1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

About Ryokugyu and the World Military Draft

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Tokikake, Jul 28, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokikake

Tokikake

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

Intro

I was just thinking about Ryokugyu and his ulterior motive for joining the Marines two years ago. We know Fujitora wants to abolish the corrupt Shichibukai system and is using his Admiral position to get a voice at the Reverie, but he also seems like an old
    acquaintance to people like Sakazuki and Sengoku, so he must've been an ally of Justice before (maybe a bounty hunter?).

But what about Ryokugyu (Ryo)? It's highly unlikely that Oda will go in the same direction with him.

The World Draft

世界 = world, global
    徴兵 = military service, conscription

I don't know about you guys, but where I'm from, a military conscription is not voluntary. If you're drafted you have to do military service, like it or not. We all simply assumed that Fuji and Ryo joined the Marines, but what if they simply received a letter and got conscripted?!

Wouldn't it be interesting if Ryo got drafted against his will, but still obeyed because he's a law-abiding person? Now, every Admiral so far has is own sense of Justice, so Ryokugyu must also have his own. Plus he must be a reliable and trustworthy asset otherwise the World Government wouldn't have chosen him, but his animal theme "bull" implies a strongheaded, stubborn individual that probably does not like being ordered around like a dog. It would be funny if Ryo was an Hardcore Justice type of Marine that still gets into fights with Sakazuki all the time because of his tendency to ignore orders.

I think it's pretty obvious that Ryokugyu will not be a young Akainu copy-paste like some people think. This however would make him a very unique Admiral and Marine in general.

Ulterior Motives / Goals

So let's say Ryokugyu received a letter that said "Sup dude. You have been conscripted. Your active duty as a Marine Admiral starts tomorrow." then he doesn't need any ulterior motives or goals other than pass the time as an Admiral until his military service is over. However, I still think Oda will give him an ulterior motive, or at least a motivation as an Admiral. Maybe he despises pirates very much, wants to avenge someone, or seeks to destroy a certain Yonko.

Currently I'm leaning towards this: Reads about The Marines victory against the Whitebeard Pirates in Marine Ford → Gets conscripted during the WMD → Follows order because he wants to help destroy the other Yonko. Or something like that.

Ryokugyu's Past

Honestly, I have no idea.

Him and Issho being the two former bounty hunter top dogs would be cool as fuck, especially since One Piece is still lacking a top tier bounty hunter, but I could also picture him as a General of some important WG nation, or simply a powerful freelancer.

Whitey Bay and Fiasco like this.
  2. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Hi @Tokikake!

Earlier today our new platform for publishing theories & speculation went live, you can read the announcement post here for more information. I'm leaving this message here as your theory was posted recently or has had discussion recently.

All theories in this section which are in the "thread" format will be archived and authors will have 30 days within which they can port their content over to the new platform, we have written a guide to help you port over your theories.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out via the Theories Help Desk.

Regards,
    Divvens
    Team Oro Jackson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice