1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Big Mom's Tea Party: Arc Predictions

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Go D. Usopp, Jan 21, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    I'd like to begin by clarifying my stance on Sanji. I wrote in a previous theory about how I believe him to be an experiment created by Vegapunk. I still believe this and want to begin by establishing a few more points towards this
    Firstly, the number theme in his name. His hinted brothers likely also have numbered names, and I believe this is a hint that they are experiments and not their father's real children. Numbering children is uncommon and a little cruel, but numbering experiments is practically a ubiquitous practice

Secondly, the hints that his parent has pull in the World Government. Most people believe this to mean that he's the son of a Tenryuubito or Gorosei, but as far as I can see there is no viable reason for any of them to want to marry their son into a pirate family, much less a Yonkou, and to make it such a public event too. Pirates are of course, filthy, lesser beings to them. Someone who does have pull in the WG and is speculated to be a revolutionary however, is Vegapunk. What does he stand to gain from this wedding? More allies for the Revos? Perhaps Big Mom has something of scientific value (maybe her Devil Fruit). Who knows

Next up is the line about Sanji being "born under a miracle star". A lot of people have taken this to mean Tenryuubito ("celestial" dragon) or Gorosei (5 Elder "Stars") but I have a much more direct answer for you. The star in question is "Vega". One half of the name of our favourite mysterious scientist

We know Vegapunk will be making an appearance soon given that Smoker and Tashigi are en route to meet him as we speak, and introducing him as Sanji's father would be an amazing reveal

Why does Brook know the name Vinsmoke? Put simply, I believe Caesar's poison research is based on research abandoned by Vegapunk, and that he is the one who was responsible for the death of Brook and his crew. This part is pure speculation of course

Lastly and completely random but "Vegapunk Vinsmoke" = VV. Parallel to Caesar Clown's "CC"?

Moving on to the events of the tea party then. I'm of the belief that this will be a Sanji solo arc and that the other Straw Hats won't play a prominent role, first of all

Anyways, I believe that Caesar is going to attempt to poison Big Mom's food (others have also expressed this belief) and that Sanji will not permit it. For saving her life, Big Mom will guarantee the Straw Hat crew's autonomy, which Capone claims they will lose after the wedding. During these events, the reporter "Absa", who of course couldn't pass up covering such a big event, will lay eyes on the bride and fall in love. Inevitably, it will turn out that Charlotte Purin is actually Lola, who was using a pseudonym so she could be a pirate in her own right and not coast off of Mama's reputation. Absalom, having not seen her outside of her pig body, is unaware of this, but of course Lola loves Absalom so Sanji comes up with a plan

Absalom, using his awakened Devil Fruit, is able to manipulate light around his body. He goes through with the wedding with Lola, projecting a mirage of Sanji around himself to deceive everyone whilst curly brows makes his escape

Sanji returns to the Straw Hats with Jinbe, who's business with Mama is now finished and who now joins the crew. The two having time without the rest of the crew around will also give Oda a chance to further develop their relationship and resolve the tension he set up between them in Fishman Island

Edit: A few things i'd like to see but can't back yet. A representative of each Yonkou crew is invited to the tea party. I don't know who goes for Blackbeard (Lafitte would be my preference) but we get another of the calamities from Kaido's crew (X-Drake if it turns out he is one as some have speculated) and Yasopp from Shanks. Yasopp's relationship to Usopp is revealed to Sanji. Introductions to all of the underworld brokers who were briefly shown as shadowed figures during Caesar's broadcast. The return of the rest of the Supernovas (particularly Bonney). Bonney asks to tag along with Sanji to meet Luffy so we can finally get an explanation of why she seemed so upset by Ace's death. Marco also makes an appearance as a representative of the late Whitebeard. Don Krieg is among the brokers, Gin and Sanji reunion

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. Joestar

Joestar

Bounty Points:
    Yes, good idea. It would be amazing to see Lola and Absalom return, and Caesar and Sanji's relationship may further develop, with them possibly being friends in the future..

CandiCookie and Go D. Usopp like this.
  3. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    Thanks. Edited in a couple of wishful speculations at the bottom too

Joestar likes this.
  4. MUUGEN

MUUGEN MuuBa<3 Wanted Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    Dr. Vegapunk, Vegapunk being his last name which would mean Vegapunk is his first name?

5. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    No one ever called Caesar "Dr Clown" so it's not too much of a stretch. Also everyone generally just calls him Vegapunk

6. Joestar

Joestar

Bounty Points:
    I'd say it's his first name

Go D. Usopp likes this.
  7. Tosky

Tosky

Bounty Points:
    Quite a good theory though I disagree in a point, basically I don't think Lola is the mistery bride mainly because I think that her real name is Lollipop so she is a different daughter alltogether, also Lola said that her crew was going away from the new world so it would make sense if she was somewhere else, and thirdly I don't think it will be a Sanji solo because it's Nami who has the Vivre Card of Big Mom which was given to her by Lola. In fact I think Lola gave the VC to her as a message to her mother that she was still alive and kicking after all that shadow stealing madness

CP-0 likes this.
  8. Suda

Suda

Bounty Points:
    Great theory mate! :D

Go D. Usopp likes this.
  9. Vinsmoke Mihawk

Vinsmoke Mihawk

Bounty Points:
    Interesting Theory Bro. Wish I saw it earlier and I could've quoted you in my thread on Absolom crashing the wedding: http://orojackson.com/threads/absalom-the-reporter-absa-will-crash-sanjis-wedding.21685/).

The Vinsmoke Vegapunk—V.V.—bit is scintillating: because it would be a great Oda reference to scientific Directors C.C. and V.V. from Code Geass:
    http://cdn.pcwallar****m/images/code-geass-cc-wallpaper-3.jpg [​IMG]

Go D. Usopp and NovaBounty like this.
  10. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    At the very least we now know that i'm wrong about Luffy not showing up but the rest still has a fair shot

Vinsmoke Mihawk and NovaBounty like this.
  11. Dave

Dave Wanted

Bounty Points:
    the way things are going right now up coming whole cake island can go in number direction i m going to put few of scenarios which could possibly play out in whole cake island
    case 1- wedding is a setup for vinsmoke to assassinate big mom
    big mom as we know is more of a businessman then a pirate as described by pekoms and tamago so possibility of she having ties with world govt via underground network are pretty good knowing her after doffy she wants take over the business and starts putting world govt in unfavorable position that vinsmokes are assigned for the job of assassination for vinsmoke it would a great chance to get back sanji n do there job in process, sanji even ask " why now of all times" to capone it means he knew it was a possibility but not so early
    and the way sanji was taken(1st-crew members taken as hostages and then threatening him about head of a loved in a box) required a powerful pirate who have more freedom and network then world govt ,so that sanji would bought to the wedding .my prediction is that vinsmoke will assassinate big mom and some of her underling at the tea party most probably by poising them game of thrones scenario and kidnap sanji
    when luffy and pekoms reach island know about massacre upon this luffy will then decide to rescue sanji
    and pekom and allies of big mom will join him in the process knowing that possible allies for luffy might jimbei and sun pirates
    case 2
    chaos ruins the wedding
    strawhats and heart pirates whose location is compromised may decide to go whole cake island in order to avoid kaido and rescue sanji ,kaido will assume big mom is giving them refuge to them and also has ceaser will attack big mom and strawhats will use this chance to take sanji and escape
    what do u think guys give me your thoughts
    thanks

12. pofferfish

pofferfish

Bounty Points:
    I dont want to be the D who has to say this but dude you could use some periods. It was difficult to read but it was interesting because while reading it reminded me of the pepper newspaper author.hahaha

Anyways, Case 1 to 2 seems to be arranged in continuing action, and in not seperated scenarios. As far as my comprehension goes, it is rather similar to Alpha2lte theory regarding Bugs Moran and Al Capone analogy theory. The difference is that instead of Capone, you put the Vinsmokes.

Well, if the Vinsmokes or Germa 66 turns out to be lap dog of WG, then it could be possible. However, Big Mom would probably do some background check before entering into an agreement with someone.But, ultimately, I would not dismiss the idea that Vinsmoke would assasinate BM. It could be a potential scenario for Luffy to overcome the difficulty in which Sanji is.

13. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    Alright so from next chapter we should be heading to WholeCake island! My question is, are you ready?:D

Ready for what you may be asking? Well let's take a look at what happens when two very hungry people meet...

I wanted to repost this video because I think some of you may have forgotten just how her character acts and how mad she is, she eats her own crew members! Her saliva seems hazardous! And best of all she is mad at luffy before he even arrives, for those of you that thought there could be an alliance I don't think you could be any further away from the truth if you tried:p

I think there's a reason why in the new colour spread luffy was shown in Gear fourth mode with the crew venturing to wholecake... Forget the sneaky mission, i am 100% sure there is going to be a big battle so guys and ladies, be ready for our first Yonko encounter, i cannot wait, it's been so many years that I've waited for something like this too happen and I hope you're all as hyped as I am:D:D:D

14. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    I think Lola might make an appearance at the wedding. So maybe just maybe it won't be luffy vs Big mom.

15. CP-0

CP-0

Bounty Points:
    Oh guaranteed there's gonna be a big fight. I just hope Luffy knows what he's getting into...as if he would care. Sanji is all that matters, besides the Poneglyph. And actually, the Poneglyph is key because if they're going to try and copy that thing they're going to have to keep BM at bay somehow. Knowing Sanji though, he may have already copied it down if he's seen it.

16. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    I'm just getting so excited for it I mean, all the sweets he stole, He directly called her out, the bomb he sent her as a present! They have personalities which will definitely clash! :D
    My personal opinion is that there will be a battle and I'm just so hyped for it, so many variables will come into play I mean look at the vinsmokes, they're underground rulers, I wouldn't put it past them to double cross BM at any point in the arc
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 31, 2016 ---
    Damn I completely forgot about the poneglypth when making the post xD that's definitely going to have a big role aswell although maybe not at first since Robin won't be there to translate it, so until we get to Wano it's price is actually worthless if you think about it :D

Bounty, NovaBounty, minions and 4 others like this.
  17. Perna Negra

Perna Negra

Bounty Points:
    Can't wait for this arc too. I also can't see an alliance with Big Mom, she looks too villainous.

18. Aka Hata X

Aka Hata X

Bounty Points:
    I hope that súper big fight ends up in an eating contest (always hated big mom appearence and dont care for her at all). At the same time i dont want Luffy to take down a yonkou, it would make me think OP is getting near the end:(

19. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    I'm sort of split.

I'm hoping a Green Bull vs Big Mom (we finally get to see a yonko and an admiral go 1 vs 1), but then on the other hand I want luffy to mess up big mom.

THE DECISIONS BRO!! THE WANTS! THE CONFUSION! :confused::banghead:

20. BlackLegEd

BlackLegEd

Bounty Points:
    Party at Big Momma's house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice