1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Big Mom's Devil Fruit And Character

She's A Witch!

Share This Page

1. dizzy2341

dizzy2341

Bounty Points:
    This theory is preety similar to what it actually is. Congrats!

Divvens likes this.
  2. Indra

Indra

Bounty Points:
    a type of soulsteal,hard to tell for now

Divvens likes this.
  3. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Haha, I did state this in my theory:
    But I didn't guess Soul stealing, or the Soul Soul fruit :D My points were pointing to something different.

But I'm still happy! Almost everything in this arc has the fairy tale feel and involves reference to magical and fun stories.

4. FrankyG

FrankyG

Bounty Points:
    Even though one could say that its debunked now since you did not think of the right fruit I still feel the assumption is right. What is after all a witch? Yes I know the whole old, fat woman, big nose, big cauldron and broom to fly on thing but what role does a witch play?

A witch mostly comes into stories on 2 occasions:
    1. the first one is the witch hunt, this is where things seem to go wrong, people getting sick, animals dying, drought etc, and people want somebody to blame. Hence the old lady living alone becomes a good target. Even better if she has been using herbal medicine or things like that.

2. the second one is when unnatural help (let's call it that) is needed. Somebody is sick or dying, something is lost or any other kind of wish.

With point 2 we have to remember however that there is a reason why they are called witch instead of just sorceress or something. Witches would in all stories want something in return.

With Big Mom this can be seen with all the inhabitants overing part of their soul (lifespan) to Big Mom for her continued protection. It has a Halloween kind of vibe to it, which is also often linked to witches.

Now this might seem a strange comparison to make but Big Mom and the whole Jimbei thing kind of reminded me of that sea witch Ursula in Ariel the litle Mermaid. She gave Ariel legs and as a price took away her voice. We don't know yet what Jimbei had to pay as price but hopefully we will find out soon.

Anyway, to sum it up, even though the DF is wrong I still feel that the Witch thing stands :cigar:

Divvens likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice