Fights & Battles a calamity is in control of the prison Luffy is in.

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Monkey D Theories, Nov 11, 2018 at 3:17 AM.

Share This Page

1. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    hey guys so just a quick theory of mine:

in this chapter, Luffy was put in a prison alongside Eustass Kid and an unknown prisoner who was hyped to be extremely powerful. So if there are all these powerful people in the prison, it only makes sense that it is controlled by a powerful member of the beast pirates. I mean even impel down had 2 high tier fighters capable of squashing any possible rebellion. With a yc1 level character like Luffy, Eustass Kid who was portrayed to be close in strength to Luffy, and a third mysterious prisoner who is possibly stronger than them both, it makes no sense for it to not be guarded by a really high level member of the BP.

So which one could it be?

1. Jack
    I think this is most likely. A luffy vs jack fight has been hyped for a while now
    • destroyed zou
    • is the reason why tama and the people of Kuri have been starving
    • Luffy stated in zou that he wanted to kick jack's ass
    Jack is also the ruler of Kuri and it makes sense that Luffy would be transported to a prison in Kuri rather than take him to one in another part of Wano. Lastly, Jack being defeated this early would be a good move as it would still leave the strongest calamities for the final fight .

if not jack, I could see it being King or Queen for the sole reason that there are at least 2 and likely 3 YC level fighters in the prison, which would warrant someone like king or queen.

anyways leave your thoughts in the comments below

red admiral likes this.
  2. RUIYO

RUIYO

Bounty Points:
    Well I would leave Jack for other characters. I doubt that the commanders of each Yonko and far up way from each other. If Jack is YC3 Luffy would stomp him at this point... I like the part of this mini theory that there is one of the commanders looking after the prison. Which makes a lot of sense since you got Luffy some one more less equal to the second strongest member of the Beast Pirates, then you got Kidd who might be close and an unknown character that give that feeling that is pretty strong, (Maybe one of the samurais, Kinnemon is looking for?) They found already Ashura Douji, two more to go, that would be a great introduction for the next one.

But I doubt Luffy would be the one to defeat Jack. I mean Oda has so many characters that can do stuff this arc, I m hoping that after the newest events that I don't like from a writing perspective Oda can get as much of this opportunity of Luffy been in jail and uses other characters and give the spotlight to other characters that deserve it.

I am hype for a few stuff by Luffy been in Jail.

1) Obviously or at least I am hoping a rescue Mission will be put in place by the Straw Hats, this way most of them or some of them can get some decent fights.
    -This means main fights specifically for Sanji and Zoro and some secondary fights for the rest of the pirates. But I certainly hope to see Franky in his Shogun robot and Nami uses Zeus in her own fight even against not so strong opponents.

2) I am hoping as well for Hawkins staying on Kaido's side for the entirety of the arc, and it would dope to see Hawkins vs Law fight. Or I believe that is what Oda is building towards to.

3) I believe Jack should be left for the Kings of the Minks, Inu and Neko... they said they would have won if Jack din't uses a gas weapon it would be nice if that was true and they coudl get their vengeance.

4) The three strong Samurais can take the Shogun or maybe one of the commanders. If Zoro doesn't take one of them? Maybe? Zoro could fight as well the shogun...

So this is more or less the development I am hoping Oda would follow with the recent events and Luffy in prison. Obviously it is hihly likely that Luffy+Kidd vs Kaido is going to happened. Capone was to Luffy in WCI what Law was to Luffy in Dressrosa and I am expecting Kidd to be that same exact thing. Only less of a cheerleader role.

Sade997, Luna <3 and TheJourney like this.
  3. trafalgar_D_Law

trafalgar_D_Law

Bounty Points:
    Doubt it honestly, seems like too lackluster a job for a calamity.

Sea stone handles the luffy/kid problem. Tho I agree someone powerful should still be overseeing the prisoners. A powerful headliner like drake or apoo would be more then enough to hold it down with those advantages.

As for it possibly being jack I don’t see it. Jacks technically on orders to capture law currently there’s no need to be watching over somebody already caught.

4. RUIYO

RUIYO

Bounty Points:
    I mean I don't think Apoo is strong enough to look after the people they got in that prison (Kidd and Luffy and he unknown dude/gal)...
    Remember what Hawkins said about Zoro and Luffy when they defeated some one from the Beast Pirates. Something along the lines of "There is no much he could have done, he fought two troublesome people, even f I was there, I will have not been able too..."
    Luffy got out of Impel down ... ain't no kairoseki stopping him from escaping unless this cage has something especial like Big Mom's books....

5. Ravagerblade

Ravagerblade

Bounty Points:
    Udon territory in Kuri Region.
    Udon a dish, Kuri(curry)...

I think he's still in Kuri Region.

6. trafalgar_D_Law

trafalgar_D_Law

Bounty Points:
    why? We know Nothing about his powerlvl, and the only portrayal he has is his rivalry with kid.
    I mean nothing technically going to stop luffy/Kid from escaping. It a plot point that’s happening no matter what. That said, Apoo someone on the lower end of there lvl. watching over a sea stoned luffy & Kid isn’t all that bad really. Obviously he’ll have backup too since there in the capital.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 4:40 AM
  7. RUIYO

RUIYO

Bounty Points:
    The problem is not technically, because we could put Kaido to watch over them and they would escape either way because the plot requires them too or at least Luffy is require to escape. Now currently Luffy neither Kidd seem to be weak by Kairoseki in any way. But lets still guess there is kairoseki. Doesn't chance the fact that Apoo is to weak to look after that prison... I would not really trust apoo with looking after a few of the most dangerous people on the world... But hey it could be that Kaido doesn't really care...

They are not in the capital. the capital is Flower city. they are in Udon. Kuri was under the supervision of Jack and is where the workers live...
    Udon is a factory region... probably control by another commander.

Btw I am not saying it can't be Apoo, I am just saying he is way to weak for the task he has at hand... Plus why not introduce him?

8. MacabreMoth88

MacabreMoth88

Bounty Points:
    Whoever is in charge of the prison, I just hope they are better then those trash Headliners we got so far (minus the Supernova's, obviously), be they a Calamity or just a stronger Headliner that is an actual Beast Pirate member instead of some third party that chose to serve Kaido.

And who said Apoo is weak? We hardly saw anything from him, and what we have seen appears to be pretty damn dangerous. I mean, causing explosions and cutting limbs through sound is pretty powerful. Doubt he is in charge of the prison though, probably off serving another Calamity or taking care of things outside of Wano.

9. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon Wanted! Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    I wouldn't be surprised if a Calamity is in charge of it, but isn't the prison on Onigashima, and Kaido was hanging out there drinking back in chapter 824? So he might directly oversee the prison himself...

Kyro Kakugi likes this.
  10. DarkWitch

DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    I don't think a Calamity is in control of the prison Luffy is in, instead it's probably going to be a Headliner. Also the prison that Luffy got sent to is not in Kuri, it's in the region of Udon which is under the control of a different Calamity. Actually a Calamity might be in control of the prison but he himself might be somewhere else, and instead probably has a Headliner in charge of the prison.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 6:06 AM
    Luna <3 and Kyro Kakugi like this.
  11. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    it doesn't look like onigashima

12. DarkWitch

DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    Kid was originally being kept in a prison on Onigashima, but later on they moved him to a prison in Wano.

Here is Kid's original cell which was in Onigashima.
    [​IMG]
    and here is Kid's new cell in Wano.
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice