Private Afternoon at the Riverfront

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by Fire Tiger, Feb 13, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    "It's definitely breathtaking view. Me and my mates came here once for.....some sight seeing. Yeah that what it was some innocent sight seeing, nothing else. Anyway how about we set some ground rules. We can fight until one gives up or is incapable of fighting anymore. As for the bet."

Kilij brought a finger to his chin as if he was thinking of the options. After a few seconds his hand moved to his waist where he removed his money pouch and threw it on the floor. With the sound of clattering coins Kilij spoke once again.

"I'll bet all my money. How about you? Those items you got before seem of equal value to this amount. So how about you bet that?"

As he spoke Kilij started to take his distance and removed his twin blades from their scabbard. Keeping an eye on Nero his stretched his limbs to warm up his muscles. With a light warm up, he took a fighting stance. While he did this static electricity seemed surge from all over his body.

Oreki likes this.
  2. Oreki

Oreki I don’t care if no one likes me. Wanted

Bounty Points:
    "Sure. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Shall we begin?"

Nero didn't wait for it to finish and ran over. There is no need to talk further, and it's a bet that Nero willing to take it either it's for good or bad. Nero slowly moved his right hand and placed it on the hilt of the sword that was hanging to his back. Pulling out the sword slowly, Nero pointed the blade at Kilij.

"Do what you desire, but I don't expect to lose."

As long as Nero can say the reasons that for accepting the Duel by kilij, it's fine because he can take it. Nero chooses to take a step back, gripping his sword tightly in his right hand.

"Phoenix" he murmured in a voice that difficult to hear. Nero maintains his sword horizontally above his shoulder of his right arm that was holding the swords, and then Nero starts to perform a circular swing to launch the air compressed projectile spiraling towards the Kilij. To slash him from the distance that uses air itself.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  3. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilij saw the sword slash moving at high speeds through the air heading straight to him. But at this Kilij didn't panic. With his legs arranged in a sturdy pose that anchored him strongly to the earth, Kilij crossed his blades in front of him to form an X with them. In this configuration Kilij blocked the incoming strike without being pushed back at all.

Shaking off the impact that reverberated through the bones of his arms, Kilij dashed straight at Nero. The Tiger Mink was pouncing with full strength at the opposing human, but when he was within striking range stopped and simultaneously skipped to the side. With both of his blades he swung horizontally at Nero. In this way he gave the impression of a frontal attack, but veered off at the last moment and came from the side.

This fancy footwork hopefully also helped him avoid direct retaliation and if for some reason his adversary were to inadvertently touch him they would come in contact with his electro covered body that would result in a shock.

Oreki likes this.
  4. Oreki

Bounty Points:
    Kilij legs were arranged in the sturdy pose, he crossed his blades making X form with them. Confronting Nero attack and able to stop that without being push back.

"Well it was starting to get boring anyway"

Kilij comes towards the Nero, with both of his blades he swung horizontally at him. Nero got the impression that might be a frontal attack, but in the last moment, Kilij decides to come from the side.

"I think I'll pass." Nero reaction speed allows him to respond to a Kilij side sword attack. The speed of his reactions play a large part in his battle and it's always helpful.

While performing a dodging with his good reflexes Nero didn't waste a moment as he was ready to perform an attack with his sword "Slash"

Nero consists of a single horizontal slash that is carried out by focusing the weight of his body on the right foot before he moved his sword back slightly, then he lifted his left foot due to the inertial weight of the sword and decide to shift the weight to the left side of the body, thus converting the strength in the swinging motion inside the legs and waist from the hands to the tip of the waist into power for the sword swing.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  5. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Nero dodged Kilij's attack and responded with a horizontal swipe of his own. This gave Kilij a few alternatives on how to react. First he could block the blow with his own swords. But on the long run this would bring a lot of wear and tear to his equipment. The second option was to dodge the incoming hit. Kilij favored this move since it would position him for his counter attack. Although it might seem like he took a lot of time to consider his next move, it all happened in split second.

With his decision made, Kilij shot low to the ground narrowly avoiding the sword strike that passed over his head. In the same motion he swung his to swords horizontally in an outward motion aiming at Nero's legs. With his left sword swinging from right to left and his right sword swinging left to right almost like opening a pair of scissors.

Oreki likes this.
  6. Oreki

Bounty Points:
    "That's it," Nero said, suddenly Nero exert a force on his sword so as to cause movement towards himself. So Nero immediately holds the blade tight, and kicked against the ground and leaped up in the backward position to evade the Kilij attack that meant for his legs.

The way that mink moved showed that there was no mistaking that he has good reflexes and reaction speed on his own, perhaps he trains hard, but they can be his mink instincts.

In order not to let the mink make his move again, Nero quickly leaped his right foot again with all strength as the moment he landed on the ground. Then straight up and speed up in his direction, Nero sword technique activated by keeping the body low and bent forward while placing the sword in a parallel manner to Nero's right leg and then drawing the sword back. A charge-type skill that allows Nero to close a distance of about ten meters in nearly an instant and consists of an upward slash from the right.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  7. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    The latest move from Nero was coming fast, far faster than the Mink expected. To cover such ground in such a quick manner wasn't an easy feat. For that reason he found hard to dodge and only managed to raise one of his swords to block the strike. At the same time he used the other sword to pierce the ground and stop himself from being pushed back. When it was all over the Tiger Mink had blocked most of the attack, but the thin strip of blood that appeared over his chest showed that a small part of the enemy's blade made contact with his flesh.

Seeing blood on him, the Mink smiled. "Tora-tora-tora-tora-tora." Laughed Kilij as he spoke to Nero. " Now this is starting to get exciting! There's never a good fight without blood. Let's draw out much more!" Said Kilij with a big grin. As he spoke he removed the clothes from his upper body so they won't get tattered anymore and left himself bare chested. Suddenly Kilij became serious and sheathed his swords.

Placing both hands by his left sword, one on the scabbard the other gripping the hilt. He stood with his body slightly twisted sideways and performed a one sword drawing move. "Tora Sonson!" He shouted as he performed his renamed version of the famous sword drawing attack.

[Ittoryu Iai: Tora Sonson ( meaning "One Sword Style Draw and Resheath Technique: Tiger's Song"): Placing the sheathed sword upright and listening to the "breath" of his opponent, the attacker rapidly unsheathes, attacks, and resheathes their sword. An interesting note is that the user does the technique back-handed as opposed to from the waist with a standard grip on the sword. (21 Strength, 11 Mastery) Destructive Potency Rank: C]

Oreki likes this.
  8. Oreki

Bounty Points:
    Most of the time Nero manner of speaking was usually filled with jokes but thought a little about accepting the good parts of what Kilij just said at face value.

"Tough guy, huh? Well..." There was no expression of a bit of pain, but Nero said while half-jokingly "I know this is a major cultural artifact but it's bad for the community"

"Well, I guess it doesn’t matter right now. Let's finish this fight."

"Shuffle" Started with the left to right using his left hand ready to perform a horizontal slash. Kilij attack wasn't fast enough to distract or not let Nero time to make his his next move, Nero processed to jump in the right side before Kilij attack made contact, in instant Nero Jumped at Kilij direction leaving the dust particles that lifted by the wind that produced by Nero jump. As Nero reached the Kilij position where he was standing and then stop in the right side of where Kilij was...

Nero then rotates the sword by ninety degrees with his full strength and to performs a vertical slash from bottom to top. Finally, When Nero saw the opening he unleashes a full-powered vertical slash from top to bottom to hit his opponent

Fire Tiger likes this.
  9. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    As Nero's attack slashed upwards from the ground, Kilij took a few steps back to avoid damage. Still the tip of blade formed a large vertical gouge in Kilij's torso. Although the injury was pretty long, it wasn't deep and the crimson blood that flowed from it stopped on its own as the platelets did their job. Kilij didn't mind the cut, he already had hundreds of scars from his days as a gladiator and his fur mostly covered them anyway. In fact the pain from these small injuries awakened his bloodlust. In the sands of the arena he was always known as a fighter that would get more savage and vicious as the fight drags on.

After taking the hit, Kilij once again stepped forward. He had one sword in his right hand and his second sword was still sheathed. This time Kilij sprinted besides Nero and instead of attacking with his sword he used his free arm to perform a clothesline attack. In this attack he inserted his arm between Nero's outstretched sword and his torso and intended for the forearm to impact the enemy's neck pulling the wind from his throat, knocking him to the ground, and inflicting electricity damage with electro, if it connected.

Oreki likes this.
  10. Oreki

Bounty Points:
    Kilij avoided the attack by taking few steps back but Nero sword created a large vertical gouge in Kilij's torso. Creating an injury that looked pretty look but wasn't deep enough to give Kilij much problem to continue their duel. For a moment the thought flitted through Nero's mind: 'he's tough?'

Kilij didn't waste any time as he advanced forward. Nero too didn't waste any time as he himself kicked against the ground to the leaped upright side where Kilij was, in the process Nero hand accidentally touched to Kilij who was about to perform a clothesline attack. Nero succeeded to evade the Kilij offense but he felt a sudden discharge of electricity through a part of his body. A slightly puzzled expression appeared in Nero's face as he says, "Huh? What was that?"

"It appears this is your ability..." Nero spoke to Kilij while not wasting any moment as he mumbled in a slow deep voice that appears to be hard to monitor "Hellfire!"

Holding his sword in his right arm, moving his right arm to grip tight his left-hand wrist for better support, then Nero placed all the force in his right leg then Jumps high up into the air in the Kilij direction to slash his opponent and burst him into flames.

-Hiryu: Kaen (飛竜火焔 Hiryū: Kaen?, literally meaning "Flying Dragon: Blaze"): Using one sword wielded in his left hand with his right hand gripping his left wrist for support (or vice-versa), the user jumps high up into the air and slashes his opponent. After slashing them, the user's opponent then bursts into flames from where they were slashed. (31 Mastery, 21 Strength and 21 Movement Speed) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Fire Tiger likes this.
  11. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilij prepared himself as he saw Nero leap up to attack. The attack that followed was an attack he knew too well. It was an attack that he himself knew how to perform, but often failed at because he lacked enough strength. Although he didn't know if it was some regional variant since he didn't know it by the name of "Hellfire". To receive he lifted his blade and block the aerial slash. But that was just part of the incoming force, along with the slash a wave of heat was transferred from the atmospheric friction and caused Kilij to light on fire.

The Mink looked at his burning fur, but seemed indifferent to it. "Not bad. Not bad. But you're sending fire to a blacksmith? Do you know how many times I light myself on fire while working the forge? There's a reason people call me the "Fire Tiger" and it isn't because of how hot I am. In fact I proudly hold the record for most fire related accidents amongst my crew." Said Kilij while reminiscing on things that he probably shouldn't be proud of. "Anyway, let's blow out this candle."

Drawing his second sword, Kilij also jumped into the air and with his two swords span like a cyclone. "Hawk Wave!" Yelled Kilij as his blades created a gust of wind that put out his flames and charged at Nero with devastating force.

[Taka Nami (鷹波 Taka Nami?, literally meaning "Hawk Wave"): While airborne, creates a powerful gust of wind to knock opponents over. It can be done while standing on the ground. The user says this attack is very useful against a group of weak enemies.(21 Mastery, 21 Strength)]

Oreki likes this.
  12. Oreki

Bounty Points:
    "All this is not a waste of time..." In order to achieve his goal, Nero continued to pay proper attention to his fight. Above all, the color of the bliss of fight brightens his smile and erases the exhaustion that warns him out. Nero showed a smile that filled with malicious glee. Make the most of it, Nero smiled slowly knowing that he needs to fights, showing his cruelly smile.

"C'mon, This is getting boring,"

When Kilij jumped Nero set all his force in his right leg while staring at Kilij side. Then he propels himself in the air by leaping high and gripping his sword tightly forming a crescent moon-like projectile of compressed air towards his opponent with great speed in order to clash with Kilij attack to overwhelm the strength of the attack

-Yakkodori (厄港鳥 Yakkōdori?, literally meaning "Disaster Harbor Bird"): The user launches from his sword a crescent moon-like projectile of compressed air to the opponent with great speed, similar to 36 Pound Cannon.(31 Mastery, 21 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Fire Tiger likes this.
  13. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:

This time Kilij didn't dodge or blocked as Nero attacked he just positioned himself so that the strike wouldn't hit any vital parts. By doing so he gained momentum in attacking Nero. That being said the damage he received wasn't minor. The wound was over his shoulder and it was deep enough that the bone could be seen. As the blood dripped from it Kilij laughed as he gave in to his bloodlust. "Tora-tora-tora-tora-tora. More! More!" The yellow tint in his eyes seemed to turn red as he was beginning to embrace his savageness.

Kilij closed the distance once again and moved both his blades parallel to each other in a downwards diagonal strike. But his target wasn't Nero's body like in previous attacks, instead he aimed to hit Nero's sword and pushed it out of the way. As he did that he leaned his torso forward and with his sinister tiger jaws aimed to take a big bite from Nero's shoulder.

Oreki likes this.
  14. Oreki

Bounty Points:
    Looking at his injury, Nero looked at Kilij with a sharp glint in his eyes.

Reluctantly, Nero let go of his sword. At that moment, Kilij aimed for Nero's shoulder with his tiger jaws. Feeling danger, Nero decides to lean backward. A nasty attack with a body like that. Nero understood that it had the power to make him lose so much blood in one hit. With a confused look, he let out a breath to think of better counterattack. If Nero grabbed his head, he would probably use his sword on Nero to give him a wound. Instead, Nero slapped his head with his all strength to change it's target main goal while avoiding the Kilij attack he instantly decides to take his sword from the ground as he made his distance from Kilij

Nero's smile became stiff as he said: "Well... that was a close call!"

As He spoke he holds his sword horizontally above his shoulder of the sword arm, and then he performs a circular swing to launch an attack that uses air itself to slash the target, as he launches the air compressed projectile spiraling towards the Kilij
    "That's embarrassing, to lose my sword like that... Blaze"

Fire Tiger likes this.
  15. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilij ended up biting the air after Nero avoided his attack. He turned around to try again when he saw the incoming air slash. With a quick sidestep the attack missed him by a whisker. At this the blood was rushing to his head and he was starting to go berserk. Taking sprinting positions, Kilij was going to launch himself at Nero once more. But just as he was going to move he turned his face and caught a look at his bleeding shoulder. In that split second look he didn't think much about it and concentrated back towards Nero, but he forcefully stopped his heated mind and took a second look.

The wound on his shoulder was fairly deep and it still was bleeding profusely. [If I don't do something about this it will turn into something serious. But I feel like I'm getting the hang of his fighting style. If we fight to the death I might come out on top. But why should I? Why should I risk so much for so little? I should put a stop to this for now.]

"Sigh" Kilij sheathed his swords and looked at Nero. "You win. Take the money." With that Kilij took out some bandages from his bag and started wrapping his shoulder.

Oreki likes this.
  16. Oreki

Bounty Points:
    Nero sighed in relief as he said "Listen," while slowly sheathing is sword back, hoping Kilij wouldn't fail to understand Nero. "I know this is a major reason for our duel but As tempting as that sounds, I think I'll pass money, you helped me to the casino, so I guess that's settled the matter."

Nero took a few steps and looked around. The city lights, were lightning up in the entire city, it's was almost dark, not pitch black dark. Depending on the attitudes he took, he knew what his opponent's outcome might be. Nero took his components, and decide to leave the place to head directly outside of the city, as Nero waved his hand as a farewell. "Adios"

It may hard to believe that but Nero started his journey in this City peacefully and ended up ending with a fight, "That's the luck of the Devil"

After leaving the mountain, in order to leave the City, Nero headed for the existence, but before arriving at the exit, he met a woman, who was standing on the way to wait for Nero.

"It's hard, although it's much worse than expected, it's proof that you are working hard."

Nero did not understand why she was here, as she was the one who Nero originally plan to meet and inside the Casino: "I guess you came too early to pick me up."

"...thanks."

Nero continued to move forward, and that female followed.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  17. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilij looked at the back of the departing Nero and and let out a smirk. While picking up the money bag he loudly spoke to himself. "Not bad, not bad at all. Truly a man worthy of respect. Although such a man would be a failure as pirate."

Safely putting away his goods, Kilij headed down the hill on a different path than Nero. "It's good to to have the blood flowing. The heart pumping. This calming and beautiful city has dulled my senses. It's time to rejoin the crew! Time for adventure! Time for plunder! Tora-tora-tora-tora."

Laughed the Tiger Mink as the setting sun broadcasted his shadow on the bloody hill.

Oreki likes this.
  18. Oreki

Bounty Points:
    "The rent of the ship, as well as the part of the swords, so between the ship and the parts, I will deduct it from the commission. After all, the ship was almost broken..."

In the face of this constant and careful calculation, Nero sighed, but also a little back to the feeling of life.

"With you, I will be lucky if I even get paid a single beri."

Nero said Nico(the woman name) is a little bit stunned by Nero: "What's the good thing happened? There is nothing to tell me at the end, why did it involve in such a stupid duel?"

In the face of Nero, who is silent, Nico repeatedly asked.

Nero shrugs confusingly. After Nero left, he somehow, like a dream, because too many things happened in just a short time.

"It doesn't matter... you got another commission, wanna take it." Nico answer having a smile on her face.

"Well, how sweet..." Nero replied

"Then Let's rock"

Fire Tiger likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice