1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Big Mom's Devil Fruit And Character

She's A Witch!

Share This Page

1. CrushinDefeat

CrushinDefeat

Bounty Points:
    Very good theory, the cauldron being inside of her makes alot of sense if she had a Witch Devil Fruit, Honestly with her she'll have some advanced Paramecia possibly. If the Devil Fruit she eats is the Acid Acid no Mi, I want her to be able to utilize different forms of spits and sprays. Corrosive Acid is good, but what about a smog, or an oil slick, maybe even paralysis acid etc.

Puffeh, Naito and bigfishnoj like this.
  2. Monkey D family

Monkey D family

Bounty Points:
    I really wanna get to know big mama and her crew they seem odd

Naito and Spider like this.
  3. $3Assassin

$3Assassin

Bounty Points:
    This is a great theory!!!:eek:

Also, if you look at her crew, between the lion-turtle and the long legged guy, Oda could have gotten some of his inspiration for Big Mom and her crew from "Alice in Wonderland", since they look like characters that would come form there.

Naito, cocktailsquid and Spider like this.
  4. Spider

Spider

Bounty Points:
    You are right its elemental, i think its a paramecia that absorbs nature as it is said she is the only one that could beat BB before marineford arc. She can eat everything because she is everything,
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 1, 2015 ---
    It will be the first yonko confronted before kaido

Naito and Monkey D family like this.
  5. cocktailsquid

cocktailsquid

Bounty Points:
    Well... for the first time, I don't really have anything to contribute. I don't think it could be laid out in a plainer way. I love your tale. Even if it isn't true, I like yours better. "Hansel and Gretel" was one of my favorites as a child. I always loved exploring the woods and imagining monsters. Giving me this horrible witch in pirate form is too wonderful.

Puffeh, Naito, bigfishnoj and 2 others like this.
  6. Skater1ooo

Skater1ooo Roger

Bounty Points:
    I called Tobi being Obito, I called Doflamingos DF, and now I will call this one, I am calling it, no ifs ands or buts, it is just plain and simple and acid-acid fruit, or maybe a dissolve-dissolve fruit, but I am mainly going with acid-acid, not taking away from your theory Divvens, it's a nice theory, very well thought out and put together, but I go with what my gut says on these things.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Puffeh, Naito, ToBeThriller and 3 others like this.
  7. ToBeThriller

ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    Yeah. This seems sooo possible. I've thought of witchcraft too because Pekoms and the other guy look like magicians and stuff :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  8. Badass D. Zoro

Badass D. Zoro

Bounty Points:
    That's quite possible since in OP everything is possible when the creator is a genius.

Naito and bigfishnoj like this.
  9. bigfishnoj

bigfishnoj

Bounty Points:
    I really like the theory of her being able to turn people into candy much much more than her having some magic "Witch" fruit.
    "Magic" kind of seems to take away from Devil fruit concepts, in my opinion.
    Even Kinemon's fruit is not "magic" related. It is based on mythological japanese creatures called Tanuki who can shapeshift and make all kinds of disguises. They have a host of other powers and since Kinemon has said in the past that its some kind of magic and hinted that the samurai's don't know about DF, this can mean Kinemon has a lot of potential to be even a mythological zoan Tanuki class.

I think Oda has done very well with bringing in mythology and folk lore as inspiration into One Piece and creating a more "realistic" way to display that influence. Mom having the ability to turn people into sweets and eating them could really help with that. I mean sugar can turn people into toys, it isn't too far fetched.

I would really like it if her size was not a product of her devil fruit but actually just her. Like if she was actually a half-giant or something and that's why she can fit a cauldron or something equivalent to that in her body.

Naito likes this.
  10. Erkan12

Erkan12

Bounty Points:
    Radiation or Acid perhaps ?

Naito and ToBeThriller like this.
  11. ToBeThriller

ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    I thought of acid or any other corrosive substance first but then it would be too similar to Magellan's Doku Doku no mi power.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Naito likes this.
  12. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    nice theory. :yaaa:

Naito likes this.
  13. Twelve

Twelve

Bounty Points:
    She always reminded me of the witch from Miyuzakis famous "Spirited Away"

That was an epic movie so if her base is HALF as interesting as the bathhouse from that movie, I will be thrilled.

SMILE and Naito like this.
  14. Deadliest Dragon

Deadliest Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Oh please, she would eat the broom

Naito likes this.
  15. MESS

MESS

Bounty Points:
    Nice theory! :)

Naito likes this.
  16. Blue gear

Blue gear

Bounty Points:
    this big mom acid thing, reminded me of komodo dragons. They actually have very acidic saliva

[​IMG]

from this webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/thekomododragon12/there-hunting/komodo-dragons-venom-effect

"Komodo Dragons Venom Effect
    Komodo draogns weren't considered as dangerous as they are today because they were big and scary but no one ever knew they were venomous because when they started to kill alot of people or prey scientist thought it was the bacteria that consumes that is in the komodo dragons they thought it was the toxins and or bacteria that would kill people but little did they know komodo dragons have 28 grams of venom in they're system. If you are ever bitten by a komodo dragon you would be lucky to live because, komodo dragons can smell up to 2.5 miles so you cannot run away but the venom will quickly start to destroy your bodily system. Komodo dragons can kill up to 28 people with one venomous bite. But venom isnt the only lethal accessory Komodo dragons have. Komodo dragons also have acid spit they can spit up to 20 feet and it is pure acid. As soon as that acid touches your skin it will start to burn off in an instant. "

Maybe Zohan type "komodo Dragon" ?

ahhah

Naito likes this.
  17. swordmaster Ryujin

swordmaster Ryujin

Bounty Points:
    Alright in this theory (my first one yeah) ill be giving what I think is big moms devil fruit now I heard a theory that its a witch witch fruit and I say NO. What I think the devil fruit is this may seem obvious but its the candy candy fruit now why do I think this well her island is made out of candy and she wants candy but maybe but maybe what if the devil fruit one of the things it does is make you only eat candy that could explain a lot of big mom and why she only eats candy (im assuming this because she is fat)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    on to what the devil fruit does the devil fruit is a paramecia type it cant be slashes or shot (unless with haki or sea prisim stone) it can be burned or magmad or freezed or what ever. Now to the good part the user can turn things that she/he touches to candy and can only eat candy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    usefulness to the devil fruit it can be a MAJOR support devil fruit you are food although candy its usefull in combat since you can turn people to candy and theres much more.

Remember this is a theory and this is what I think and put in the comment section of what you think of big moms devil fruit

TYPO and CrushinDefeat like this.
  18. TYPO

TYPO

Bounty Points:
    There's a guy with this DF name called "gasparde" but his powers a bit different
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Ame_Ame_no_Mi
    Anyway,good theory maybe it's possible but with other DF name :yaaa:

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  19. swordmaster Ryujin

swordmaster Ryujin

Bounty Points:
    well time to think of another name oh boy ughhhhh

TYPO likes this.
  20. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Knowing how crazy Oda is, I'm sure he'll make the Yonko's devil fruit unique and completely out of our imaginations!

The similarities are just too good to pass without discussing! And we all know that Oda likes to take inspiration from certain things and then turn those inspirations into his own creative creations :D

Slith, CrushinDefeat and SMILE like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice