1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Blackbeard Cerberus Theory

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Salvatore D. Halym, Jun 9, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salvatore D. Halym

Salvatore D. Halym

Bounty Points:
    Blackbeard Cerberus theory
    As of now, we know that Blackbeard has two Devil Fruits within him, the Yami Yami no Mi and the Gura Gura no Mi.

[​IMG]
    One of the most popular theories about how BB could have multiple Devil Fruits is the Cerberus theory. The idea is that prior to eating either two of the previously mention devil fruits, BB consumed a Zoan type DF, which has an inept ability to allow the user to consume and use the power or two other Devil Fruits, making three in total. A possible name for the could be: Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Cerberus.

[​IMG]
    So if this DF exists the most appropriate type of Zoan for the Cerberus fruit would be the Mythical Zoan type. For one, it is considered to be a rare type of creature and its power is immense.

There are certain instances that support this theory being possible. The Blackbeard Pirates' Jolly Roger, Shanks' wound, and a Cerberus' appearance in the One Piece world already.

Jolly Roger:

The Jolly Roger, or the Pirate Flag, help determine who belong to whose crew. The designs usually reflect the interest of the captain. At other times it may be physical resemblance or the symbols behind them. In some sense, there is a reason or story for every Jolly Roger design.

For some reason, the design of the flag of the Blackbeard Pirates show three (3) skulls side by side. There hasn't been any explicit reasons for this but it might be revealed.

[​IMG]
    Due to this, some think that the flag resembles the skull structure of a Cerberus.

Shanks' Wound:

One other instance that aids the Cerberus claim, it is the wound on the left eye of Shanks. It consists of three diagonal scratch marks.

[​IMG]
    In Chapter 434, Shanks speaks with Whitebeard about Ace and eventually about Blackbeard as well. Shanks tells him that it was Blackbeard that caused the wound.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the fact that a Cerberus has appeared in the series before and was recognized as a Cerberus by the strawhats shows that they do exist in their world, even if only in mythology.

[​IMG]
    What do you think of this theory? Do you support it?
    @FrankyG @Vegeta @Zemmi @

FrankyG and Vegeta like this.
  2. RulZ

RulZ

Bounty Points:
    The wound on Shanks was inflicted with Blackbeard's old weapon, back when he was a part of the WB pirates.
    I don't think he had a DF prior to those two, or it would have been shown already.
    I do believe, however, that he will get another DF, and that it will be a Zoan. Not sure if it will be the Cerberus, but yeah...

3. Vegeta

Vegeta

Bounty Points:
    First of all Nice ordering ! You order the text and the Panels in Persuading way, And i really thank you for that.

Let`s See now:
    Imho, There can`t be a member with a Devil fruit without others knowing ! as we all know when sailing the sea you face many challenges,
    One of them is battles ! in battles Crew-mates may fall into the ocean and you`ll Have to save them! If You don`t Obviously you`ll be questioned ! Without a valid Reason You cannot just get away with it, so it might get known that you ate a Devil Fruit.

I`m Pretty sure that a Cerberus Devil fruit exists ! and agree with you to an extend ! See this:
    In Zoan Type Devil fruits, The user must Have one of those effects, That might not be the case.

But see here :
    https://images1-focus-opensocial.googleuserconten****m/gadgets/proxy?container=focus&gadget=a&no_expand=1&resize_h=0&rewriteMime=image%2F*&url=http%3a%2f%2f2.bp.blogspo****m%2f-4CtGmKe9FIQ%2fVmY7Ywfrp0I%2fAAAAAAAHBjs%2fHmuTp-UGc1M%2fs16000%2f0577-014.jpg&imgmax=30000

FrankyG and Salvatore D. Halym like this.
  4. OzzyAnto

OzzyAnto

Bounty Points:
    This theory has been done like 100 times

5. Icecream001

Icecream001

Bounty Points:
    I was waiting for you to say that, shanks scratch marks represent the Cerberus claws. I mean i guess its implied but.........the theory isn't persuadng me that BB has the dog with three heads fruit already which isnt a bad theory its just people dont persuade me enough that's all brah

FrankyG and Salvatore D. Halym like this.
  6. FrankyG

FrankyG

Bounty Points:
    Sorry for the late response, been busy :(

Yarr :cigar:

Yarrr x2 :D

+ Ceberus is a creature from mythology ;)

Could be ye :yaaa:

The Jolly Roger is indeed intruiging. There are multiple explanations possible for it. 3 Devil fruits could be a good explanation but that does not necesarilly mean that he had a fruit already before getting the darkness fruit. It could also be that he will get 3 fruits in total for example. @L o g i a had a nice idea about BB getting Marco's fruit for example as his third fruit.

A different possibility I have seen as well that some people came up with is that BB's crew had 3 original members. That there were 2 members that were already part of his plans when he started the crew.

The main targets for this idea seem to be Vista from WB's crew and Apollo from Impel Down (who could very well be that mole person that created the level which later housed Ivankov and his Okama's :cigar:

Its possible but Oda could go many ways with that one :cool:

Its possible but my main problem with this is the three marks. A Cerberus has 3 heads but I don't think its claws only has 3 nails :unsure:

I'm not sure whether that prooves anything :unsure:

Let's start with it appearing in the series and also, more important, being recognized. We did not see an actual cerberus but an experiment made by Hogback. It being recognized as an Cerberus is more important, since like you mentioned, that could explain they do exists even if only in mythology.

The two other mythical zoans we saw were the pheonix and the Buddha, i think, and as far as we know these don't really exists within the One Piece world but most likely exist in mythology.

We don't however know whether mythical zoans really exists outside of the DF's in the One Piece World. A good example of this is I think the Kraken which was a mythical creature but turned out to really exist. Somehow I would not find it strange if a pheonix really existed but a buddha seems kind of strange.

Anyway where I want to go with this is that for example, while we talk about Buddha, there have been references to other divine beings like God or the Devil in One Piece. The likelihood of Oda creating similar deities in One Piece seems kind of low this far in the story. That could suggest that there never was a mythical deity, a celestial being, like the buddha in One Piece and that could be the reason why the zoan fruit is considered mythical.

The ancient fruits like Drake's T-Rex could have existed long ago which could further back up that mythical zoan fruit never existed in the first place. Which would give the question how these fruits came into being but thats a complete different topic.

I went a bit on a ramble there but what I wanted to explain was that just because a creature seems mythical does not mean it will end up being a mythical zoan. The Kraken is a good example but maybe Dragons will be as well. We have seen Dragons Vegapunk created but with Kinemon's reaction we could deduce that Dragons really existed in Wano. In that case if there will ever be a Dragon fruit it will be most likely an ancient zoan instead of a mythical.

As for the Cerberus idea, if it has the powers of stealing other DF's somehow then it will be most likely a mythical zoan and would probably mean that cerberus never existed outside of mythology.

As for the idea overall, it was a good one, which is also why it returns so many times, but I don't think it will happen. First off I think there is more to BB stealing DF's then just a zoan ability. If he was the only one who could do it then there was no reason for him to hide under the cloak with WB. The fact we saw Burgess trying to gather DF's on his own away from the crew could mean BB's way is possible for others as well like Burgess.

Secondly I do think it's likely BB will get a zoan fruit as well but i'm more leaning to that idea of Marco's pheonix fruit which will help negate the extra damage he takes with the darkness fruit.

And lastly his Jolly Roger could hint at 3 fruits but I'm more leaning to a different explanation like BB having 2 original crewmates. Vista has been often linked to the diamond fruit but if I had to put my money on anyone then it will be that Apollo guy and probably Doc Q or Lafeite :cigar:

I think the weapon thingy was disproved already since in the WB flashback it only had 2 claws ;)

Yes it was good. The pictures could be under spoilers however to make the page easier to load for the site :yaaa:

Good point actually and it would seem strange if nobody noticed that BB had a fruit. A case that can be made against it however is that he was part of WB's crew which had a powerful reputation and strong commanders. Not many people would dare to challenge WB and most of the times other crewmembers would be strong enough to take care of business. Because of this i'm not 100% confident in BB not being able to hide a DF ability :)

Yarr :cigar:

Does a Cerberus claw only have 3 nails though? That's my main problem with it :unsure:

Quezon D. Faizul likes this.
  7. HA001

HA001

Bounty Points:
    Its looking more and more likely blackbeard will have a zoan fruit. He has the "strongest" logia and paramecia so the most powerful zoan fruit seems likely to be next.

8. RulZ

RulZ

Bounty Points:
    4 actually, but you can inflict less wounds with more blades

9. Quezon D. Faizul

Quezon D. Faizul

Bounty Points:
    so far, he have fhe logia and paramecia. the strongest of it all. then, the strongest zoan would be cool. which zoan could it be..? phoenix,dragon..?

actually, how his body be like that..? is his body ever like that since he was born (cerberus)..?

or is blackbeard ate cerberus zoan already before luffy's journey..? then he add yami2 and gura2, thus make it 3 df already. then he doesnt need any zoan more (phoenix or even dragon zoan).

10. santoryu kageoni

santoryu kageoni

Bounty Points:
    May I ask why is the franky review always like that ? it takes half a page !!!! And I do see the recurring theme of 3 but I do not see that as a reference to a cerebrus

11. Hardcore

Hardcore

Bounty Points:
    I agree, i think he took the Cerberus devil fruit at some point in the past. Maybe even before joining the Whitebeard pirates.

Some further evidence of this is when Luffy and Zoro are leaving mock down they refer to Blackbeard as "them" as they're more than one of him.

Someone else had pointed out a while ago then when blackbeard was fighting Ace and in Marineford as well in some pictures he has beads around his hands and others he doesn't. Almost as if it's a way fo saying he's "changing person" as the fight goes on.

He mentions he takes more damage and feels more pain with the Yami Yami no mi. During the Marineford war he takes a massive slash with Whitebeard's weapon then gets a haki imbued earthquake explosion to the face.
    Most people will be wrecked after this but after he takes whitebeard down he makes a full recovery. He takes Haki blasts from Sengoku and brushes them off as if he's taken no damage.
    I suspect he has 3 people / personalities and they each take a share of the damage during battles so although he feels more pain, he's more durable.

12. Emperor

Emperor

Bounty Points:
    no he didnt, take a look at this, seriously this theory is as bad as its old
    [​IMG]

Treeko D James likes this.
  13. Hardcore

Hardcore

Bounty Points:
    It's an old theory, but what makes you think it's bad?
    What relevance does the random picture have as well?

Treeko D James and Emperor like this.
  14. Emperor

Emperor

Bounty Points:
    you are telling me that you dont see a weapon on his hand

Treeko D James likes this.
  15. Hardcore

Hardcore

Bounty Points:
    Myself and the OP are aware he used to fight with a 3 clawed blade and that's how shanks got his face cut. That doesn't debunk the theory. No one stated the 3 cuts on Shanks face were caused by a devil fruit.

Cerberus is one body, 3 heads

Luffy & Zoro reffered to Blackbeard as "They" rather than "he" so means more than 1 personality.

3 bladed claw.
    3 headed flag.
    3 guns on his hip.

So if he ate the Cerberus fruit it would mean he is 3 people in one body now.
    Hence why Luffy & Zoro reffered to him as "they" and why Marcus mentioned he had a "strange body"

3 types of Devil fruits out there.
    Logia
    Zoan
    Paramecia

If Blackbeard ate the Cerberus fruit and it's a Zoan then he has 1 of each now.

It's the only thing that makes sense with all the 3's and why he can have multiple devil fruits without dying.

If you have a better explanation for explaining all the things above though i'd be keen to hear it.

16. Emperor

Emperor

Bounty Points:
    well, not really, its just that most people start this theory with "shanks got his face cut because he was cu by bb in his cerberus form", but it was obviously just that weapon
    secondly, its true that bb is obsessed with number 3, but does it have anything to do with the fruit? he has 3 heads on his flags, but hey are just skulls, they could represent humans as much as dogs
    then, when they refered to him as they, its possible that they refered to his crewmates, not just him, because even if he had this fruit, it would give him 3 heads, not 3 personalityes
    and im saying that theorey is bad because it was never even mentiooned in the series, so this fruit is completly made up, i mean im not saying its not real, im just saying that it just isnt belivable, just because shanks has a scar (which i explaind) and bb has a 3 skulls on the flag dosent mean that he ate that fruit

17. Hardcore

Hardcore

Bounty Points:
    How can he take in more than 1 devil fruit without dying?
    If he does have 3 personalities within him then, regardless of how it happened it explains everything perfectly.

It might not be the correct explanation but given everything that has been observed it's the best suggestion given the evidence available.

Emperor likes this.
  18. Emperor

Emperor

Bounty Points:
    think it has something to do with yami

Go D. Usopp likes this.
  19. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    That doesn't explain anything at all since he'd still only have 1 body and the body is what Devil Fruits alter. If it were tied to personalities/ souls then Tashigi wouldn't have been able to use Smoker's power when Law body-swapped them in Punk Hazard

Also if having 3 heads means you can have multiple fruits then that means the judges from Enies Lobby could too so let's not go down that route

Pretty much everything to do with Cerberus theory is EASILY debunkable except the flag and there are plenty of other ways that could be interpreted anyway

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Emperor, Treeko D James and Coton like this.
  20. Hardcore

Hardcore

Bounty Points:
    1 body, 3 souls / personalities.
    A devil fruit for each.
    Otherwise, how else would he consume 2 fruits? Saying "something to do with Yami etc" is just a random guess with no evidence at all.

The 3 headed judge from Enies lobby was 3 separate people in a big suit. Remember he got split open into individua people?

Then please provide a better explanation / reasoning for the 3 guns, 3 bladed claw, 3 headed flag, luffy reffering to him as "they" (he wasn't mentioning his crew) and how he got 2 devil fruits at once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice