Discussion Anime vs Manga

Discussion in 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure' started by Dragomir, Feb 27, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Dragomir

Dragomir Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    JoJo is one of those series where the anime is a masterpiece, enough to the point where it can be discussed on which is better, manga or anime, similar to HxH. I'm heavily biased here as atm I'm only an anime-only so my choice is obviously the Anime, though I'm interested in hearing why one would choose the manga over the anime. Discuss!

QMS, Dango and Chris Mic like this.
  2. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar - The Villain - Wanted

Bounty Points:
    The only time I would prefer the manga is to have the HC.

Shame they will look insignificant to the new Berserk HC

QMS, Dango and Chris Mic like this.
  3. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    The anime is, imo, vast superior to the manga contents. Indeed, the manga may have the author's imprint all over it and it's still 10/10 for the most part, INVALUABLE. However, things like part 1 and 2 are near unreadable, while the anime offers them in 26 extremely digestible, fun to watch and fresh versions compared to the rough manga. Part 3's episodic weaknesses and draggy nature are lessened, meanwhile Part 4's slice of life world is reinforced in Part 4 even further, and the final 5 minutes of the Part 4 anime kick the ass of Part 4's manga finale HARD. Despite how much I like the anime over the manga though, I can NEVER deny the glory of the manga and I recommend every anime viewer to read it, at least from Part 4 onward :D

rayanOO, Dragomir, QMS and 2 others like this.
  4. Professor Finesser

Professor Finesser

Bounty Points:
    I don't think you can really debate the Manga vs Anime of HxH, the anime is by far superior. The quality is just better.

As far as Jojo's I think I prefer watching the anime, it's more accessible and it's of a high enough quality to where I'm not losing anything like I would with One Piece where I only watch the anime for certain scenes nowadays.

rayanOO, Dragomir, Chris Mic and 2 others like this.
  5. QMS

QMS

Bounty Points:
    What manga :))?

The latest 10 chapters are walls of text and some screeches on paper :)).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  6. Professor Finesser

Professor Finesser

Bounty Points:
    Exactly. And Togashi just isn't consistent with his art, he's been able to make beautiful pieces like this
    [​IMG]

And then you get art like this
    [​IMG]

But yeah Jojo anime is great

Dragomir, Dango, Chris Mic and 2 others like this.
  7. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Thankfully both the manga and the anime have amazing art and are executed perfectly. And Hirohiko Araki goes on hiatus once a year only for 1 month, 11 chapters of pure quality in each year is nothing to scoff at! Though of course some moments work better in the manga and some work better in the anime. For example, Killer Queen's reveal in the anime is lame (the next episode's first minute does a better job) meanwhile in the manga there is pure menace from it. And then there are moments where the anime exceeds ANY expectation, like right now with Part 5 we get to meet members of La Squadra early on and see them all interact instead of them showing up randomly one after another out of nowhere, it's beautiful!

QMS, Dragomir, Dango and 1 other person like this.
  8. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I really enjoy both formats! The Manga is beautifully written and drawn, and the anime...dear God, seeing it all come to life is gorgeous! It's like I was telling @Chris Mic yesterday, the colors and music are what really make it best.

9. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    I overall think there is a bit of misconception from anime only watchers by them thinking that Manga's quality is bad. Which is not the case. I mean it's understandable to think that, after the often times brought up meme of Duwang. TBH I was one of the few who also taught that the manga was bad.

I never read 1 to 4 but based on my understanding the only reason why the part 4 manga was deemed bad was because of the translators the "Duwang scans" where bad.

That's pretty much it. Nothing else.

Based on my reading of part 4 to 8 I would say the manga is 10/10

Is just the anime make a lot scene in manga insignificant in comparison.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    QMS, Nico Robin and Chris Mic like this.
  10. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Exactly, same with Part 5. Thankfully I started reading the manga the day after the Part 4 anime was announced. By then, it was fully colored and well-translated and I LOVED it, I read all of Part 4 in one day! But then Part 5 was shitty, shitty scans, shitty translations, I mostly skimmed through it. I hated it but now I am re-reading parts of it along with the anime and it's actually magnificent, one of the best parts!

I think the manga for the first 2 parts isn't very good, part 3 is where it starts to be good, and it's 10/10 for sure.

QMS, Nico Robin and Dango like this.
  11. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    Oh didn't know that about Part 1 and part 2 in the manga xD

Basically for only anime Watchers If you want to read the Manga after watching the anime, you can without having to worry about scans translations. Tbh if you have caught up the manga you will be still able to have equal enjoyment to the anime because of how good and Talented David Production is in each episodes.

In a nutshell, JoJo is currently great on both mediums.

QMS, Nico Robin and Chris Mic like this.
  12. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    The Anime is simply amazing. Just wished they would animate part 7 already...

Nico Robin, Dango and Chris Mic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice