Discussion Alternatives to Norman's Solution.

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by TMWRS, Feb 4, 2019.

Share This Page

1. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    For those who have read 120, you'll all know that to put things bluntly, Norman's plan is to wipe out the demons as a means to save all the human children in the demon-controlled side of the world. In defence of Norman, he probably didn't come up with his current solution as a matter of revenge but as a matter of it being the most effective option out of all the options he may have considered, and it clearly has majority support.

It's all good to oppose a solution that has some glaringly obvious ethical problems but mere opposition isn't enough if there is not an alternative solution, which is the purpose of this thread: coming up with alternative solutions to that of Norman's. Factors recommended for consideration include time, resources, viability (chances of success), moral/ethical considerations and costs (as in lives).

Emma (when she finds the courage) might propose that they should find an (ethical/moral) way to not make it necessary for the demons to eat humans as a means to maintain their form. Clearly such a solution would not have time on its side nor would it be very logical but it would be consistent with Emma's character and is still within the realm of possibility since they can visit Mujika who hasn't eaten humans for a long time but is still very much maintains a clear mind; getting to her would be difficult since they have to avoid various adversaries.

2. The クンフー ジュゴン

The クンフー ジュゴン

Bounty Points:
    I guess something to do with the Gods of this world, wherever they are. There is definitely some crazy mystic shizz going down in The Promised Neverland.
    However, I do hope if they go down that road that there isn't some deus ex machina waiting for them at the end. A part of any great story tends to be conflict, and in this case, the morality of the kids actions is major factor. For Emma at least.

Aside from that however... if it were possible to somehow bestow Musica's bloodline ability to more demons, then perhaps a solution could be made. Even then, peace might be challenging though. The demons adore human meat. Even if we look at Sung Joo, a disciple of Musica, I doubt he'll happily accept that he can't ever eat human again. The whole reason he let those children go was purely because he desired the free range stuff.

Blue Rose and DuttyAsmodeus like this.
  3. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    So to my mind, after chapter 127 the matter looks like this:

Norman's plan will proceed and fail at some point, but in a very advanced stage.

Meanwhile Ray and Emma will go on their own mission that will ultimately succeed, maybe just as Norman's plan fails.

As the person above (sorry but I can't tag you with such name xD ) said - Musica's blood alone won't cut it, since demons will still carve human meat.
    However there comes the mystical part.

Let's analyze the promise a little - the promise changed the laws of the world and separated human and demon universes. How did they change those laws? It was done in Kvitahala (I'm aware I spelled it wrong) where Emma met the godly creature as well.

So this mystical god, or whatever it is - can hange the rules of universe.

What of with his help demons anatomy (which was already established as unstable) changed in a way they wouldn't want human meat or human meat would work like a poison on them?

Laws of this world can be changed and as we saw before they left the shelter - Emma has some idea how to connect to those powers.

That is a loose theory though. But it seems pretty cool. And if accesing those powers will be difficult because of demons protecting it - we may get Lord of the Rings kind of situation ( you know Frodo and Bilbo on their mission, and human armies on another, still they overleap)

4. The クンフー ジュゴン

The クンフー ジュゴン

Bounty Points:
    Haha, yeah I didn't anticipate that when I made it :rofl:

I like the Frodo journey analogy. It definitely makes sense. Emma being the trump card when all else goes wrong, and true enough, since the kids won't be fighting apparently, they'll have plenty of free time to go on their own journey.

Blue Rose likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice