1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Neutral Big MoM's Revenge on Luffy: Targeting Sanji

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Irascendedlolkitten, May 1, 2014.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irascendedlolkitten

Irascendedlolkitten

Bounty Points:
    Ever since Luffy had that phone conversation with Big Mom, challenged her, pissed her off, ate her candy, and threatened to take Fishman Island. Ever since Big Mom said she would get her revenge on Luffy and his crew. Not to mention that after the she was like come on over to the New World brat. So why would she go Sanji in particular?

1.) Both Big Mom and Luffy are obsessed with Food.

2.) Luffy ate her candy.

3.) Since Big Mom is obsessed with Food and she knows food is important to Luffy; so what better way to get revenge on him on than taking his cook. He stole all of her favorite candy so she will want to hit him were she thinks going to hurt.

4.) I have a hunch that she either collects cooks like Wapol or goes through them like crazy by that I mean she:

A. She eats them if she is displeased with their cooking.

B. She works the cooks to death; cooking for Big Mom is that physically demanding.

It's possible to that she doesn't go through cooks like crazy but since we've seen her eat her own crew for nothing and know how much candy she demands.

5.) Maybe it's just me but when a character does something like Luffy did and challenged someone like that honestly he's not ready yet to make good on his threats yet. Generally a character can get a dose of karma eventually, after doing something like Luffy did. I don't think that Luffy is ready to take an Emperor down all by himself.

6.) It place Sanji and possibly other Strawhats in a position were they can possibly trick Big Mom and Kaido to go to war with eachother.

7.) Big Mom may have heard of stories about Sanji's cooking and probably would have gone after him anyway.

Possible Scenarios

1. Sanji and his group right now escape and Sanji plus maybe others like Chopper too get captured later.

2. Sanji and co. get captured right away and Sanji has to cook for big Mom or she'll eat his nakama. It's something like The Arabian Nights or the Nightingale but with no wining the bad guy over and instead helping to destroy them. If you guys can remember myths like that tell me because I can't remember a.t.m.

3. Only Sanji gets captured or Sanji and Chopper get captured either so the others can escape. Or Sanji makes a deal with Big Mom so the others can escape. I think Chopper would be interesting because of the whole herbivore Zoan thing.

4. ( This is my favorite as of now.) (After a minor exchange of blows). Sanji and his group see what is happening back in Dressrosa. Things look dire they know this because Brook can use his astral projection to see what's going on inside the bird cage. Big Mom's crew has a way/ability to help take down's Doflamingo's Birdcage and web. However there's a cost. Sanji and whoever else will help bring Big MoM and Kaido to war in French Resistance/ revolutionary style. Maybe we'll get to see skills that both Sanji and Robin have learned during the time skip since they're train was both by revolutionaries.

5. Sanji may not get captured but I think Big Mom will target him because of the food obsession Luffy and Big Mom share.
    Outcomes/ Issues

Maybe we will finally get to address Sanji's self sacrificial areas. On one hand that can be selfless and admirable however Sanji often seems too eager to do so sometimes when another solution could have been found. Luffy noticed this at Baratie and Drum. We also saw that at the end of Thriller Bark we see that Sanji could get another cook. He just did again when caught by Doflamingo he told them to go and Nami and said "we would never..." Not only that during the time skip he still called his dream stupid.

If Sanji and his group do get captured it won't be because they are weak or anything.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Cyrenz98, ETSI, SMILE and 3 others like this.
  2. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    I don't think Big mom was there to specifically target Sanji. If I remember correctly, Caesar stated that she was there to capture him because he borrowed money from her and never paid it back. I could however see Sanji being the type to negotiate with Big Mom that if she spared the rest of the crew, he would come on her ship and cook for her. I myself have always felt that Big Mom capturing Jinbei was going to be the major factor into what sets Luffy off in going and attacking Big Mom, although if you add Sanji to the mix, it would be an even bigger motivator.

Cyrenz98, Reiketsu_Kuro, ETSI and 3 others like this.
  3. Erza

Erza

Bounty Points:
    Oh lordy, she's going to crush him with her FUPA.
    [​IMG]

4. Irascendedlolkitten

Irascendedlolkitten

Bounty Points:
    Oh I know Big Mom isn't here for the Strawhats but LOL sorry I failed to make that clear. I don't think that Big Mom has 'seen' the Strawhats yet. Also them going after Ceasar is an example of them pursing a vendetta. She swore she would get her revenge on them and the fact that they are both SO obsessed with food makes it hard to think that she won't try to do something like that at sometime you know? She kind of seems to possibly have a Luffy like attention span. As a Sanji fangirl who can be a bit evil (if you couldn't tell) I have mixed feeling about this happening (it just seemed so likely..You could make a diagram out of easily.)

1. I would like to see him kick ass in fight like he did in Enies Lobby.

2. It would be cool to see him trick Big Mom's crew and escape, I like when Sanji is foxy.

3. However being in the belly of the beast seeing Sanji have to use his cooking skills to protect his nakama/survive. Seeing Sanji do more of his Mr. Prince stuff maybe working with Robin (who works on the outside) while Sanji works to undermine the Emperor from within.

4. It would be nice to make some progress on Sanji's self sacrificial tendencies and have him understand his value. He need to remember nakama-ness goes both ways.

5. I wouldn't like it because I'd have to listen to fanboys go "oh Sanji weak".

6. I would hate and not find it amusing if Oda has Big Mom be like Lolla and fall in "love" with Sanji. He's had plenty of horrible embarrassing things happen to Sanji. Oda needs tor remember that he has tons of fangirls who are faithful, unobtrusive, they get by on very little. I for one didn't like how the transvestites were depicted on Kamabakka Island, the New Kama were fine so I don't know why he had to do it. (I've been thinking of making a post about that.)

7. I do like it when characters are challenged, when they are in the belly of the beast and overcome/ rise to the occasion. I love that kind resistance/spy stuff and times when the underdog turns the tables like that. This is part of why I like the 6th op movie so much because we see Luffy pushed to an extreme we hadn't felt until then.

Oh by the way I'd really love to know what people think of my first movie 6 theory. I do think I may have rambled a bit as I kept digging into the idea and writing it ate my time lol. It's basically about how when Zoro, Sanji, and Nami seem odd and out of character after the ring toss? A lot of people hated the movie for this in my opinion unfairly because I think they have them act more and more out of character on purpose. They were trying to hint that those three were under the influence of the Lily!!

I hope it my theory didn't sound lame.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Cyrenz98 and Celestial D. Dragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice