Chapter Secrets #133 - Chapter 933 (in-depth analysis)

Discussion in 'One Piece Reviews, Articles & Analysis' started by Artur, Feb 16, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Artur

Artur

Bounty Points:
    I’ve been loving the chapters for the past few weeks: with a focus on the scene of the banquet as well as all the little inspirations from Japanese culture, it’s been a pleasure to analyze them! I hope you enjoy these analysis just as much!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Glenn Baskerville; @Sabo D. Roger; @Panda; @luffydzoro; @ardym; @sonnua; @Ranjit; @Mugi.D.Wara86; @Archezz Zean Sheryoku Ezz; @jAms; @chemical D yunk; @Jai Jana; @D Sanji; @4xdblack; @Fushicho Maruko; @Mr. Prince; @K.A.I.D.O; @CooIStuff; @Ariff; @poutanko; @Munshi; @Pirate D. Hunter; @Doctor Room; @JAGU; @Monkey D. Daz; @Micchan; @Supreme Master; @JewDoo; @Steamsteam; @tetux; @El-pachinko; @Blazen91; @Yirica; @mettalica.D.symon; @Yasopp; @shizu; @minions; @Red gunner; @Damy; @Donquixote D. Bastardo; @Irontwigg; @djiayebee; @Blade4693; @Rushi_05; @ZoroSenpai; @Haoshoku; @Tv-crimes; @GolD. Ace; @Marshall D. Usopp; @Kodomo; @わたしはかみなりだ; @Dreine; @KuroKaze; @Diavolo; @Mugiwara20; @Zazhi; @Rawbin; @Kiejiro; @Luffys Scars; @PeanutButterJely; @TheMightyAfroPhoenix; @Vector Sigma; @Tear; @laconicstrawhat; @GatlingRedHawk; @StrawKid; @CaptainSeneros; @inactive; @cdkhalid; @Joy_Boy; @Troyofyort; @NIGHTMARE LUFFY; @nemocard; @namiitoitonomi.; @danielord; @Gato; @NovaBounty; @sam1oq; @Nitwit; @Moko; @Ban Midou; @Liekkii; @Gol D. Nick; @KingDoji; @Veritas; @PinoBlack: @Plex; @edogama; @Alastor; @Joestar; @Manga Theory Dealer; @God_Ussopcomeouttongued; @Kyro Kakugi; @Suda; @Something; @Meicoomon; @Crooc; @Josh; @THE DUDE; @silverfang; @Mat D Bizzo; @East; @Monkey D. Bone; @Hyakuachi; @Holy Earlobes of GOD!!; @rainbowteinkle; @Rimshaker; @zoro the beast; @Captain Of The Fifth Ship; @Kaitou D. Kid; @Defend; @Thabeast; @Dave; @Karo; @Baba; @TYPO; @Buchaj; @Jarex; @Shadowlogia; @Saikō no Kenshi; @Bellisario Faith; @Mr. Tiddles; @Zero Zero No Mi; @MONET; @Monkey D family; @Don Sanjino; @Mirai; @Mikawksenpai; @prodigal D son; @Raycont; @Black_Lelouch; @Zainab_28; @Aru; @Monkey D Junior; @RogerSir!; @Darkane; @Jakubi; @PsychedelicDuckInNewWorld; @Raftie; @Adimas; @Chalupathemonkey; @bronion; @Serthhi; @MidnightKingZX; @BaderYyo; @Crazyjack; @RulZ; @Cpt.; @aaronash; @lemat; @Rinka_san; @Ebisu; @Qasid Aleem; @trush; @JustinF; @CP0; @The Cat Burglar; @Kuroh; @Trafalgar Deez nuts; @Starlord; @Highraider; @Torking; @Rinka_san; @Notorious Game; @Jon D. Eric; @Mugiwara no Luffy; @Regmius D Swid; @Kyutie Mo; @Josuke; @pking; @Blue gear; @Captain Abram; @new recruit; @Tope Topetot; @MonkeyDVaxen; @Vince; @yond; @Bartolomeo D. Barrier; @Kizaru D. Drake; @_Kaneki; @Tks007; @JHaki; @A$CE; @Vinsmoke Mihawk; @Iceage Zoro; @Greenteck; @Beli Rich; @L.Lawliet; @Takanome1994; @maxiko; @Telvin123; @Vegeta; @Franz Angelo; @271 others; @OOsef; @Dazai; @Monkey D. Zoro D. luffy; @Akagami no Shanx; @Ace23; @The_Monster_Trio; @RedDragonStrike; @Red D. Shanks; @DizzyBrows; @Luffy D Dragon; @BlackLegEd; @Nomijuro; @Screamouts; @DaniCaridwen; @.JollyRoger.; @LogicoftheVI; @kronika; @Dovah; @Trafalgar D. Water Soul; @Super star; @Cys; @Gumshoe; @korona; @dizzy2341; @mugiwara000; @Larsi; @Xerveltal; @nicolaw_h; @Houred; @Ferdix; @D. Shanks; @Scolines; @Aibo_in_Raftel; @BeBaD; @99cent Hitman; @Warlordgab; @BOCCHI; @uhraman; @Medyahya; @Cyrenz98; @Treacle; @Shanks1994; @God_Usopun; @Sangii; @tyranno; @SmokedOut; @Midnight Milk; @Pirate King 786; @Moey Krimz; @Ziosa; @Den_Den_Mushi; @Garcia; @ZORO_D_SANTORYU; @merry_go_round; @akame; @The_Evil_Cactus; @traffy_kun; @Orihime; @Tiago; @Abiz; @Handsome; @BOCCHI; @Electric Blue Killua; @Topi Jerami; @The Deity; @Syrti; @Spoiler Alert; @Gray D. Thomas; @Kdbbdk; @cardboard_douchebag; @Coquet; @Nessos; @Kaoru; @Dr_Ali; @ronoroa D luffy; @Rawahi; @Defiant to D end; @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor; @greenbeard; @Echi; @Rohan; @Gyusa Akahi; @Ash D.Dragon; @Markorus; @Salah Eddine Bouhank; @Portgas D. Shadow; @Veljko; @mugiwalaw; @Monkey D. Harambe; @Hisoka_05; @Rej Discussions; @Jesse Pinkman; @Kozuki Oden; @Trafalgar Rao; @X Drake; @Waindo; @Mr Scott; @Montblanc D. Usopp; @Vinsm0ke Niji; @LuffyForeverFan; @Zenos7; @Johnny B. Decent; @Nomi Nomi no Mi; @Andrewww; @Izzan Zikry; @trafalgardwaterlawwoman; @Bhargav; @Dragomir; @Wajay; @kom5; @Cinera; @muhaswin; @MeO; @King of Hearts; @Apik vans; @Kung Fu Dugong; @Rero; @Tejas; @Kunal mehta; @Jordeaux; @BigBadWolf; @Friend A; @Luna the best ship; @This-Dude-from-Germany; @Putu; @stala_dynar; @Fist_of_Love; @1neboss; @Tako; @Sanji_; @ZORO D ASHURA; @Dabitdavo;

LesPaul, Sorous, Kuroh and 55 others like this.
  2. Dabit

Dabit Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Awesome! great work!

Also please edit @Dabitdavo tag to @Dabit

Artur and Arara like this.
  3. Arara

Arara

Bounty Points:
    Great analysis @Artur, Especially Daikoku, Raijin and Fujin. Good job!

Luna <3 and Artur like this.
  4. kiiro94

kiiro94

Bounty Points:
    I like that theory though.

5. Veljko

Veljko

Bounty Points:
    Great work as always,
    Several chapthers more and we probably gonna start see final showdown :)

Artur likes this.
  6. ZORO_D_SANTORYU

ZORO_D_SANTORYU

Bounty Points:
    Great work!!! I like the theory at the end..

Artur likes this.
  7. tyranno

tyranno

Bounty Points:
    @Flower

Your theory is starting to grow in others' mind it seems.

Flower and Tako like this.
  8. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    I think we just have to face the fact that Oda made one of the strongest characters/pirates in the series into a fool just for the sake of plot. Otherwise with both her and Kaido going all out in Wano no one would survive and the Strawhats would not win.

Your idea while interesting, just doesn't fit. Would make Big Mum's character even worse than she's been portrayed.

Anyway, thanks for your hardwork as always.

Artur likes this.
  9. Tako

Tako

Bounty Points:
    Great analysis as always although I would prefer it if you would just stick to the facts and save any theories for the appropriate area of the forum.

I'm not saying you're wrong (I actually love the theory of Mother Caramel's soul messing with Linlin's personality) but I admire your work precisely because it lacks personal opinions (well... more than any others anyway).

djiayebee likes this.
  10. RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths

RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths

Bounty Points:
    Regarding your BM theory...i had the exact same theory since chapter 931 and i stand by that theory until proven wrong...My gut feeling tells me that next chapter we will have a massive plot twist pertaining to BM that will turn everything we thought about her character to its head and give BM's character arc an entirely new meaning..Oda has been giving hints throughout the story that something doesnt fit with Big Mom's character, from the get-go...Most people established their impression on Big Mom when she was first introduced in Fishman Island...A fierce and cunning pirate that is feared by everyone...Of course that image still stands from the world's perspective but imo the thing that Oda has been trying to make us understand from the start and that we are unfortunately overlooking is that she is not what she seems at all..Even all the way back in Thriller Bark, the first time Big Mom was mentioned, Oda intentionally gave us the impression, through Lola's comment, that BM is presumably a good and/or trustworthy person...Going through Fishman island and the first part of Whole cake island, we see the actual Big Mom with our own eyes, and the image doesnt match Lola's description in the slighest...Morover, Big Mom says that she hates Lola for not fulfilling her request to marry Loki and ruining her serlfish schemes...lets assume that her words are true and this is an accyrate indication of BMs mindset... Ask yorself this...Why would Oda make Lola say so confidently that BM is a good person, even after being exciled from Totland and being perceived as a traitor from her family, if it wasnt true? ( not saying that everything we have seen from Big Mom is a lie)...
    Another weird element to Big Mom's character that doesnt fit is her way of operations...She dreams of creating an utopian world free of racism and discrimination (a very unrealistic but mainly innocent ambition only a child would have) but the way she approaches things to achieve that goal completely contradicts her pure and altruistic intentions...By going throught her flashback we are yet again witnessing another side to Big Mom more fitting to Lola's description...A very kind and pure of heart child that only wishes to have a family, make friends and be helpful to others...Regardless of her mental issues and abnormal physical capacity, her naivete and incapability to differenciate between good from bad, right and wrong, (reasons that make people around her fear and hate her), she is far from evil...when you think about it, it is quite the jump for her character to start off as a sweet girl only to end up as a backstabbing, manipulative, selfish person with no empathy even for her own family, (with no strong context as to why she ended up like that...only because of Streussen's influence and the stigma of Mother Carmel abandoning her (from her point of view))...This is were your theory is key...So lets take this theory at face value and assume that Big Mom is in some way, shape or form is connected to Mother Carmel via the Soru soru no mi , which results in her having a split personality...Lets also assume that this is a crucial element to Big Mom's character arc as whole, moving forward towards Elbaf...What evidence do we have to prove that all of this will be revealed in Wano, right now...I believe Oda has given us a few but crucial hints in the last few chapters, directly through the story but also indirectly...First of all, as you pointed out in your theory, the weirdest and most vague part of this outcome is the circumstances by which it was initiated...as far as we can gauge from the context of the story, Big Mom fell into the ocean and as a result lost her memory...From the community's perspective, this is a very controversial development, by nature...yet, why is it that Oda refrains from explaining the reason she lost her memories even after two whole chapters...Another thing that is unnatural (but intentional imo) is his decision to show Big Mom only in a negative light...We all expected and hated the fact that Big mom will become an ally and massive plot device at that...but Oda, instead of calming the raging fnadom with giving as a plausible explanation and a moment of character development for BM (the only positive outcome in the eyes of the fans) i stead he only adds more fuel to the fire...and in the most blatantly trollish way possible...a blink and a thumbs up?...if that is not sarcasm to the utmost degree, i dont know what is...Those are the indirect reasons as to why i believe Oda is building up to something massive and unexpected...Lets move to the actual in-story evidence...

The functionality of the homies after the memory loss...Zeus seems totally unfazed by the fact that Big Mom lost her memories while Napoleon seems to be out of it, unable to sustain cosciousness...As far as we know the special homies serving under Big Mom are deeply connected to her soul...its also quite obvious that the homies borrow traits from her personality...by that logic, Zeus would represent BMs childish and innocent personality that is easily persuadable and helpful towards others...Prometheus represents her gluttonous, all consuming nature, her berserker stage, which is the result of her eating disorder...Napoleon represents both her reasonable and manipulative/sadistic nature, which is very similar to Mother Carmel's personality, if i may add...coincidentaly, Napoleon is the one homie that has suffered the most after the memory loss, while Zeus, who represents the true big Mom which has resurfaced now, is in top condition...We can easily come to the conclusion, based on these hints, that Napoleon is connected to Mother Carmel's soul and that after sinking, that very soul was expelled from Big Mom's body...remember, the only homie with Big Mom at the time of her falling into the water was Napoleon, no one else...what are your thoughts on that?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    RedDragonStrike likes this.
  11. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    Yep. I remember people calling this theory crazy back then. How that changed :).

tyranno likes this.
  12. Hisoka_05

Hisoka_05

Bounty Points:
    great work as always :)
    thanks for the tag ^^

13. RabbidRabbit

RabbidRabbit

Bounty Points:
    I don't really believe in the possession theory because she was still pretty much the same nice girl when she first met Streusen. Also she ate everyone, not just Mother Caramel, so why would she absorb her soul specifically? Not to mention explaining this in the manga would require going into detail about the whole incident, and I'm not sure that's viable.

14. Echi

Echi Wanted! Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    BM will revert back to her selfish side because Katakuri confirmed that Luffy will defeat BM someday. But for now they will use her (like I predicted) against Kaido, but after a while she will remember everything and then continue hunt Luffy's head.

15. This-Dude-from-Germany

This-Dude-from-Germany

Bounty Points:
    I had the exact same thoughts on Linlin's memory loss...:eek:

16. Fushicho Maruko

Fushicho Maruko

Bounty Points:
    Great work as usual. keep it up man (Y)

17. Kibi D. Ango

Kibi D. Ango Big Mom Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Love the theory

18. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    In a way, the first homie Linlin ever created was...herself, or rather the gestalt figure of"Big Mom," by unintentionally sealing Carmel's soul within her very body. They've both consumed each other in a manner of speaking, unable to be free of one another.

All Big Mom goofiness aside, it's actually pretty fascinating/horrifying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice