Chapter Secrets #128 - Chapter 928 (in-depth analysis)

Discussion in 'One Piece Reviews, Articles & Analysis' started by Artur, Dec 20, 2018.

Share This Page

1. stala_dynar

stala_dynar last night was a mess

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the analysis and information!

Though I have to say that I can't necessarily agree with the Kyoshirou thing. For me at least his arm looks like he's just put it into the kinomo. I think I think I've seen that in cases with Kinomos already throughout different mangas and I think also with Zoro (when they ride the komainu)? It's like putting the arm into a resting position I don't know.

Edit: okay no that with Zoro was slightly different but I've seen it before though...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Artur, Luna <3 and djiayebee like this.
  2. Monkey D. Harambe

Monkey D. Harambe

Bounty Points:
    Lol at the santa hat on Sanji's cig.

Thanks for the hard work as always, and enjoy the holiday mate!

Artur likes this.
  3. Veljko

Veljko

Bounty Points:
    These Hats :)
    Nice Work :)

Artur likes this.
  4. rel

rel

Bounty Points:
    great job on the analysis! I think Joy Boy said it in a video and this chapter makes this idea sound even better, Hyou could be momo's grandfather and O-Toki's father. If Komurasaki is Hiyori it might relate to her personality we learned about, as she might try to pay Orochi to release Hyou, her grandfather, from prison.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 21, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 21, 2018 ---
    not Toki's father for sure! (forgot about the time jump thing) but might be Oden's right-hand man or someone else close to the Kozuki clan.

Artur likes this.
  5. Kuroh

Kuroh

Bounty Points:
    I loved the little Christmas hats :D

Great observations like always! While for now it is kinda 'clear' that Komurasaki is Momo's sister but Oda could completely trick us into believing that haha. I can totally imagine Momo's sister being someone else and Oda secretly laughing at us because we all fell for his trick haha

Artur and jazzyjoy92 like this.
  6. Telvin123

Telvin123

Bounty Points:
    I'd say the same thing about Tama too tbh...

jazzyjoy92 likes this.
  7. RabbidRabbit

RabbidRabbit

Bounty Points:
    But if Momo spends the whole arc with her and then it's revealed that she was his sister all along, at least it would be something relevant for him. That sounds like it could be the plot of a movie. If Komurasaki and Momo have separate stories and then she's revealed to be his sister after all is said and done it's like...why does it even matter? What was this plot thread for?

Granted, I'm going off of what we've seen them doing for now. If it's gonna be something like 'Momo brings his sister to the good side', then that would have some meat to it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  8. Telvin123

Telvin123

Bounty Points:
    Well setting aside the fact that it clearly isn't Tama, again, they're both in the same position here. And I'm strictly talking about the reveal. We didn't even know Hiyori existed until a few chapters ago, so the reveal of learning that Tama/Komurasaki is Hiyori is pretty whatever to me. It'll obviously make things interesting regarding the dynamic at the very least, especially in Komurasaki's case due to her age and profession. But regarding the twist on its own merits, where it justifies Oda coming up with Hiyori to begin with... meh.

Tama was already interesting and had stuff going for her, so IMO there was no real need to make her Hiyori on top of that. Whereas Komurasaki is a character we just got introduced to, with Oda on top of that seemingly making it super obvious that it is her in the same chapter, which just undercuts the eventual reveal if it is indeed her.

That said, if Hiyori was another Wano native, it wouldn't be all that much better, but at least it'd be more surprising. Frankly, the only way IMO Oda could really surprise me here (assuming he does genuinely want to surprise us here) is if Hiyori ends up being someone we've already met before this arc even began.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    jazzyjoy92 and djiayebee like this.
  9. Artur

Artur

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, the thing is, Shanks is the only swordsman on his crew who I'd say has enough strength to harm Kid. His other commanders (Lucky Roo, Yasopp, Beckman) don't use swords and I feel Kid would look rather ridiculous if one of Shanks's other men did the deed (inb4 Rockstar low-diffed Kid). I agree on the other question though, I wonder if the scars are from the Sweet Commander or Shanks himself :blobthink:
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 23, 2018 ---
    - The visual indication next to his face suggests that he just woke up, so him having slept with Komurasaki seems to be what's implied (alongside bingou's reaction, where he realizes just how low of a person Komurasaki is)

- Yeah, I'm simply indicating that this is what the chapter implies. This could be a red herring, but it's what Oda wants us to believe at least
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018 ---
    Carrot's vivre card is coming with the Zou pack, which is a few months away from now!

10. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    Well to be fair, we aren't sure when he ran into them. If it was early on in the 2 year time-skip it would make sense. He doesn't specify Shanks did it, just that he lost it during a fight with the Red Hair pirates. Which is still funny to me, implying that they could actually "fight" them, lol.

His scars seems like they're very similar. So i'm assuming from the same person, but could be from all the scuffles he got into. His vivre card info did mention that he got into a lot of trouble in the New World, so it's hard to say.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Artur likes this.
  11. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    I think seeing Momo again probably is going to turn her heart back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice