General & Other Bounty hunters are heavily underrated characters in One Piece.

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by MeAGod, Nov 22, 2016.

Share This Page

1. MeAGod

MeAGod

Bounty Points:
    The only one who we know is both strong and is constantly hunting after powerful devil fruits' users (Can be a civilian who is dumb enough to eat a suspicious-looking bad-taste fruit but we will exclude them for the sake of this discussion) is Blackbeard. I wouldn't call him a bounty hunter but he's a living example of why it's 100% possible for someone who is nearly or equally as strong as him can potentially exist as a bounty hunter although haven't made his/her appearance yet.

So far we have only seen the lower-tier of them like those in Whiskey Peak and the bounty hunter pair who are Zoro's friends.
    (Yes, Zoro was, in fact, a bounty hunter.)

Is it possible that we will get to see their first action soon in the future? What do you guys think?

I mean why would World Government and Marine even put up the bounty in the first place if no one else beside them is going to hunt down the pirates?

Now I don't count the Shichibukai or Weevil. (Off-topic here, I hope that Weevil becomes the best friend forever with Luffy just random thing here. Don't mind too much.)

2. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    It sucks, but bounty hunters are irrelevant now. Oda clearly had a plan laid out for them in the past and probably wanted them to be major players in the story, but plans must have just changed somewhere down the road to the point where he just took them out. If they were to come back now it would be so random.

The reason that they are underrated is because we have had no reason to actually care for any of them in the way that we do for say groups like the pirates or the marines.

NRW22 and Hyakuachi like this.
  3. MyZiad

MyZiad

Bounty Points:
    I think Bounty hunters are now the schibikukai
    since they have contact with the government, blackbeard have had ace in prison and he was affiliated with the government, the most strange thing that's the only big-time pirate that got caught in the series since it started
    I really wanted to see some wars and quarrels between pirates in the newworld.. pirates gets caught..even if off-screened fight it would just make the reader more excited that's the NewWorld is a terrifying sea filled with merciless people

4. Gambia's Grandma

Gambia's Grandma

Bounty Points:
    All Oda needs to do is introduce 1 bounty hunter capable of taking out big time pirates in the new world, like someone Weebles level. If he just does that I would be fine with it cause obviously he wanted to include them but there was just too much.

Another thing to note is the warlords are essentially bounty hunters of other pirates and turn them in to the government for money. So technically the warlords are bounty hunters or a certain type they just happen to be pirates too.

Also lastly bounties also don't just work for bounty hunters but also as insentive for pirates to turn on other pirates. It's a way to turn pirates against each other cause pirates are mostly after gold anyways. If one Yonko killed another Yonkos commander and sent someone to pick up the bounty they would still give it to them,cause if they didn't and tried arresting the pirate turning the bounty in then pirates would have no insentive to kill each other which works in favor of the government

nicolaw_h and Dainolf like this.
  5. Kaloo

Kaloo

Bounty Points:
    I believe we'll get to some strong samurais in wano who're hunting pirates for there bounties.

But it's true that the manga not only lacks strong bounty hunters, but strong character who're neither affiliated to a pirate crew nor to the Marines.

Hyakuachi and nicolaw_h like this.
  6. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    Majority of One piece's top tiers/mid tiers are unknown. Not to mention, there are top tiers who have probably retired as well, and are old like Garp/Rayleigh. And so on.

Example, Marines are policing the entire world.. yet they have shown only 4 top tiers. Logically there are more. However, story restrictions and story being focuse heavily on pirates and in specific the strawhat conflicts.. we get limited information.

Considering the amount of bounties the WG sets.. I assume there are some savage bounty hunters out there able to take down alot of the top dudes.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  7. Yuy D. Kenshin

Yuy D. Kenshin

Bounty Points:
    Remember that we saw a lot of bounty hunters on sabaody archipelago... But it's definitely true that we haven't seen any that are even remotely capable of taking down anyone of reasonable power.

BB does operate as a bounty hunter, but I won't count him. So it's fair to say that Zoro is/was easily the strongest bounty hunter we have seen.

There is also a case for the shichibukais. It is possible that they are supposed to be considered the top tier bounty hunters. I could see Mihawk hunting down any bounty

8. Raiden

Raiden

Bounty Points:
    I agree with the OP. There are certainly some strong individuals roaming the seas that we havent heard of. But the thing is, if Oda wants to implement them into the story and if there's actually time between the remaining Arcs to do so.

Mihawk as a warlord could be an example for it. But he doesnt hunt pirates for the money he gets from a high bounty, rather for the thrill of having a good duel. Or at least searching for one.

MilouKiryuin likes this.
  9. HeroesNZ

HeroesNZ

Bounty Points:
    I find it extremely hard to believe that in this huge world Oda's created there isn't someone reasonably strong out there who's thought about making bank off of these ridiculously high bounties the WG puts out. I mean even fodder like Caribou had 210 Million.

nicolaw_h and Raijin like this.
  10. RobinGloriousBoobs

RobinGloriousBoobs

Bounty Points:
    Isn't The Vinsmokes a pseudo bounty hunter tho? In the end they hunt a certain enemy in exchange for money.
    Tho not exactly the same as bounty hunter, they work in a same way I guess.

nicolaw_h likes this.
  11. X18999

X18999

Bounty Points:
    To be a bounty hunter in the NW that goes after big shot pirates you'll need:
    1. To be strong yourself... around top tier.
    2. Strong allies to deal with your target's allies.
    3. A ship to sail around the New World.

Congratulations... you're a pirate now.

You'd earn more money camping on Saboady taking out scrubs.

12. Pirate king Kid

Pirate king Kid

Bounty Points:
    This is what I've been saying

nicolaw_h likes this.
  13. Shadowlogia

Shadowlogia

Bounty Points:
    It's kind of hard to be a bounty hunter, especially in NW.I do believe some of the strong ones exist, but they're not on the level of the NW top tiers like DD or the commanders.

Given how the story progress now, I doubt they'll make an appearance or at least they won't impact the story too much because we are now already dealing with the Yonko

14. minions

minions

Bounty Points:
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Zoro was a bounty hunter, do you think he´s underated!?

Zoro "the pirate hunter"

15. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I'm pretty sure Fujitora and Ryokugyu were bounty hunters prior to the World Military draft....

Railgun99 likes this.
  16. X18999

X18999

Bounty Points:
    I'm thinking Issou was a soldier for some nation, retired, and then later joined the Marines during the draft.

17. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I don't know, the way him and Akainu talk to eachother is as if they know eachother... Bounty hunters are probably well acquainted with the Marines, considering they are constantly bringing in criminals for bounty.... The way I see it, is that is how Akainu knew about Fujitora and Ryokugyu's strength, prior to them joining...

Railgun99 likes this.
  18. HeroesNZ

HeroesNZ

Bounty Points:
    Weevil shows that you don't need allies and merely having a ship isn't enough to be a Pirate. Zoro was an infamous bounty hunter in East Blue yet had no bounty meaning Bounty Hunting is not illegal (if they were the whole point of bounties becomes redundant), so being a bounty hunter in the NW would not make you a Pirate.

19. X18999

X18999

Bounty Points:
    Weevil is taking out scrubs... and doesn't even seem to be collecting their bounties (A.O. was left lying there).

Bounty hunting isn't illegal but if you going to go as far as gather a crew and ship you might as well become a pirate as it likely to be more profitable. The main problem is it's easier to take out 10 scrubs with 50 million bounties than it is to even find one dude with a 500 Million bounty. Even if you do find such a pirate they're rarely alone and likely have connections that means even if you do defeat them you're on someone's list for doing it.

nicolaw_h likes this.
  20. HeroesNZ

HeroesNZ

Bounty Points:
    Except you'd be a criminal. Or hell hating Pirates could be a reason for someone to become a bounty hunter in the first place. Point is one does not always lead to the other.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice