1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

4 Yonkos : 4 Cards Suits And 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse

Symbolism of the 4 Yonkos !!

Share This Page

1. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    Zero Zero No Mi submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

4 YONKOS : 4 CARDS SUITS AND 4 HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE - Symbolism of the 4 Yonkos !!

Click here to read further...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  2. Kiejiro

Kiejiro

Bounty Points:
    I'm still reading this theory, but I just want to mention that Big Mom also has a heart tattoo. It sort of fits along with this theory.

3. Deleted member 15426

Deleted member 15426 Guest

Bounty Points:
    The most convincing part was the Jack of Hearts imo, but Interesting theory nonetheless! good job @Zero Zero No Mi :yaaa:

4. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    Thank you :D

riddly890_.. likes this.
  5. speednut

speednut

Bounty Points:
    I joked about Big Mom having the eyes of a Shinigami before. I do think the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse connection is right, but I didn't consider the card connection. The meaning of the card suits does make a lot of sense, at least when it comes to Big Mom and Kaido.

Blackbeard and Luck is also connected, since he seems to leave a lot of outcomes to fate (which could be considered his luck). His crew keep referring to fate as well

nice job:yaaa:

6. coletek

coletek

Bounty Points:
    For me it makes a lot more sense if Big Mom is Famine and BlackBeard is Death. She has a strongly marked food-related theme.

7. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    Yes it's really possible, but she is the opposite of Famine IMO, but possibly when she steals the food of some countries it can be the Famine.

But I also think BM has a link with the Death, because of the inanimate things she makes live. In fact most of the inhabitants of Totland are dead.

But yes you're right in the way. I was thinking it's interesting that BM could both be Life and Death (Heart = Lifebut her power and thematic links with Death).

riddly890_.. likes this.
  8. Jin Shadow

Jin Shadow

Bounty Points:
    It's a great theory and was fun to read,good job!:yaaa:

The one thing you can think about is that the current Yonko are a mix of Old Era and New Era,with Big Mom,Kaido and (somewhat)Shanks being from the Old Era and this may be why the theory doesn't seem to fit completely.The Old Era Yonko are bound to fall soon in the series and being replaced by new pirates such as the Supernova.

The are some similarities with the Yonko and cards but I can't say the same for the 4 Horsemen.
    I can see this as a possibility,nice one!

riddly890_.. and Zero Zero No Mi like this.
  9. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    Nice and well-developped :)! Do you know if cards appear a lot in Color spreads? Maybe they could give clues (or maybe I read toom any theories and color spreads don't give anything about the story XD)

10. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    Hmm there is the color spread about the death of Ace when the SH play cards. But for now so far i dont remember that there was cards in others color spreads... :)

riddly890_.. and Shanksette like this.
  11. Rpeleckas

Rpeleckas

Bounty Points:
    Good read, but i have one question.

Maybe its diferent in other cantrys but in mine 4 riders of apokalipse allways was: pestilence, famin, war and death.

This is the first time I even heard of conquest. Because even in games and tv series first rider is allways pestilence, he caries a bow and arrow. And when he strikes nasty desieses cowers the land.

Azzie and riddly890_.. like this.
  12. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    I also saw Pestilence many times, I think it depend on cultures, sometimes Pestilence is Conquest.

For example this painting of Viktor Vasnetsov is called Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Death, Famine, War & Conquest
    [​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

Imo, pestilence is close to death and famine, because sometimes the death horseman is linked to diseases...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    riddly890_.. likes this.
  13. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    I disagree over small details, but I agree with the overall scheme; the Yonko representing suits and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. My first issue being Ace, captain of the Spades Pirates would surely mean that Whitebeard was the Spades Yonko before Blackbeard had him killed and then took his position. Although there is also Shanks to consider; whom ran into Ace and wields a sword which you linked to the Spades suit. Therefore I believe the Spades and Clubs suits should be switched around; making Kaido the Yonko of Clubs. This makes a lot of sense considering Kaido is mega-rich and is heavily involved in underground trade, as the Club suit symbolises money and luck.

Furthermore, the Horseman of Famine has scales, you said. Doesn't Kaido have scales on his tattoo? Furthermore Jack the Drought, his subordinate, strongly relates to Pestilence or Famine.
    [​IMG]
    Surely it would make sense if he were to be the Horseman of Famine while Blackbeard would be the Horseman of war. The latter makes sense due to the fact that Blackbeard always seems to be related to war: Marineford especially. War is how he rose to prominence, after all. However I also don't quite see how Shanks can be the Horseman of Conquest given he doesn't wear a crown or wield a bow: none of the Yonko do. But one thing is certain: Linlin as the Hearts suit and the Horseman of Death.

Strong concept. While I feel some things are incorrect I totally agree this is the model Oda is working with!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  14. Fire_Fist_Recca

Fire_Fist_Recca

Bounty Points:
    I believe there is another joker on the underworld.. in cards deck there are atleast 2 jokers.. maybe the other joker is foxy because he likes underground game

riddly890_.. likes this.
  15. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    IMO Buggy fits more to be the second and the last Joker.

@L o g i a
    Yep, it's not too sure about each Yonko for each suit and each Horseman ...
    For Kaido I also supposed that he could be the Famine, but I really see him as the War Horseman because of his personality and his first appearance.
    But yes BB also fits the War, and has beaten the Ace of Spades and killed his captain, so maybe ...

But for the Club, there is 3 leaves like Black Beard 3 heads, so maybe ...
    It's still difficult to find who is what.

For the "scales" of Kaido, I was speaking about this :
    [​IMG]
    I don't know if we say like that in english for this object...

For Shanks and the Conquest, I really think that he is the Strongest Haki's Conqueror and also a big traveller, more than the others Yonkos.

riddly890_.. and L o g i a like this.
  16. Fire_Fist_Recca

Fire_Fist_Recca

Bounty Points:

Hmmmm for me Buggy is better than as a king not a joker.. I guess he'll play more important role in the future but not as a joker. he's the favorite villain of Oda that's why I think he will have a more big roles in the future stories.

riddly890_.. likes this.
  17. riddly890_..

riddly890_..

Bounty Points:
    The knights of apocalypse aren't the Yonkos,but the first 4 members of BLACKBEARD pirates:Doc Q(Death),Lafitte(Famine),Burgess(War),Van Augur(Conquest) and BB himself is Apocalypse.The reason why Lafitte is famine is because of his thin body and pale skin(just like the drawing you showed.Doc Q and horse resemble the Death knight and Van Augur must be the conquest,who is holding a bow,because he is a sniper you know.And conquest is holding a bow,so it's probaly a weapon that a sniper would use.
    Also with that card theme,i think that Kaido is represented by the sign of club,because he is owns one,an oger's club,which we saw in chapter 824 i think!!!!
    That's all i gotta say:yaaa::yaaa:

18. santoryu kageoni

santoryu kageoni

Bounty Points:
    Good work man !! It does make a lot of sense !

19. Gear5thAwakening

Gear5thAwakening

Bounty Points:
    Would't Shanks be the Heart, Since He's the ONLY benevolent yonko, who Doesn't fight UNLESS one of his Nakama is Hurt; He TRIED To WARN Whitebeard about the Treacherousness of BlackBeard; and He Started Luffy on his Path to become King of the Pirates.

20. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    Big Mom is referenced directly to the Duchess, the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland and she has an Heart tattoo...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice