Future Arcs & Events Bounty hunters arc soon!!

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by BOCCHI, Sep 7, 2016.

Share This Page

1. BOCCHI

BOCCHI

Bounty Points:
    Hi guys, so not sure if this topic has been already discussed before(hopefully not). As we know bounty hunters are shit in OP their repatriation is so bad here, also Oda didn't give us any strong opponents among them and I thought is it possible that Oda is soon going to show real powerful bounty hunters fighting against against Luffy and others? So for me there is probably no good time for them to appear other than between WCI & Wano. Furthermore, many people speculated that we may have a small arc between the two so I believe it will serve two things:
    1- get their reputation some respect.
    2- make the SHs group from WCI more stronger.
    Your thoughts guys?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    JustinF likes this.
  2. Tenken

Tenken

Bounty Points:
    No reason at all to believe they will be relevant.
    I guess maybe one was on DR and then Zoro. Oda doesnt care about them.

3. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Oda probably had plans for them, but then ditched all of them after realizing that it just wasn't good. Can't see an entire arc focused on bounty hunters ever happening.

Raycont likes this.
  4. Tenken

Tenken

Bounty Points:
    Well wasn't Whiskey Peak our Bounty Hunter episode lol.

5. BOCCHI

BOCCHI

Bounty Points:
    I said a small arc so it would be about 10-15 chapters if not less maybe

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  6. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Even then I doubt it. They have been irrelevant for years. Most you could possibly hope for is the anime doing some kind of filler arc with them.

Raycont likes this.
  7. Icecream001

Icecream001

Bounty Points:
    That'll be cool but the shichibukai are kinda that

8. CrushinDefeat

CrushinDefeat

Bounty Points:
    Tbh, if there was ever a time to introduce bounty hunters it should have been done very early into the series..... because its so unbelievable at this point that there are people that want to capture Luffy.... when he's already being chased around by Fujitora in the New World etc.

People like Jean Ango had some hype to them but like, if you want to have a successful bounty hunter you need to do the following:

1. Invest ALOT and I mean ALOT of time building them up
    2. Have them do things that upset you such as capturing friends of the StrawHats for example
    3. Have them appear EVERYWHERE (you want to make this guy feel like a pest, and if they're powerful as fuck it becomes a struggle as there are scenario's that are dangerous)

To be honest ^ These are things that you could have done to have with Smoker and he's not even a bounty hunter.... like this is how you make a bounty hunter interesting..... until the point where they finally get defeated and resolved and the arc ends from the bounty hunters...

Now its almost unbelievable when you have Luffy facing people of bounties of 860,000,000.... like its ridiculously hard to capture people in the New World...........

9. Shanks You

Shanks You

Bounty Points:
    So far, pirates defeated in the new world appear to be at the hands of other pirates. It would be wierd for a bounty hunter to suddenly appear who can match luffy and friends in strength. Like who were they hunting before luffy appeared? Remnants of WB's crew, the supernovas, brownbeard, caribou, etc. There's just so many juicy bounty hunter targets around and why were they not after them during the 2 year timeskip.

Also, if I were to be a strong bounty hunter new world, I would lie in wait in fishman island and collect on all the hopeful supernovas who would all bottleneck there. But no bounty hunters in the fishman island arc.

The only bounty hunters we would see would probably be the fodder variety like whatsername from the Colosseum.

10. ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

Bounty Points:
    Yeah no, Oda will not suddenly make the bounty hunters relevant in the part of the OP world in which the pirates rule absolutely

11. Murcielago

Murcielago

Bounty Points:
    The 1 bln bounty doesn't exist just to show how powerful the owners are. There have to be equivalent bounty hunters that are aimed to capture top tier pirates.

12. Hulk Vinsmoke

Hulk Vinsmoke

Bounty Points:
    I think there are strong bounty hunters out there and some might appear in Wano. But I can't see a whole arc about them.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  13. primo

primo

Bounty Points:
    More like the Revolutionary Arc next

14. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    There is really little reason to have bounty hunters in the New World. I know that we saw that guy on Dressrosa but Bounty Hunters have no need to put their lives at risk hunting terrifying pirates in the New World. They could get plenty of money just hunting weaklings with 100m Beri bounties and if they wanted to capture strong pirates that much why wouldn't they just up and become Marines? The title Bounty Hunter is completely irrelevant in the New World.

15. Bador

Bador

Bounty Points:
    I can imagine that they will introduce one badass bountry hunter, that is actually strong enough to defeat some stronger pirates.
    But a full arc. hmm. Not sure where/when it should fit in.

16. Le-Sanna

Le-Sanna

Bounty Points:
    If there is an arc between WCI and Wano then the Reverie and WCI aftermath are in it. Bounty, whats going on with the RA , Dragom, Vivi and princesses, Shirahoshi, Boa Hancock or Mihawk. Half of the SH are in Wano already and wait for Luffy

17. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    Maybe the Reverie will happen between WCI and Wano so that could be a "smaller" arc for ya. As for Bounty hunters in One Piece....Oda pretty much stopped caring for them it seems. I've always wondered myself why they just disappeared too but hey One Piece is doing just fine without them too.

18. AskinNakkLeVaar

AskinNakkLeVaar

Bounty Points:
    Closest thing to strong bounty hunters imo that we'll ever see are tamago and pekomamushi with their list of everyone with bounties at Fishman island

19. Soviola93

Soviola93

Bounty Points:
    It would be cool but we are too far into the series, we are facing BM now, after her a few bounty hunters would be a ridicuolous threat IMO. It would be just a drag on.

NRW22 likes this.
  20. BOCCHI

BOCCHI

Bounty Points:
    He won't face fodders to say drag it, it helps the purpose of getting Luffy stronger to an extend and give some respect to these guys too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice