost immediately after getting beaten, that means the Journey from Kuri to Udon took a minimum of 12 hours on horseback which is about 60 km minimum.

If the mountains(with the factories) in the background of Kuri are part of Udon then that means Udon and Kuri are bordering one another and it still takes 12 hours to make that trip.

There’s also the fact that the news articles that reported Luffy’s defeat were printed and distributed while it’s still daylight on the same day therefore it shows it was still very early in the day when this fight began so it could be as much as 15 hours later when Luffy reaches Udon.

Also Zoro is arriving in the Flower capital on the same day as Luffy got beaten and the news had spread so the Flower Capital is much closer to Kuri which is signified by;
    - Zoro easily wandering into Kuri in the first place.
    - Bakura district being the homestead of Government officials meaning the place where Zoro was told to perform Seppuku in the Capital was the office of these Government Officials and so Bakura district can’t be far away from the Capital.
    - The ridiculously sloped Volcano in the background of the Flower Capital is also in relatively the same position in the background of Kuri but only a bit closer.

TL;DR. Distance-wise: Kuri to Udon >>>> Kuri to Capital

19. Pritam

Pritam

Bounty Points:
    You're missing some points.
    1. Luffy was probably taken to the infirmary first . And after he is awake he was brought to prison. We don't know where he was treated. And how much time was lost.
    2. When we see Zoro going lost on the dog, we can see factories in the background which has same design for Udon.
    So It's safe to assume he crossed Udon factories to go towards the Flower capital.

20. Putu

Putu

Bounty Points:
    Arranged beautifully, I love the way you describe, all information was indeed amazing.
    The Raids of Sulong what the most I likes, I'm waiting that too, would love to watch Nekomamushi & Inuarashi in that form :3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice