Powers & Abilities All the All Stars are Swordsmen now.

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by ImmaIvanoM, Mar 13, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Whose swordsmanship matter more among the All Stars?

1. King

80 vote(s)
    87.9%
  2. Queen

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. Jack

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    Okay, I’m a big proponent of “If Oda is showing a character primarily with a sword all the time, then they are a Swordsman” a la Shanks, a la Mihawk, The World’s Strongest of All Swordsmen... And so I can’t ignore those sabers Queen is holstering and so as of Now, Queen is a Swordsman until maybe he goes the Pica route of tossing his sword once he realizes he ain’t shit. Though I doubt this will happen since Freakin Jack is technically a Swordsman so I don’t think Queen is wearing swords for fashion when his inferior can actually do shit with his.

So there you have it, All the All-Stars are swordsmen since King has a sword too. And I’m gonna assume none of them go the route of Katakuri who pulls out his spear for like three attacks in an entire 11 hour fight since once again, Jack doesn’t seem to be a scrub in swordsmanship so I don’t expect his superiors to then be scrubs.

It seems this is sort of expected since nearly all the Sweet commanders were Swordsmen and this is Wano so Swordsmen matter even more here.

Of course, the only Swordsman of the above who matters is the one who Zoro fights at the end of arc since Zoro is literally the only character in the main cast who Swordsmanship matters to. The rest can be important to the plot and can even be strong fighters and everything, but their swordsmanship won’t matter as much as the one who actually gets involved in the plot of the character who actually cares about swordsmanship and everything.

Now I think it’s King who will be Zoro’s opponent because I believe King is the Strongest Swordsman in Wano and that is only important in the plot regarding Zoro and here’s why.

Some trivia regarding King. In Oda’s One shot, Monsters, where Ryuuma was first introduced, the Strongest Swordsman in the country was called the KING of Swordsmen and Ryuuma was traveling to find and defeat him. I won’t spoil who the King of Swordsmen was but short story shorter, Ryuuma ended up acquiring the title of King of Swordsmen by the end. I believe the use of the name King for the Calamity has a double meaning. First it matches the Card theme of the Beast Pirates and second, it’s a reference to Monsters, to say that King is in fact the strongest swordsman currently in Wano.

It’s pretty fitting that Ryuuma gained his fame by becoming King of Swordsmen and Killing a collosal monster that flies and breaths fire. So let’s see, King will get defeated so in a roundabout way whoever does it will be “King”, Check. King has wings and a flying DF, Check. King is on fire and as his Monicker suggests, it wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine he breaths fire, Check. Wow, it’s almost like the person who defeats King will be pulling off feats comparable to Ryuuma, I wonder who that could be.

Anyway that’s all regarding the beast pirates all being Swordsmen.

2. Nessos

Nessos

Bounty Points:
    Only Jack :)

Suuuuper likes this.
  3. Law0

Law0

Bounty Points:
    King is definitely the best swordsman among them. To me it looks like Oda put more detail into King's katana over Jack's shotel blades and Queen's cutlasses so I think it's probable King has a meito.

4. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    Yeah the way Jack’s Sword was just cut through like that really indicates his sword doesn’t matter much... Yeah, I forgot to consider the design of the swords... Design wise, King’s sword does seem more important

Suuuuper, Cyrus the Cactus and BOCCHI like this.
  5. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23

Bounty Points:
    For Jack and Queen, its probably not their main form of fighting. I fully expect Jack to have a form of Fishman Karate (if he matches up with Jinbe considering hes part fishman at least) and Queen to have a form of Newkama Kenpo to force Sanji to use his (we have yet to see what he learned from Moimoro and we can tell hes embarrassed to use the fighting style). Itll be hilarious when his opponent sees him use it

Suuuuper likes this.
  6. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    I also think Jack matters more in general plot but I don’t think his swordsmanship will matter in the end... I mean we’ve seen get into two sword fights so far and he has been impressive but that was more due to being a tank with like endless stamina and strength other than him doing something with his swords necessarily... And since his final fight is probably against Sulong Inuarashi and Nekomamushi, it think in the end it will all end up a pure brawl with Jack going Hybrid... That is, unless the dukes can still use their swords in Sulong as well

7. Nessos

Nessos

Bounty Points:
    You got me wrong.
    For me Ja k is the least important of the 3, but the only real Swordsman.
    The other 2 are more impprtant, but only have swords for decoration ;)

lone wolf likes this.
  8. Jo_Ndule

Jo_Ndule

Bounty Points:
    Jack cant be the least important lol
    Plotwise
    Jack is bigger

His story is linked with minks directly
    King and queen defeat changes nothing much.

Anyway

They are not swordmen
    They just use swords but they arent swordmen all 3

Kyro Kakugi and MarrcoThePhoenix like this.
  9. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    See then you would ask why they are decorations... I mean if it’s like freakin Katakuri who barely remembers he has a spear that is way more effective than all the punches he keeps throwing, then meh I guess... Oda can do that shit again, but he’d have to somehow convince us that plain Zoan Hand to hand combat is more interesting than one of them just using the swords they are carrying around since Katakuri at least had his Mochi powers and Future sight to make it somewhat interesting

And then back to Zoro, if Jack is the best Swordsman in the country then who will Zoro fight? Because I’m very sure Jack is gonna be spared for Inuarashi and Nekomamushi... It seems the only other option is to say Zoro fights like Kyoshiro who is definitely not as strong as All stars and the arc ends with Zoro just barely beating a person below commander level
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 13, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 13, 2019 ---
    But two out of two fights we’ve seen Jack in, he’s pulled out his swords... And those were the fights he stalemated in so he isn’t just pulling out his swords for Fodder fights either

Cyrus the Cactus likes this.
  10. StealthBlack

StealthBlack

Bounty Points:
    Gonna say queen because of his dual wielding style. When you wield 2 swords you are more likely based on swordmanship then someone who can't even use sword in his zoan form. Jack got his sword broken easily so he can't be that good.

11. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    I think jack only uses his swords in base form. In hybrid he uses fishman karate imo

12. Jimmy_D._ean

Jimmy_D._ean

Bounty Points:
    Just cause a character uses a sword doesn't mean they are primarily a swordsman.

YoungCoby, Kyro Kakugi and MarineHQ62 like this.
  13. red admiral

red admiral

Bounty Points:
    are you kidding me?

King for sure

14. Rivaille

Rivaille

Bounty Points:
    @ImmaIvanoM You should know by now that there is a shot ton of requirements to be considered a swordsman and that only Mihawk, Vista, Zoro and characters perceive to be weaker than Zoro fullfilled those requirements.
    Therefore no, none of the all stars are swordsmen. They just carry swords with them for the lol.

15. Jawa22

Jawa22

Bounty Points:
    jack technically didn't use swords, not all bladed weapons = swords.

16. ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

Bounty Points:
    Jack seemed more like an executioner than a swordsman

Jo_Ndule likes this.
  17. MarineHQ62

MarineHQ62

Bounty Points:
    When are you still considered a sole swordsman?

18. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Probably king. He is carrying a Katana, that in my opinion is a sign he is a much high level swordman.

Kibi D. Ango likes this.
  19. Kibi D. Ango

Kibi D. Ango Shiro-T Poison Wanted Cracker Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Again... Not everyone who carries a sword is a swordsman.
    I can only explain it like this
    1-There are those who follow the way of the sword e.g Mihawk ,Zoro, Vista, Wano Samurai (they are known for their way or style of the sword)

2-Those who use a swords but are not recognized for their swordsmanship e.g Law, fujitora big mom, shanks (they have never been hyped for their way of the sword nor do they have a swordsmanship epithet)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  20. Zeroishero

Zeroishero

Bounty Points:
    but Oh my Mihawk :p lol..is diamond Jozu a swordsmen? Then what stops WB from being called swordsmen? And BM?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice