Chapter Secrets #129 - Chapter 929 (in-depth analysis)

Discussion in 'One Piece Reviews, Articles & Analysis' started by Artur, Dec 31, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Artur

Artur Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    We got a bit of a weird release for the chapter this week, but since it’s my duty, here I am to analyze it! This chapter is insanely packed with a lot of details, so let’s get started!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Unfortunately, due to Jump going on break, next chapter should only come out by the 18th of January. With that said, be sure to check the Library in the upcoming weeks, as I’ll be posting some content to keep you entertained until the next chapter!

[​IMG]

@Glenn Baskerville; @Sabo D. Roger; @Panda; @luffydzoro; @ardym; @sonnua; @Ranjit; @Mugi.D.Wara86; @Archezz Zean Sheryoku Ezz; @jAms; @chemical D yunk; @Jai Jana; @D Sanji; @4xdblack; @Fushicho Maruko; @Mr. Prince; @K.A.I.D.O; @CooIStuff; @Ariff; @poutanko; @Munshi; @Pirate D. Hunter; @Doctor Room; @JAGU; @Monkey D. Daz; @Micchan; @Supreme Master; @JewDoo; @Steamsteam; @tetux; @El-pachinko; @Blazen91; @Yirica; @mettalica.D.symon; @Yasopp; @shizu; @minions; @Red gunner; @Damy; @Donquixote D. Bastardo; @Irontwigg; @djiayebee; @Blade4693; @Rushi_05; @ZoroSenpai; @Haoshoku; @Tv-crimes; @GolD. Ace; @Marshall D. Usopp; @Kodomo; @わたしはかみなりだ; @Dreine; @KuroKaze; @Diavolo; @Mugiwara20; @Zazhi; @Rawbin; @Kiejiro; @Luffys Scars; @PeanutButterJely; @TheMightyAfroPhoenix; @Vector Sigma; @Tear; @laconicstrawhat; @GatlingRedHawk; @StrawKid; @CaptainSeneros; @inactive; @cdkhalid; @Joy_Boy; @Troyofyort; @NIGHTMARE LUFFY; @nemocard; @namiitoitonomi.; @danielord; @Gato; @NovaBounty; @sam1oq; @Nitwit; @Moko; @Ban Midou; @Liekkii; @Gol D. Nick; @KingDoji; @Veritas; @PinoBlack: @Plex; @edogama; @Alastor; @Joestar; @Manga Theory Dealer; @God_Ussopcomeouttongued; @Kyro Kakugi; @Suda; @Something; @Meicoomon; @Crooc; @Josh; @THE DUDE; @silverfang; @Mat D Bizzo; @East; @Monkey D. Bone; @Hyakuachi; @Holy Earlobes of GOD!!; @rainbowteinkle; @Rimshaker; @zoro the beast; @Captain Of The Fifth Ship; @Kaitou D. Kid; @Defend; @Thabeast; @Dave; @Karo; @Baba; @TYPO; @Buchaj; @Jarex; @Shadowlogia; @Saikō no Kenshi; @Bellisario Faith; @Mr. Tiddles; @Zero Zero No Mi; @MONET; @Monkey D family; @Don Sanjino; @Mirai; @Mikawksenpai; @prodigal D son; @Raycont; @Black_Lelouch; @Zainab_28; @Aru; @Monkey D Junior; @RogerSir!; @Darkane; @Jakubi; @PsychedelicDuckInNewWorld; @Raftie; @Adimas; @Chalupathemonkey; @bronion; @Serthhi; @MidnightKingZX; @BaderYyo; @Crazyjack; @RulZ; @Cpt.; @aaronash; @lemat; @Rinka_san; @Ebisu; @Qasid Aleem; @trush; @JustinF; @CP0; @The Cat Burglar; @Kuroh; @Trafalgar Deez nuts; @Starlord; @Highraider; @Torking; @Rinka_san; @Notorious Game; @Jon D. Eric; @Mugiwara no Luffy; @Regmius D Swid; @Kyutie Mo; @Josuke; @pking; @Blue gear; @Captain Abram; @new recruit; @Tope Topetot; @MonkeyDVaxen; @Vince; @yond; @Bartolomeo D. Barrier; @Kizaru D. Drake; @_Kaneki; @Tks007; @JHaki; @A$CE; @Vinsmoke Mihawk; @Iceage Zoro; @Greenteck; @Beli Rich; @L.Lawliet; @Takanome1994; @maxiko; @Telvin123; @Vegeta; @Franz Angelo; @271 others; @OOsef; @Dazai; @Monkey D. Zoro D. luffy; @Akagami no Shanx; @Ace23; @The_Monster_Trio; @RedDragonStrike; @Red D. Shanks; @DizzyBrows; @Luffy D Dragon; @BlackLegEd; @Nomijuro; @Screamouts; @DaniCaridwen; @.JollyRoger.; @LogicoftheVI; @kronika; @Dovah; @Trafalgar D. Water Soul; @Super star; @Cys; @Gumshoe; @korona; @dizzy2341; @mugiwara000; @Larsi; @Xerveltal; @nicolaw_h; @Houred; @Ferdix; @D. Shanks; @Scolines; @Aibo_in_Raftel; @BeBaD; @99cent Hitman; @Warlordgab; @BOCCHI; @uhraman; @Medyahya; @Cyrenz98; @Treacle; @Shanks1994; @God_Usopun; @Sangii; @tyranno; @SmokedOut; @Midnight Milk; @Pirate King 786; @Moey Krimz; @Ziosa; @Den_Den_Mushi; @Garcia; @ZORO_D_SANTORYU; @merry_go_round; @akame; @The_Evil_Cactus; @traffy_kun; @Orihime; @Tiago; @Abiz; @Handsome; @BOCCHI; @Electric Blue Killua; @Topi Jerami; @The Deity; @Syrti; @Spoiler Alert; @Gray D. Thomas; @Kdbbdk; @cardboard_douchebag; @Coquet; @Nessos; @Kaoru; @Dr_Ali; @ronoroa D luffy; @Rawahi; @Defiant to D end; @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor; @greenbeard; @Echi; @Rohan; @Gyusa Akahi; @Ash D.Dragon; @Markorus; @Salah Eddine Bouhank; @Portgas D. Shadow; @Veljko; @mugiwalaw; @Monkey D. Harambe; @Hisoka_05; @Rej Discussions; @Jesse Pinkman; @Kozuki Oden; @Trafalgar Rao; @X Drake; @Waindo; @Mr Scott; @Montblanc D. Usopp; @Vinsm0ke Niji; @LuffyForeverFan; @Zenos7; @Johnny B. Decent; @Nomi Nomi no Mi; @Andrewww; @Izzan Zikry; @trafalgardwaterlawwoman; @Bhargav; @Dragomir; @Wajay; @kom5; @Cinera; @muhaswin; @MeO; @King of Hearts; @Apik vans; @Kung Fu Dugong; @Rero; @Tejas; @Kunal mehta; @Jordeaux; @BigBadWolf; @Friend A; @Luna the best ship; @This-Dude-from-Germany; @Putu; @stala_dynar; @Fist_of_Love; @1neboss; @Tako; @Sanji_; @ZORO D ASHURA; @Dabitdavo;

2. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    Interesting chapter to be sure. Appreciate you getting this out real quick. Hopefully these guys aren't complete pushovers like everyone else has been. I'm expecting quite a bit from X-Drake. Would like to see this Page One be really powerful too.

As for Orochi, i was already expecting something like this. It's Oda. This is what he does. Though i do wonder if he's actually quite powerful, that will be the kicker. While he seems like he's hiding behind Kaido, he might be powerful in his own right... who knows. Though i'm starting to doubt this.

Makes you think with all the forces they're going to have that it's kinda overkill, lol.

3. BOCCHI

BOCCHI

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the hard work mate, but is it or is the last pic is unclear when it's zoomed in...

Dabit likes this.
  4. Warlordgab

Warlordgab

Bounty Points:
    Ok, I feel like I'm missing something here with Jinbe :lol:

A little detail about the ninja's cloning technique or jutsu. According to historical sources, it was a visual distraction used by real-life ninjas. But instead of creating duplicates, they either prepared dummies with their clothes to mislead enemies and escape, or wore identical outfits during infiltration missions. This last method would overwhelm inexperienced soldiers, confuse any potential witness, and make it difficult for the enemy to determine how many ninjas they were dealing with. Current media turned this into literally creating "clones" of yourself

I was surprised at Orochi's design as well. And I'm also wondering what kind of war is the WG preparing for... I mean, you have a good point, as one could wonder why people who pretty much own 90% of the world can't get weapons through more legal ways

Given the description you gave us from "Page One," I feel like I played a similar game but I can't remember right now

BTW, I love how you provided a the comparison of sizes for the dinosaurs. That was a nice touch. Overall, I loved this analysis :>

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Artur, herasux, Luna <3 and 3 others like this.
  5. Cpt.

Cpt.

Bounty Points:
    Hmm so Page One is a card game after all? Weird not many I haven’t heard of.

Dabit likes this.
  6. Wajay

Wajay

Bounty Points:
    Is it apoo in the banquet with orochi and his crew?

7. djiayebee

djiayebee

Bounty Points:
    Great analysis as always ! Thanks!

I wonder though if Hawkins really belongs to the 6 strongest fighters? he wasn't introduced as such, so that would be a bit weird IMO if suddenly "oh by the way he is one of them too"... Anyway considering how strong he is, the hype for them is crazy!
    And about each calamity controlling 2 of them, that's a nice idea! or maybe 3-2-1 by King-Queen-Jack to show the difference in hierarchy? but it would be probably too much of a gap

Artur likes this.
  8. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar The Villain Wanted

Bounty Points:
    @Artur would want to add Jack being in the bottom corner too in the final panel

9. Tako

Tako

Bounty Points:
    I'm curious about Kanjuuru's fish. Is it just fish in general or is it a specific fish type? I ask because the translator for mangastream chose "bream" which isn't native to Japan. I guess the mangastream translator meant "panfish"? Just a small curiosity I noticed. :)

Artur likes this.
  10. Hisoka_05

Hisoka_05

Bounty Points:
    Great work as always

Artur likes this.
  11. Eduan

Eduan

Bounty Points:
    Unbelievable the work you keep doing. Thanks a lot!

Artur likes this.
  12. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    Good work ma man

Artur likes this.
  13. SmokedOut

SmokedOut

Bounty Points:
    Thanks as always and have a Happy New Year

Artur likes this.
  14. Bajak Laut Tidur

Bajak Laut Tidur

Bounty Points:
    Thank you @Artur for your good work, as always.

Ahaha, seems Jinbe always success to hide himself from your radar. Try harder in next chance mate.

tyranno and Artur like this.
  15. King of Hearts

King of Hearts

Bounty Points:
    It's basically Uno! if you've ever heard of that one.

tyranno, Tako and Cpt. like this.
  16. Cpt.

Cpt.

Bounty Points:
    Oh? Yeah I know Uno lol

17. herasux

herasux

Bounty Points:
    Great analysis as always, Arthur!!

Raistlin and Artur like this.
  18. Monkey D. Harambe

Monkey D. Harambe

Bounty Points:
    It isn't if you will click the photo and it will open on a new tab. Or at least that's what happens on mobile lol.

BOCCHI likes this.
  19. Artur

Artur Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    Interesting tidbit about the ninjas! The myth of cloning kinda became fantasized as "they move so quick they leave afterimages", but having an original source like that makes a lot more sense!

Also, the game you're thinking is probably Uno, they're basically the same concept :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 1, 2019 ---
    I thought about that, but many facial features are off, even excluding the hair and all.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2019 ---
    I was thinking that, he looks incredibly similar, but the thinner figure and most importantly the lack of tusks/horns makes me think it's not him

Warlordgab and Luna <3 like this.
  20. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar The Villain Wanted

Bounty Points:
    it does look like him but he looks like some distance behind as it his territory that he overlooks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice