Chapter Secrets #137 - Chapter 937 (in-depth analysis)

Discussion in 'One Piece Reviews, Articles & Analysis' started by Artur, Mar 21, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Bushido

Mr. Bushido

Bounty Points:
    So you believe Kamazou and Denjirou are the same person, eh?

If that's the case, then it makes what Zoro did all the more impressive.

Zoro defeating Denjirou while being nerfed by only having 2 swords (missing his strongest sword too) and with Gyukimaru making it a pseudo 2 vs. 1 fight....

Most impressive Zorojuro.

Artur likes this.
  2. rainbowteinkle

rainbowteinkle

Bounty Points:
    Either the fight isn't over yet or that isn't actually Denjirou. Or maybe zoro actually has become really strong during the time skip to level of being able to one shotting a jack level opponent

3. God_Maggi

God_Maggi

Bounty Points:
    Thanks Artur

Artur likes this.
  4. Monkey D. Harambe

Monkey D. Harambe

Bounty Points:
    I think it's just the shadow effect combined with dark screentone. Oda really likes to make Zoro look like a demon in his fights. Or at least that's how it looks like to me.

Bajak Laut Tidur likes this.
  5. LesPaul

LesPaul

Bounty Points:
    Artur, great work as always. Thank y0u for your analysis!

Artur likes this.
  6. Ka1do

Ka1do

Bounty Points:
    @Artur look at this! u are usually the guy who spot stuff like this but do u think this is just a coincidence?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Artur and A-Shihi like this.
  7. Artur

Artur Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    Pretty confident it's just shading, especially since the teeth/scythe stick are purely white

8. thodoris5321

thodoris5321

Bounty Points:
    We've seen again haki with white teeth. My bet is on shading too but i'm confused by the last pic showing white neck and black face.

9. Artur

Artur Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    Mentioned it above:
    It has me torn. On one hand it could hint at her being familiar with the term. On the other hand it could really just be a basic surprise and Oda is hinting at nothing. Just like you said, it's hard to say, I feel it could really be any of the two
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 25, 2019 ---
    The way it's said is that Kamazou does not know the woman is Komurasaki (might not have seen her directly or something), as he said he was only after O-Toko for humiliating the shogun. Aside from that, he legitimately didn't know who Komurasaki was and why she was defending O-Toko
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2019 ---
    I'd say so, mostly on the way the climax is shown and that Kamazou's own scythe is shattered by Zoro's slice. This scene is a very "Zoro finished his opponent off" sort of Oda moment. I don't think this means Kamazou's dead or incapable to fight or anything, just that the battle won't go much beyond this. Oda hasn't been showing many of these mini battles anyways, like with Sanji and Page One.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2019 ---
    Could be an intentional nod to that chapter, good point! Really fits with O-Lin being in her younger persona/mental state/whatever

YoungCoby, thodoris5321 and Kosh like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice