1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Big Mom's Devil Fruit

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by bascken, May 26, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bascken

bascken

Bounty Points:
    So i've been re-reading the entire one piece story the past few days, and i've stumbled upon what seems to be the perfect fit for big mom's devil fruit.
    So what do we know about big mom? she loves eating candy, though in latest chapter(c827) we've discovered that she also likes to eat humans(or so we can presume, in this page,<Link Removed>/19, we can see that on the top right section one of her minions, or whatever they are, is saying that he'd like to drink strawberry jam made out of blood. also, luffy seems to be a living sacrifice that is going to be eaten).
    Now as we all know, goda loves forshadowing stuff: In chapter 24, we can see that the kids ussop's been playing pirates with are persuming the straw hats to be an Onibaba, a demon from the japanise folklore who takes the form of an old lady which eats on people. there's a dub for the onibaba which is used in botato's translation, they call her a Cave Witch. big mom is presumed to be awitch, which also streanghtens my theory... the botato page:http://*******/reader#5f80a8d1856f091f_3 the mangafox page: http://***********/manga/one_piece/v03/c024/2.htmlthe onibaba page on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onibaba_(folklore)
    i personally think that the onibaba perfectly fits on big mom's figure, and i would really like to think that oda's been forshadowing her since 800 chapters ago, but of course it could be far fetched and wrong.. Tell me what you think about my theory in the comments please :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  2. Mirai

Mirai

Bounty Points:
    Its definetely a weird fruit.
    Something that can make things, plants and evrything we can imagine, alive.

In my opinion Big Mom intends to invite many differnet people to her tea party to eat them. The wedding of Purin and Sanji is just a kind of pretense.

Icecream001 likes this.
  3. Icecream001

Icecream001

Bounty Points:
    She either has some completely crazy weird df maybe what you said, or no df at all

4. District

District

Bounty Points:
    Can that be Sugar's devil fruit? She can transform people into toys,maybe she can also transform them in plans,clouds...
    Plus sugar's name is fitting for cake's island.

5. BasedGodKuma

BasedGodKuma

Bounty Points:
    I think that might be on aspect of her powers that alone would not be enough to make her Yonko level. I think she can control reality or has a Witch df or Dream df. If it is a witch fruit she can do several over thing like control the elements etc same thing if it were a dream/reality fruit.

6. yond

yond

Bounty Points:
    The panel on the right struck me as very odd.... Literally everything has a face. I think it all has to do with the lead in.. "A hellish tea party is about to begin!" What do little girls do at tea parties? They pretend their dolls are real people capable of holding conversations/moving.

Therefore I'd have to agree that Big Mam probably has the ability to animate inanimate objects. Taking that a step further is it possible her "daughters" are actually dolls she's also animated? Gepetto called Pinnochio his "son", this wouldn't be all that different. Pudding does seem very real, but that doesn't necessarily mean her other 50 daughters are real.

Beli Rich likes this.
  7. Genius

Genius

Bounty Points:
    I think since the Disney theme is strong that it's a magic-magic fruit. I thought maybe something darker like occult or ritual-ritual paramencia but Magic is very broad, fitting for a Yonko and provides a lot of fighting flexibility.

Beli Rich likes this.
  8. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    I've always thought, that her power entailed making inanimate things, animate. At least this is the opinion I've personally held. It seems to be some what true. Though, i fail to see how this would translate to, being somewhat powerful?

Maybe i'm just not smart enough to see it/realize it. But it does seem like a cool fruit, even if it's not exactly what i entail.

Though i like your idea as well. I just wish Big Mum got the attention she deserves from the One Piece community, i feel, even after this chapter, a lot of people are still going to be looking down on her, as weak, or the weakest. Which simply isn't true at all.

9. yond

yond

Bounty Points:
    I mean if this truly is her power she could turn ANYTHING into an animate object. Like say weapons, buildings, a freaking RAINBOW?!?! etc, etc. The possibilities are truly endless until we learn more about her powers. It kind of fits her character type of being a fat glutton too... having things do her fighting for her.

10. muhammad dzamar reza

muhammad dzamar reza

Bounty Points:
    If her power turn anything to an animate object,that power quite powerful,just imagine if marineford turn into an animate object,she definetely can fight an fleet admiral like sakazuki or sengoku,or a yonkou like shanks and teach.

danh likes this.
  11. Mistresspaige

Mistresspaige

Bounty Points:
    Mabye she has a Mother Nature Devil fruit? Her flag suggests an elemental theme and her giving life to everything plus being called mom by everyone. Mabye Hito Hito: model Gaia?

BasedGodKuma likes this.
  12. muhammad dzamar reza

muhammad dzamar reza

Bounty Points:
    Shanks: strongest haki
    Teach:strongest logia and paramecia
    Kaido: strongest zoan
    Big mom: strongest awakening devil fruit.(?)

13. stefan999

stefan999

Bounty Points:
    I think that her DF is connected to singing. She may be able to awake objects with her voice. She looks like Opera singer.

14. riddly890_..

riddly890_..

Bounty Points:
    I think that her DF only brings objects to life,while the cotton-candy snow maybe has to do with one of her 'chancellors'.We know that there is a chocolate chancelor and a biscuit chancelor so there might also be a cotton-candy chancellor,who produces a substance similar to Dance Powder in Alabasta.

15. bascken

bascken

Bounty Points:
    i also think that. after the latest chapter i cant shake the feeling that she put up a plan to do a fake wedding between her "daughter" (pretty sure she can make copy of things come alive with her DF, like lola copy or pudding, which could be the 3 eyed girl copy) just to lure luffy out, and then sacrifice him infront of many people in her tea party.
    could also be an opening to a shanks reappearance to save luffy, or to a sad and emotional story about her daughter wanting to become a "real girl" like pinoccio or chappy after seeing how nice luffy and the straw hats are

same as what i wrote above, i belive that her onibaba df are giving her the power to make copys of objects or people and manipulate them. also i think that puding is a copy of the 3 eyed girl, same as the copy of lola we saw a few chapters ago

if you'd go into the wikipedia link i've posted you can see that the basic legend of the onibaba is of a mother who needed to get a liver from some one in order to save her beloved daughter. this is pretty much mother-like and could be connected to our story in various ways

it could be a great twist in the plot if we realized that kaido has no df, and that he just is the strongest creature from birth, he could actually be some kind of an oni like the oars's, while big mom has the strongest zoan

16. trush

trush

Bounty Points:
    I think that she has the witch DF.

8787NO3Monet and BasedGodKuma like this.
  17. Beli Rich

Beli Rich

Bounty Points:
    My guesses:
    Sing Sing Fruit
    Sound Sound Fruit
    Talk Talk Fruit

Edit: Awakened DF of course

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  18. Quezon D. Faizul

Quezon D. Faizul

Bounty Points:
    i wouldnt suprised if shes got tbat onibaba df. or any weirdest df. she's deserves it,lol. big mom is so fat and evil to have a cool df.

19. Die666

Die666

Bounty Points:
    in anime big mom droll become acid,i think there is a connection with acid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice