1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Big Mom's Devil Fruit And Character

She's A Witch!

Share This Page

1. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Divvens submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Big Mom's Devil Fruit And Character - She's A Witch!

Click here to read further...

SAD, SMILE, CrushinDefeat and 63 others like this.
  2. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    That is a really good theory, damn! One Piece breaks seem to bring out all the interesting threads to pass the unbearable wait time haha.

The explanation on the Acid is one thing that gives me doubts and such. It's also true that a lot of themed characters don't necessarily need a devil fruit to match said theme. I mean yeh, Dofla walking around transforming into a flamingo would be funny as fuck but a 'bullet string' sounds a LOT more menacing (in fact, Dofla's fruit being similar to Luffy in that it's quite a generic idea but is mastered to the point of brilliance makes him so scary -although luffy has a bit of a way to go to reach that level.)

Anyway, if you think about it and with Oda being who he is, Kin'emon's devil fruit could just be a hint at some magic themed fruits. The ship talking is bugging me the most about Big Mom. Unless it's a tone dial on crack, there's something tricky going on there.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Well, I disagreed at first with you on Skype, and kept having doubts, even when you said there is a cannibalistic witch... But when you got to the part where it mentions the fact that this so called cannibalistic witch lives in a house made of cake and confectionery, I lost it. This amount of hints from just one appearance by her is too many. It is highly plausible, although I see two holes.

• First being the explanation of the acid-like effect her saliva produces. We need an explanation for that.
    • Second being what kind of fruit it is since we already have a magic-like fruit and the owner is Kine'mon.

Also one more thing. Maybe just maybe she is inspired by a witch and is portrayed to be a witch, just not with her devil fruit? We've seen characters like Fujitora inspired by fictional characters, but have devil fruits that are not related to their inspiration. Same goes with the three admirals, Donquixote Doflamingo and many more. My point is, it could be a character creation inspiration which is a great find either way by you, but not actually possessing a witch-like fruit.

It is still plausible for her to have a paramecia witch witch fruit or some sort of mythical witch zoan creature, and being a yonko means she mastered the fruit completely and knows so many tricks with it to the point where it's not even funny any more. You also bring up the singing and moving ship, it willingly looked at the sunny go indeed which gives it its own soul. I can totally see witches capable of doing that. I can totally see big mom being a really tricky opponent for Luffy if your theory is true, which I like.

Overall great theory, good job :).

The base of her fruit making her THE cauldron is actually a good theory. Cuz I was thinking... Witches usually have cauldrons and what not, and I don't see big mom rocking a real life physical cauldron at all. Still a little bit skeptical about why her saliva is acidic, but it does make the sound of when you add things to a "witch' cauldron".. Her stomach being very gluttonous could by the way be a drawback of the fruit! Magellan poops a lot, Big Mom eats a lot! Hah.. Interesting.

And about the fruit. It's actually no longer a hole cuz you brought something really important. Hawking having a magic-like fruit which has something to do with voodoo dolls, probabilities, cards, and transformations along with Kine'mon's magic-like fruit actually simply means there are more possibilities for magic fruits. And for a foe as strong as a yonko to have magic related things actually intrigues me.

Yeah, the issues I mentioned are minimized actually. Great job!

Divvens completely countered my two current issues. Read his reply if you haven't.

The only issue so far is whether the witch inspiration is based on a devil fruit or simply on the character only.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  4. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Added this little bit that I wanted to in the first post, but didn't think I had enough to speak about. But after @Krasse told me to add it, I did :p

Thank you :D

Well, for the acid-like effect, I looked into it but I couldn't find much information on a witches cauldron but a witch is always depicted to use a cauldron, where they cast spells and create items. It often always has this mixture in it that is boiling and acidic, it splashes out creating smoke and that noise that we all expect acid to create, the same that happens when Big Mom's saliva hits the ground. What if the ability/power has created her stomach/mouth to become the "cauldron", it's a bit silly I know but that's the best I can come up with if we talk strictly with regard only to witches. That may also explain her cannibalistic nature, maybe the humans she eats or the items she eats can be used in some way. Because I think the "saliva" isn't acidic, but her stomach produces the acids which is then passed via the saliva.

And with the amount of candy she eats, I'd frankly expect her to be a acidic mess inside >_> she must be spending more time in the bathroom than Magellan as well :rofl:

What kind of fruit, indeed. Because apart from Kine'mon, we've also seen Hawkins who can use black-magic related powers, with the voodoo dolls and card reading and stuff. But that does prove that multiple "magical" type DF's exist, Hawkins and Kine'mon. It can be a mythical fruit, or maybe just a normal fruit but Big Mom mastered it like no one ever could.

5. TheHierophant

TheHierophant

Bounty Points:
    .[/quote]
    http://***********/manga/one_piece/v66/c651/10.html
    I believe this May help solve the mystery it's actually the stomach acid, which as pointed out, due to her love of sugar would be extremely corrosive. I really like this theory, the link between the bakery eating witch in hansel and Gretel and the sugar village had me sold, I do think she may be a witch... Also we've seen magic hinted at through Basil Hawkins, I mean the range of his abilities seems ridiculous for the fact that he's consumed jus one fruit... Who knows!! ^_^

6. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Plausible, but that's one helluva stomach acid corrosion, doesn't her belly get affected then? Or it could be related to what @Divvens said regarding the Cauldron being within her and she conjures things through it as a witch. Cauldron Cauldron no mi. I do like that one. It is so vague and limitless, and with a yonko it would be mastered to no end.
    And yeah Hawkins and Kine'mon are magic DF users, although I'd like to know what kind of fruit Hawkins has since he can manipulate his shape, predict the future, manipulate cards, and incorporates voodoo dolls. It's really impressive.

I'm now fully on the Big Mom being a witch/magician train ^_^. Still have my doubts as to whether it's the fruit that was inspired or simply the character concept and scheme as we've seen with all four known admiral and many more.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  7. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    Very nice. I love this theory of yours.
    Just about everything seems to make sense and I hope it turns out this way because it would be quite interesting.

8. Kizaru D. Drake

Kizaru D. Drake

Bounty Points:
    I had discussed that possibility with a friend of mine before. The whole Hansel and Gretal thing popped into my head the minute I saw her eat a subordinate and her island. I hadn't thought about why her saliva was acidic or how it didn't mess with her. Adding the whole cauldron idea to it would make more sense. Lastly that damn singing and looking ship is creepy. As we know from various fairy tales depicting witches they've been shown in a variety of ways. One thing they all have in common is a black cat. That's where Pekoms comes in. Replacing the typical black cat we have a brown lion. This may also be far fetched but the Salem witch trials. It involved the weird behavior of a daughter and her niece. What if that three eyed girl is big moms daughter. While we don't have weird behavior we do have a weird looking person which would most likely creep out normal people. Just a theory of mine I thought I'd share.

9. Takt

Takt Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    At first I was pretty dismissive of this theory but after reading the first post and this one...good theory. :D I like the idea of the Cauldron and eating sugar has been known to cause acidity problems in the stomach so that fits in. Good job @Divvens

Maybe it's not entirely magical. Maybe her belly is like a Cauldron from which she can concoct and then spew various chemicals that can be used during battle. That would make the fruit a "Chemistry" based fruit of sorts and also, it is possible that she needs to keep eating sweets to keep her stomach acidic enough to produce these potions in the first place. As a side effect, her saliva is acidic.

10. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    If Big Mom is truly a witch and can use many different magic spells then I would expect Luffy to have a very difficult time fighting her.

All this time I could only imagine that huge, disgusting woman chasing after him really fast trying to eat him while she's drooling with a crazy expression on her face. How is Luffy supposed to fight a giant drool monster like her without being licked or swallowed?

I can't really imagine it but if she really turns out to be a witch then hopefully I can figure this imagination out.

I love that you went into so many details and you might be able to figure out more from her Jolly Roger and I expect that you have tried and are probably still trying to figure out more for this theory.

I suppose that it can also be a different type of witch that doesn't cast some sort of spell but this is still a good way to start off theorizing about her.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  11. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Hmm, that's interesting as well, a Chemistry based devil fruit.

You guys have come up with some interesting points :D

Yea I don't expect spells with a wand, but magical things happening around her due to her abilities.

12. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    Sounds lovely. I suppose that her ship coming alive is a magical thing. I wonder how that could affect the Sunny Go.
    This is a good theory and with it being a good plot for the series, I say we're going to have a very fun and interesting Big Mom arc. But whatever happens Oda won't disappoint. ;p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  13. 4Foot

4Foot

Bounty Points:
    i think this is the first time i have seen u agree wholeheartedly xD

only a tease.. plz don't have a debate with me or i'll run away D:

also, interesting theory :3

14. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    You must not see enough then. Maybe it's a rare scene.
    And don't worry I won't debate you but you may still run away ^.^

And of course. Divvens is a smart one like a few others I know so it wouldn't be odd if I don't agree with his theories. I prefer the sexy threads, that's all. ;p

15. Sengoku

Sengoku

Bounty Points:
    We never really had any MAGIC in One Piece so this will be really interesting, awesome theory! :D

16. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Kine'mon and Basil Hawkins are all about magic :eek:

Puffeh, Naito and Monkey D family like this.
  17. Sengoku

Sengoku

Bounty Points:
    Kinemon has a fruit! Still not magic and erm... Basil has a fruit! But but pure magical abilities have never been shown! D:

18. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    The whole theory is about magic devil fruits, not pure magic like a cauldron to conjure things or Harry potter wands :p
    If magic existed, it would've been shown much sooner. Anything out of the ordinary with one piece from now will be in the form of a devil fruit.

19. Sengoku

Sengoku

Bounty Points:
    Since Kinemon already has the magic one, what else could there be?
    inb4 Witch-Witch fruit xD

20. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    The fact that there is a magic fruit in OP confirms that there will be dozens of magic fruits.

Basil Hawkins' magic-like fruit allows him to manipulate voodoo dolls, transform, predict the future, and uses cards.

One of the possible things Big Mom might have is a cauldron cauldron no mi, where her stomach is a cauldron that can conjure limitless amounts of witchery. Give that power to an emperor, and they will master that fruit to the point where they can conjure anything. And a drawback might be eating humans and sweets as ingredients for the cauldron which causes acidic corrosion in her stomach. All possible, but most importantly is that there is no limit to what kind of fruit she can have when it comes to magic!

Puffeh, Naito, cocktailsquid and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice