News Attack on Titan 3rd Season's Promo Video Reveals July 22 Premiere

Discussion in 'Attack On Titan' started by NieR, Apr 27, 2018.

Share This Page

1. NieR

NieR

Bounty Points:
    Pony Canyon began streaming a promotional video on Friday for the third season of the Attack on Titan anime series. The video reveals that the series will premiere on July 22 at 24:35 (effectively July 23 at 12:45 a.m.) on NHK (the show will air at 25:15 in the Kansai region).

The official site has also revealed two new cast members. Kazuhiro Yamaji (One-Punch Man's Silver Fang, Psycho-Pass' Jouji Saiga) will play Kenny Ackerman, and Yūsaku Yara (The Legend of the Galactic Heroes' Narrator, Saint Seiya's Sagittarius Aiolos) will play Rod Reiss.

Returning staff members at Wit Studio include: chief director Tetsuro Araki, director Masashi Koizuka, script supervisor Yasuko Kobayashi, character designer Kyoji Asano, assistant director Hiroyuki Tanaka, chief animation directors Kyoji Asano and Satoshi Kadowaki, and composer Hiroyuki Sawano, among others.

Attack On Titan Season 3 will run for 24 episodes.
    Attack On Titan Season 3 Key Visual.

[​IMG]

via YonkoProductions
    https://twitter.com/YonkouProd

2. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Now this is a hyping news! Can't wait!!

3. NieR

NieR

Bounty Points:
    Kenny's VA is the same guy who voiced Guild Tesoro in OP GOLD :steef::firedup:

4. Fist_of_Love

Fist_of_Love

Bounty Points:
    Oh it gonna be lit :firedup::firedup::firedup:
    [​IMG]
    24 eps :wipesweat:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  5. Hiken_no_Esu

Hiken_no_Esu

Bounty Points:
    If they continue to adapt the manga well - this is going to be insanely good [:3]

6. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted Big Mom Cracker Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Sweet!! Summer looks like it's gonna be amazing!!

LogicoftheVI and Fist_of_Love like this.
  7. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    Yassss! And we get 24 episodes i hear! I am so Ready!

LogicoftheVI likes this.
  8. The Cat Burglar

The Cat Burglar

Bounty Points:
    24 episodes I'm crying tears

LogicoftheVI, Stray_mind and NieR like this.
  9. Kaiser

Kaiser Big Mom Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    I am so ready for this!! It's gonna be epic!!

LogicoftheVI likes this.
  10. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    They never really adapted the manga well. All the most important parts where the characters and their relationships get fleshed out are either cut from the anime or changed.

I expect Hanji to be sidelined and/or turned into a gag character this season again, even though These are the arcs in which both her and Levi get to shine.

I already see changes i dislike in this short trailer, and there will be even more of them in the anime.

LogicoftheVI and Hiken_no_Esu like this.
  11. Hiken_no_Esu

Hiken_no_Esu

Bounty Points:
    What do you think was changed from S2? :blobthink:

Edit: From what I recall in the anime;
    -Sasha's absence is evident
    -Eren's flashback (first ep) was from a later chapter.
    -Eren's childhood flashback (post first battle with Reiner) was mostly original to the anime.
    -Flashback between Christa and Ymir and was extended.
    -Marco's death FB and Ymir's backstory flashback were moved
    -Chronology at Utgard castle was shuffled a bit.
    -Some censoring: Bertholdt attacking at Utgard Castle, Mikasa taking off Reiner's arm.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    LogicoftheVI likes this.
  12. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    The plot twist is stupid, I feel people are going to get angry.

LogicoftheVI likes this.
  13. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    Hanji was treated a bit better in S2 than Season one, because she played a big role in the manga then, but they still Had to make her fangirl about Eren nodding his head, which was stupid af considering the situation they were in.

They keep pushing Mikasa as Eren's love interest and ignoring his bond to Armin (it's not about shipping, it's just that people are thinking all Mikasa cares about is Eren, which is Not the case in the manga, and Armin is not Just a smart friend, Eren has a bond with him, even deeper than with Mikasa.)

They cut the conversation between Levi and Erwin at the best parts, making Erwin seem cold and distant. It was a perfect moment to show the friendship Levi and Erwin share, beyond being the captain and the commander, also Levi laughed in that scene, even though just a little chuckle. They are afraid to make them look Human.

Characters are replaced in some scenes.

In S1 Armin was the one who pulled Eren out of his titan, Levi wasn't even present, because of his ankle injury.. And Armin was staying beside Eren, while in the anime they made Mikasa do it.
    Also the scene where Jean tries to break Annie's crystal and Levi calming him down, in the manga it was Hanji's subordinate, and Hanji was calming him down.

Even in S3 trailer Mikasa throwing the guy to the ground-Levi was doing it in the manga and it was the exact same action sequence. I wonder if levi will even be present there. Will they show Mikasa asking him about his leg?
    Mikasa Jumping off the horse and running to Eren-it was Hanji in the manga.

I am afraid about Hanji this season, as i know she will be sidelined so hard or turned into a reckless crazy scientist again...

That's why i prefer the manga instead of anime despite the soundtrack and good animation (though they made Levi so friggin' skinny this season it makes me cringe).

Sorry, this got a bit long.

There is a guy on Tumblr who compares the manga chapters to anime episodes. I will find his blog and post it, so you can see how many changes and important dialogue cuts there are.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  14. Hiken_no_Esu

Hiken_no_Esu

Bounty Points:
    Not at all ^^ I appreciate the time taken.

These are some great points. Yep, S2 was definitely adapted better than S1 but still ofc has problems. I get quite upset with the Levi changes, he's nerfed enough as it is in the manga (through Isayama) and they still take away some of his moments in the anime. The worst part is there seems to be zero justification or benefit for most of these changes. I feel quite bad for the anime-only watchers, I hope they read the manga at some point.

I'm definitely with you on that. There is no contest imo.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 29, 2018 ---
    Thank you :D

15. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    I don't think he is Nerfed in the manga at all, it's Very clear that he is in his own League, even Now. I mean, the guys need thunder spears to fight titans and he just goes in with a pair of swords, lol.

But the Anime team seems to push the Mikasa=Levi narrative. Did you see how they basically cardboard copy the entire Levi debut scene in S1 only with Mikasa in S2? :lmao:

Also the guy's blog is Survey corps potato and you can find his tag Snk comparisons to read them.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  16. Hiken_no_Esu

Hiken_no_Esu

Bounty Points:
    Well correct me if I'm wrong (cause I actually haven't read it myself) but didn't one of the Q&A's mention he couldn't use the new gear...? Cause if that's true that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read..........

hehe I guess they're trying to push the "next gen" aspect, pity that never really existed in the first place xD

17. NieR

NieR

Bounty Points:
    Funimation Acquires Attack on Titan Season 3

FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS – April 27, 2018. Funimation® announced today its acquisition of Season 3 of “Attack on Titan,” one of the top global anime franchises and a fan favorite with North American audiences from the moment it first premiered in 2013. As part of its agreement with Kodansha, Funimation has secured the international rights to home entertainment, video on demand and broadcast distribution of the series in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. The new season will premiere this July in Japan.

“We're thrilled to be bringing back 'Attack on Titan' for its third season in 2018 and on the heels of the series' long awaited and exciting return last year,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and founder of Funimation. “Everyone is anxious to see what's in store for the new season. Fans have been clamoring with non-stop speculation ever since Wit Studio released a Season 3 teaser poster last October. We will all soon find out later this year.”

Produced by Wit Studio in cooperation with Production I.G, the “Attack on Titan” (“Shingeki no Kyojin” in Japanese) anime series is adapted from the New York Times best-selling manga series by Hajime Isayama about the last of humanity fighting to survive against man-eating giants called Titans. To date, there are a total of 25 volumes in the manga series with an estimated 74+ million copies in print around the world.

The complete episodes from “Attack on Titan” Season 1 & 2 are available in ad-free, HD streaming on FunimationNow. Both seasons of “Attack on Titan” are also available on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD and can be purchased at funimation.com or from select retailers.

read more
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pr...ion-acquires-attack-on-titan-season-3/.130958

18. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    Ahhh, that one. Yeah, lol. Levi "couldn't adapt".. The man who is self taught in using 3dmg couldn't learn to throw a spear... gimme a break...

Well, he knows what works best for him i guess. But i still expect him to use the thunder spears, because there are spear holders on his uniform.
    And maybe Isayama just likes drawing Levi doing those badass spins. :D

I am worried that now Mikasa will be taking the spotlight though.
    *sigh* oh well.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  19. NieR

NieR

Bounty Points:
    Anime Recap: Attack on Titan Season 3, Ghibli Theme Park, & More!

Anime Recap is a weekly news show that brings you the latest anime news in bite-sized segments so you can stay up to speed on all the happenings in the world of anime! Here's our favorite highlights along with some helpful links so you can check out the stories yourself!

source
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...tack-on-titan-season-3-ghibli-theme-park-more

20. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Bounty Points:
    This looks great. Can't wait for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice