Future Arcs & Events Akainu, and the Marines

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by TheoryKing, Apr 6, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Would you like it if this happened?

1. yes

17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    The Marines over the past 2 years have grown in powerful like never before. And this goes perfectly with the fact, that the amount of pirates have also increased. Now we know there is the theme of Marines vs Pirates /Cops vs Robbers in the manga. And that when the criminals get bigger and more, then the cops must also get powerful. And who better to lead the marines than the one who has the ambition to wipe down all criminals, Akainu. Is he extreme? yes, but does he also have the ambition?? yes. Somebody like Aokiji, hasn't shown the same ambition as him, as far as trying to get rid of pirates. So out of the marines, they have the best person leading the Marines.

Now lets talk about the Marines themselves. They did a worldwide draft , meaning a draft that probably applied to all countries that are under the world government (170+ or so). And from that draft, the Marines attained 2 powerhouses Fujitora, and the Green Bull. In addition their already pre-existing powerhouse Kizaru. Now we have a taste of the strength of the purple tiger, but we still don't know how strong the Green Bull is. Also, since it was a draft that was made to strengthen the marines.. then its also assumable that the Marines gained some super strong Vice-Admirals or other low ranking members.

The other thing that happened with the Marines that was major is the fact that Akainu moved the Marines HQ into the New world, aka the home of the Yonko. And with this he is pretty much warning the 4 biggest pirates, and preparing to take them down. Which would also go back to his reason for the military draft and strengthening the Marines. HOWEVER, this is not the only reason.. the other big factor in him strengthening the Navy is the Revolutionary Army, growing stronger over the course of time.

What did the Marines do in the 2 years?

- Military draft
    - Move HQ to the New world.

Why did the Marines do this?

To strengthen their forces, from 2 big threats. The Yonko and the Revolutionaries.

Now that we have that set up, lets move on to the next part of the thread, where the "speculation" comes into play.

The Green Bull and making a statement:

The green bull is the admiral that hasn't been shown so far, but is said to be a powerful beast. How strong? strong enough to fill the spot that Akainu and Aokiji once held. Now we also know a big event is coming up for a certain Yonko, where a lot of the famous pirates will be gathered. On the other hand the Marines really haven't made an impact so far in the New World, ever since they moved their HQ in the New World. So what better way to make an impact to send the Green Bull into the territory of a Yonko, and have a legit Admiral vs Yonko fight.

Why the Green Bull coming in the wedding? And what impact it would make?

Reason:

The Marines are an entity that is the opposite of Pirates. However, they're supposed to be bigger than the pirates considering they police all the big 4 oceans and the grandline. Dealing with not only pirates but with thugs, revolutionaries and so on.. Yet the Marines have only shown to possess 4 top tier fighters during this era. Why is that?? So there is a lack of showcasing in power. To a point where a certain amount of fan believe that at the MF they brought in majority of their fighters (which is impossible considering they have over 150+ branches outside the grandline, and 5 branches inside the grandline). SO what better way to showcase the power of the marines than introducing the New admiral in the land of Big Mom, and introducing some other powerful low-ranked Marines?

The second reason is, Akainu. Akainu has shown his dislike of pirates and "Criminals".. And from his actions during the timeskip, it is obvious he is taking an aggressive approach to the Yonko. So what better to tell the pirates "Marines are coming, so watch out". To have an Admiral take out a Yonko? It not only creates a big emphasis on the upcoming pirates, but on the Final War as well.

Impact:

- Will make the Marines into a big threat, that will show the world that they can handle the revolutionaries and the Pirates. Which would then increase the suspense for the clash of the WG and the RA.

- Can give a good reason to set up Akainu as one of the Big bosses luffy has to face before Pirate King title.

- New faces of the Marines. Newer Marine characters, introduced. And it'll put the thought in many fans "Ok, so Marines really are policing the world, and not just spectators, on the side watching as the pirates clash it out.

Conclusion:

The Green Bull interrupts Big Mom's party with some new marines and some old marines that we were introduced to in part 1, and then slays Big Mom. This also adds a new plot twist instead of "young pirates beat old pirates to take their spot". And this would also help avoid Luffy gaining a huge powerboost in just 1 arc (unless folks want it to turn into Naruto/Bleach xD) to take on a Yonko.

Likelihood of this happening:
    10% at best. Why? because Oda seems to be going in the direction of the "young beating the old, new era beating the old era". BUT I will be going with this to happen. :D.

SO do you think the Green Bull might come and fuck up Big Mom? Do you want it to happen? would it be a good plot twist?? Or you want the classic case of "new generation beating the old", and want luffy to gain a huge powerboost? Leave your thoughts, and answer the questions if ya can. GRACIAS

2. Bounty

Bounty Wanted! Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Hmmm, I don't think that 1 admiral can come out and take out a yonko on her on base when the vinsmokes are there so chances are 0% even if he was powerful he does not stand a chance against big mom and the vinsmokes.

3. Water Luffy D. Kid

Water Luffy D. Kid

Bounty Points:
    Great theory and TBH that will be a great way to introduce green bull

4. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    Thats assuming Vinsmoke would help the Big Mom pirates, considering they also have a hand with the WG.

And it won't be just 1 Admiral, it'd be an admiral and his fleet. Just like the Yonko have their fleets. Green Bull would come in with a fleet.

I'm saying he'd be disguised first, and then at the right time, he'd reveal himself and then the Marine ships come out as well. Allowing a perfect opportunity for the Strawhats to escape as well.

cocktailsquid, minions and Bounty like this.
  5. OnePieceMaster

OnePieceMaster

Bounty Points:
    Even if green bull is tanking a lot of fire power in his bones, even though he's a beast, it would be suicide (795- no pun intended XD) for an admiral to attack the base of a yonkou even if he has some strong VAs with..and the tea party will be packed with attendees who are also strong pirates that wouldn't let the navy have their way.

Yeah it would be nice to introduce green bull in the upcoming arc, but I believe Oda is saving him for a little later just like how he did with the old admirals. Kuzan early in the series, Kizaru next then Akainu later on in a confrontation. With the order now being Kizaru, Fujitora then Greenbull later in a confrontation.

But I like what you have to say. It's likely. Good work!!

TheoryKing and Kyro Kakugi like this.
  6. Bounty

Bounty Wanted! Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    If you said that they were equal I'd agree but green bull beating big mom on her own island? No Bruh

namiitoitonomi. and TheoryKing like this.
  7. Aru

Aru

Bounty Points:
    Nice one... I'd really love to see Green Bull introduced in a really aggressive way.

Plus, I totally dislike the idea of Luffy fighting Big Mom now... The focus should be on kaidou at the end of this arc... Fighting both Yonkous would be an excessive overpowering of Luffy and the gang...

Maybe Green Bull plus CP-0 versus Big Mom and her gang? And Luffy and co. fight the Vinsmokes instead...

TheoryKing and Kingofthebongo like this.
  8. Sanzen

Sanzen

Bounty Points:
    Good and interesting theory ;)

I can't wait to see Green Bull Admiral...

Arcana and TheoryKing like this.
  9. Beast of Rendall

Beast of Rendall

Bounty Points:
    An interesting proposition, though I can't imagine an Admiral defeating a Yonko + all of their minions.

The most likely scenario I can imagine is the Marines hearing about the tea party and sending Green Bull to investigate (or possibly Fujitora, since he has to capture Luffy and Law and would probably expect Luffy to be there if Sanji was getting married off). The Marines would arrive on the tail end of the arc, providing enough of a distraction for Luffy and co to escape Whole Cake Island.

TheoryKing likes this.
  10. devious

devious

Bounty Points:
    Wow very good theory. I've heard that Oda is a big fan of game of thrones so this tea party can be his version of the red wedding.

I see the only way for that to come true is for germa 66 to betray BM. Then luffy will try to help her. BM will lose a large portion of her crew/influence at the wedding but will gain an alliance with luffy. She may not be in Luffy's fight with Kaido, since she will be recovering from her red wedding. But she will help in the final war after one piece is discover.

One thing I disagree is Akainu showing off the might of the Marines this way. The fall of BM will cause havoc throughout the world. So the Marines have to restore order soon. Akainu will do this by launching a global war against pirates. This will be possible since other pirates will be busy fighting each other for BM territories.

I wanted BM as Luffy ally because he needs more powerful friends if he is to take on the might of BB and WG.

TheoryKing likes this.
  11. bufferunderrun

bufferunderrun

Bounty Points:
    Honestly the probability for that to happen is less than 10% and not because Oda go the young beat the old but because the Marine and the WG seem to leave the Yonkos alone and they risk a war with them only in some special circumstances (like Ace being Roger son).
    If a marine admiral show up at the wedding mean that the marine is well prepared for a full on war with a yonko (and possibly the Vinsmoke) and i don't think even a crazy zealot like Akainu would do it (and probably the Gorousei would stop him).

TheoryKing likes this.
  12. Aka Hata X

Aka Hata X

Bounty Points:
    Green bull showing his face and a little showcase of his ability seems pissible but a full out brawl vs big mom seems unlikely, also what happened to coby/meppo since garp pretty much left the marines and training with him was probably their biggest featute but without him they're like any other officer

TheoryKing likes this.
  13. sandiego206

sandiego206

Bounty Points:
    why just green bull? if they want to make an impact against a yonko they would need to use all 3 admirals and maybe more, just like what happened with whitebeard

TheoryKing likes this.
  14. Dave

Dave Wanted! Wanted Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    interesting theory but
    a admiral stepping into a yonko base is declaration of war
    to stop whitebeard and his commanders full force of marines was required how can one admiral and few marines assassinate big mom and get away with it

TheoryKing and Kyro Kakugi like this.
  15. takDPer

takDPer

Bounty Points:
    Yeah who knows what is akainu ext powers looks like but aokiji try it and his leg is gone.... yeah its akainu ERA .

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    TheoryKing likes this.
  16. Water Luffy D. Kid

Water Luffy D. Kid

Bounty Points:
    Where does it show or state that harp left the marines
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 7, 2016 ---
    I was thinking. It could be 1 admiral and a cipher pol

TheoryKing likes this.
  17. minions

minions

Bounty Points:
    I don´t think GreenBull will atack bigmom not because he/she doesn´t want to but because of what Pekoms said, Bigmoms power comes from knowlege and alliances, so if Greenbull was to atack Cake Island Bigmom would know about it.
    we saw Vergo, a high ranking marine that in the end was an infiltrator from the Donquixote family, and that was a shishibukai, so i´ll assume that bigmom will have high ranking marine CP and World Gov. officers on her payrol and that they will keep her updated about all marine moves.
    so i´ll have to say no i don´t see Greenbull ataking Bigmom right now.

TheoryKing likes this.
  18. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    You seem to be really certain, that this is going to happen. This isn't the first place I've seen you post this.

But again, i doubt this is going to happen. Admiral just waltz's in to an Emperor's territory, and defeats them. Seems like your underestimating the Emperor's again, like i said before.

But, you're entitled to your opinion. Also, we aren't really sure how much more powerful the marines have gotten, but it is said they have gotten so, under Sakazuki's leadership. Though by saying that, the pirates have also gotten more powerful.

As for moving his base to the New World. He's just ambitious like that, Sengoku never would of done that. But, he surely has a plan, just not sure what it is. No one really seemed concerned he moved his base to the New World. But, we did see the consequences of that move. Pirates seem to be running amok, back in the first half of the grand line, we see a glimpse of it in Saboady.

Though, i won't lie, i do want to see Green Bull as well. The anticipation is killing me :D

TheoryKing likes this.
  19. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    But can't an admiral be powerful enough to beat a yonko in a high diff fight?

Hmm, the CP-0 moving in, would also be neat. But what if the Vinsmoke themselves get divided and have a fight, that could also work. Because I think what Luffy needs is , isn't an actual fight like the previous arc. But retrieve Sanji, and get out of there type of a mission. So the arc doesn't become slow again, and we're stuck with few strawhats xD.

From the Cp-0 who would you have go in? And with the Green Bull, would you want someone like Smoker or another marines from part 1 there as well?? (Big mom vs green bull, Luffy vs smoker :D)

same!!

Well its not like the admiral is going in there by himself. He'll have Vice-Admirals and etc. Thats what I mean that this would showcase the power of the marines.

Because which powerful people do you think of , when talking about the marines?? the 4 admirals, nobody else right? But on the other hand, Marines are supposed to be the counter to the "pirates". Yet only 4 of them have shown to be super strong. While there are plenty of OP pirates, other than the 4 Yonko.

Ok so the way that I'm taking Akainu in this scenario, is that if you look at his character, and what hes been doing so far. You also then look at his conversation with the Gorosei, hes not the type of person to rely on even the warlords (who are part of the balance). And the balance would be broken in 1 aspect, but in the other aspect the Marines would've gotten rid of a big time criminal. Because the balance of the Marine HQ/WArlords/Yonko has already been broken, when WB died, and now when Doflamingo/Law defected from the Warlords.

And instead of other pirates fighting for BM territories, the Marines then go take those territories themselves. OR the revolutionaries move in.

It'd be weird for luffy to have an ally , that eats her own comrades in my opinion. xD

I doubt its going to turn into a "full on war", when what i'm thinking of more is an ambush. And from Sakazuki's exchanges against Whitebeard, and just the things he said in the Marineford war, I don't think he cares about risking a war.

And the WG had not been doing anything to the yonko for maybe around 10-15 years? (the time frame, when Garp/Sengoku started declining from their primes.) And plus Sengoku's view is different on things, and those times were also a bit different. But that is why Sengoku retired, because it was time for the new generation to do their thing. Because even during Sengoku/Garp's time, theses guys were going after people like Roger/Whitebeard/Shiki.. So its not that abnormal for Akainu to start the things back up, with the top marines chasing down the top pirates.

what ya think? :D

No clue at the moment, hopefully we'll see them soon. Maybe they show up with the Green Bull? muahahahah.

Because that'd mean the Marines require all 3 admirals to take down a Yonko.

And with Whitebeard, they were taking on the guy with the biggest fleet, that we know of so far from the yonko. And difference between then and here is that the current Marines are more stronger than the Marines few years ago. And another difference is, this is the Marines ambushing a Yonko. So not a full out face to face war like with Whitebeard.

It is man. I'm really curious about the statement "The marines have gained unprecedented power", surely 2 admirals doesn't mean they became more powerful than before. Which means, they got more strong people who aren't admirals.

You know that might be a neat idea as well. We really haven't seen CP- 1 as well.

But the most knowledgeable people are the WG/Marines :D. And Big mom would know about it, only if it was a planned war, that the marines announced to all the marines and so on. But if it is an ambush.. thats an entirely different story.

And can't the marines do the same?? Corozan did it to a Warlord. So, they might be able to do similar stuff to a yonko?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 7, 2016 ---
    We've seen a Yonko just walk into the territory of not only an admiral, but the territory of the Fleet admiral and the 3 admirals, and Garp the Hero, and pretty much destroy the entire island. So why can't the Marines do the opposite to the yonko, but in an ambush form.

Butttt Likelihood of this happening: 10% at best. ;( :lmao:

minions, Blazen91 and Aru like this.
  20. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    Yeah i don't see it happening sorry mate. The marines have had their time to shine, back in the war. Now it's time for the Emperor's to show how awesome they're. As interesting as it sounds, i just can't see it.

Plus it wouldn't be much of an ambush, especially how well informed the Emperor's are. They would know they're coming, before they even get there.

namiitoitonomi. and minions like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice