1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Big Mom's Devil Fruit And Character

She's A Witch!

Share This Page

1. Sontaran Gaming

Sontaran Gaming

Bounty Points:
    Big Mam definitely has something to do with magic. We've got "a robbin, a bobbin, a big-bellied ben" as well a tortoise and (I believe) a hare, so her entire crew has to do with fairy tails.

Luffy2387 and Joy_Boy like this.
  2. purple

purple

Bounty Points:
    i think Big mom's' devil fruit can be Wapol's' Baku Baku no Mi furit upgrade version

Luffy2387 likes this.
  3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    First of all, great theory and the connection with Hansel and Gretel is so strong it should frankly be obviously right.

For the acid spit, I already suggested to others that she just eats so much stuff, both human and food that her saliva has properties like the Komodo Dragons, toxic because of what it eats not because of anything actually inherent to her powers and what not. So I say this in support of this theory, because it means her powers don't have to actually explain her acidic saliva.

I'm still not sure Oda will make her a witch but a Giant with a DF is not something we have ever seen so it would be interesting.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 15, 2015 ---
    Just to expand, she could also be based on Wendingos.

No not another zone I don't think but she could be areally strong fighter.

Maybe Oda pulls the theme from Hansel and Gretel but is also using Wendingo legend to represent her power.

4. couch potato

couch potato

Bounty Points:
    I always just assumed that Big Mom had an acid devil fruit before, I never thought of it like that! This is actually a really good theory.

Luffy2387 likes this.
  5. DarkWitch

DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    While I usually don't care for theories. This was one of those theories that actually seemed interesting and good.

Really liked your theory. Guess will just have to wait and see then.

6. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    Keep in mind tho that having a theme doesn't necessarily determine the character's abilities, e.g. Doflamingo doesn't actually turn into a flamingo. Oda has a knack for rolling several different ideas up into one character. Like Japanese words and names, his characters can sometimes embody many different things. I can't entirely rule out the Witch Witch no Mi , but I have my doubts; mythical zoan fruits are extremely rare, and there already exists a human-type in Sengoku's Buddha Buddha.

The witch theme itself is undeniable. The info on those symbols certainly reinforce it. Interesting stuff. Pretty fitting that they revolve around life and birth, what with her having 35 daughters and all.

Heh, if theories regarding her being a Kitchen Woman and making Gingerbread Men hold true, I could even see her giving "birth" to said Gingerbread Men by extracting them from the "stove" in her belly.

7. Putu

Putu

Bounty Points:
    Right or wrong is Oda the one make it, all we can do is guessing what's it is, who is she, what this, what that, that's why it named theory.

Nice theory :)

8. pofferfish

pofferfish

Bounty Points:
    I believe, based on your reply, that you are referring to my post.

Well, it is true that doffy, luffy and other pirates portray their jolly roger without any connection to their df; however, every pirate's flag has direct connection to the pirate personally and as such, based on the symbols their flag show that we can work with, we can make educated guess.

On the myth zoan, yes! It is rare and isnt it fitting for a yonkou to have it. The fact that she has it proves her worth.I am not saying that every powerful character must have a rare or special df. What i am saying is that based on the trends we have seen, strong characters tend to have special dfs.

I am glad you read it. Apprreciate it. Isnt it weird that the double spiral perfectly fits big mom flags. I thought when i was reading info about the wicca movement/witch occult " oh man the symbol is perfect fit to the possible evidence of big mom's power eg talking ship.'

The author of this thread puts convincing points on the witch df that the spiral symbols i found fully convince me that she definitely has to have a witch df.

9. Joestar

Joestar

Bounty Points:
    Big Mom may not even have a devil fruit >:eek:

dgeo likes this.
  10. muhammad dzamar reza

muhammad dzamar reza

Bounty Points:
    You said hansel and gretel,that mean the hansel is luffy and the gretel is nami,big mom 100% is wotch

11. Hachibukai

Hachibukai

Bounty Points:
    Great theory.I loved it.I liked the connections you found between Big mom and witches.

12. phoenixikki

phoenixikki

Bounty Points:
    I imagine big mom fruit power is turning people into cake.... it will be so scary (the whole cake island was made by human who turned to be cake) :nailbiting:

13. Sect D

Sect D

Bounty Points:
    Nice theory....but i would go with the zoan type spider spider no mi. She kinda look like big spider to me.
    Big and strong version of this
    [​IMG]
    Poison or acid kinda things were coming from her mouth. Spider do have poison.
    Also some really wierd facts

She ate her own crew members
    She have 35 daughters, no sons dont u think its wierd.

Cpt. likes this.
  14. Cpt.

Cpt. Insterstella Ranger Wanted

Bounty Points:
    @pofferfish please learn how to use "Link".

Cool information, it just literally took up more than 2 full screens of text...

If you highlight text you can insert a hyperlink url using the link button.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  15. stefan999

stefan999

Bounty Points:
    After Chapter 825, I think that her abilities could allowed her to animate objects.

16. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    I believe Oda also took some inspiration from the witch Yubaba from Spirited Away, based on appearance and even the way she runs her crew, similarly to Yubaba and her bathhouse. Maybe she'll have a giant baby too.

17. Puffeh

Puffeh

Bounty Points:
    LOVE THIS THEORY!!! I'm a big fan of big mom (in terms of interest) and have read lot to do with her. Your theory is one of the best if not the best! Love everything to do with your theory especially as a lot of symbols on her flag to point towards witch. The colours and what they represent in the witchy world for starters along with the symbols that were posted. Hansel and Gretel thing made it for me <3

If she isn't a witch I totally ship her having an animate ability especially as Bobbins' name is Bobbin he could just be an animated bobbin. Works with the ship too (which I think is fabulous <3)

I'd also like to say, Luffy may not be the one fighting big mom. It could be anyone and we don't really know what her role is in the story yet. Being a yonko she obviously holds some sort of power and certain people are wanting to take all of that for themselves. I hope she is powerful though, we need more female "beasts" in OP.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  18. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:

I made a theory video on Big Mom being a witch, with a few of your points - thanks for the thread bro.

Give it a watch, it will undeniably prove that Big Mom is a witch, or at least a powerful user of magic.

19. kadijahgreen3

kadijahgreen3

Bounty Points:
    I think she has an animation fruit where she animates objects.

Look at Nitro, Rabiyan and Big Mom and her underlings singing as they planed Purin and Sanji's wedding

20. KingOfCreation

KingOfCreation

Bounty Points:
    Hello Peoples!

The new chapter 829 gave up quite an interesting look into Big Mom's potential powers. We now she is capable of taking peoples life force if they are afraid of her (which also pretty much confirms that she definitely has a devil fruit even though it was already the presumption) Now whether this is only 1 of many abilities is yet to be seen, but for now lets focus on the advanced potential of this power. What can she do with the life force after she has it?

1: Animation: Easily the most obvious, Big Mom could plant the life force into an inanimate object, thus bring it to life. Now keep in mind Life Force appears to be different than souls i.e. when life force is implanted it is like a new being is born into the world with absolutely no prior connections, memories, or emotions to that being in any way. Like a little chocolate baby thats so cute you can just eat them up. It seems fairly likely, all though one possible problem with this theory is The Sun that follows Big Mom. If her power is animating existing objects? What was the sun prior to being animated? A work of art, or decoration? Its likely nothing, but I figured it was worth noting.

2: Immortality: Big Mom is old. Like Very Old. How do I know? Hello!!! She has 85 children! Assuming she goes through pregnancy like everyone else, thats 9 months a pop! 85 times 9 is 765 months! Thats 63.75 years being pregnant! Plus at least 16 years (hopefully) till she even started having kids! Thats at least 79 years old assuming she got pregnant again IMMEDIATELY after each time, which Hey! No judgement here mama! Plus Pudding is daughter 35 out of 39, and is Atleast 16 years old. So, she probably hasn't had any new kids in a while. Now no matter how strong you are, One Piece characters are NOT immune to age. Even the strongest man in the world white beard was affected and dulled by it. However, she shows no signs of illness, age, weakness or anything (and her diet is exactly the healthiest). She dosen't even look near the age of 80! If she can tangibly grab life force out of someone, she can probably easily devour it or absorb it in someway, to maintain youthful. Possibly this can also be used to give her immediate stamina, healing, or a boost in power.

I'm sure that is not the extent of her devil fruits abilities, but I figured Id offer my take from what we know so far. Although I believe the latest chapter also disproves any kind of "candy-candy" fruit, as if Big Mom could create any candy at any time she wouldn't need to rampage through town to find one she craves (or chefs at all for that matter)

Saffron Kaizoku likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice