[2nd event story]Phoenix Heart

Discussion in 'Revolutionaries Secret Base' started by Kuro, Jan 25, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    Storyline & rest, first topic:
    http://orojackson.com/threads/2nd-event-a-revolution-in-words.490/#post-15752

Prologue

“ M’lady, Death has knocked on your door.” The maid said. Lady Fortune looked up from her chair. “Let him in.” As the maid went off, Lady Fortune sunk back in her old chair. She sighed as she looked over the room. The beautiful paintings with golden frames were gone, the antique statues coated in silver were gone, the redwood cabinets were gone, and the beautifully painted wall, had vanished behind a grey mass. The possessions that showed her everlasting fortune were all gone. All that was left was the chair and a small square shaped table that had a chessboard on top of it. The rest was all taken by that man.
    As Lady Fortune pointed her eyes towards the door opening, a tall cloaked man entered the room. The black cloak covered his hands and feet and his face was shrouded in the shadows of the cloak. “We meet again, Mr. Black.” Death stood in front of the small square shaped table. “It’s always a pleasure to come here. By the way, you can call me Joe if you wish, Miss Fortune.” She gave a displeased look at Joe “Death” Black. “I’d rather have you call me Lady Fortune, Mr. Black.” Death gave a short laugh. “Well, technically that name would be incorrect, wouldn’t it?” Lady Fortune’s mascara had run down her face, and together with her messed up haircut and lack of possessions, she looked all but fortunate. Misfortune watched over her, and fortune had left her. The thought was funny, because she was both of them herself. “Shall we get started then?” Death said, as he tilted his head downwards towards the chessboard. “I’m afraid you’re going to have to do it standing. You took that chair last time you came, if you can still remember that.” Death went to sit on top of the air as if there stood an invisible chair. “I don’t need chairs.” Death seemed to be waiting for a surprised look from Lady Fortune, but she just sat there, face to face with Death, not letting out a single emotion. There was only one thing Death could do to please her. “Last time I took the chair, and the remaining four of your paintings. Seeing that you now only have one chair, one table, and a chessboard, all three which are in a terrible shape, you’re going to have to add something more valuable.” Lady Fortune slightly widened her eyes. She wasn’t really expecting this, but in the end, it didn’t really matter to her. It was all or nothing. It had been so from the beginning of the agreement. “I see. This might be our last game together.” She said. Death pulled out his skeleton hand and pointed at her. “Place your “fortune” as a bet for your hopeless dream.” Death was about to make a gesture with his hand that Lady Fortune could start, but he was interrupted by her. “You start.” Death was surprised. “Are you sure? This is after all, your last game.”
    She smiled. “I feel fortune smiling at me.”

CapnLuffy likes this.
  2. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    Are we going to continue off there? BEcuase thats a great starting point,

3. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    Yes! Just continue starting with chapter 1 here =), srry for the late reply btw

4. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    I start writing?

5. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    Yeah sure, just continue off where the last one that wrote (me in this case) ended

6. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    I don't know what to write about... xD Can we make a detailed plot for little old me?

7. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    [I placed one in the first topic of the event discussion (I placed link in first post of this topic). It contains a small summary, a more detailed one, and character descriptions (so far).]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earth is far from what it used to be. The golden age, where everyone and everything blossomed, was nothing more than a long lost dream. Poverty struck the land, civil wars broke out, the harvest was the worst one ever seen. The land was constantly crushed by natural disasters that it left great scars on the ground. The rain crushed on the empty floor and seeped into the scars. A tale was spread to the land, explaining the cause of this disaster:

Death and Lady fortune played a game,
    He for her gifts of Fortune
    She for endless fame
    But defeat fell upon Lady fortune
    And with that
    The world fell into misfortune
    Because of the grim reaper, who had made earth his Hell

Chapter 1: Awakening

8. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    Ookami slowly came back from his state of comatose, opening his eyes and taking in the world bit-by-bit. The landscape around his fallen body was weak and weary, letting no ounce of hope shining through the curtains of clouds. A slight drizzle pattered the muddy ground around him, soaking his dampening, tattered clothes. He had no recolection of how he came to this state. He sat up, noting that his muscles were slightly stiffened, and stretched. After popping a few joints into awakening, he pushed himself off and up onto his feet, shaking some of the rainwater out of his hair.
    He took in more of his surroundings. A little ways off with a dreary-looking city wall, taunting him with its presence. The storm suddenly became heavier, and Ookami saw lightning slash the sky in the distance. Thunder rolled towards him. The storm was worsening and he needed to find shelter. He stumbled towards the city gates, slipping in the mud. His legs seemed to barely carry him and gave out under him a few times, tripping his scramble to safety. He fell, sliding down the muddy hill and towards a river he had not taken account of. It blended into the ground with its muddy color, not showing how deep it was. In one last attempt of keeping himself from the rushing waters, he grabbed a small dead bush that was in his way. The rain pelted harder onto his struggling form, like it was trying to make him let go. Succeed it did, for he lost his grip on the dead plant and plummeted into the river below, surrendering to that all to familiar blackness.
    He came to when he felt warmth seep into his shivering body. He opened his eyes quickly, frantically searching for an answer of this warmth. He laid his eyes on a small fire beside him. He only noticed the figure behind the fire until it was almost too late.
    She looked over, seeing that he had woken, and quickly got up and headed towards the rain the rock overhand was sheltering them from.
    "Wait!" He called, his voice scratchy from no use.
    She hesitated, turning around to stare at is cold form. He took that moment to memorize her face, the face of the girl who saved him from the misfortune of this world.
    She stood there before turning from him and hurrying out, paying no heed to his calls to come back.
    Ookami sighed before getting up, not caring about the fire and going after the girl. He caught a glimpse of her figure scaling the wooden city wall. He watched in awe as she found nooks to set her feet and hands in that were not there. Settling to his resolve, he started towards the city entrance, which was not gaurded, but did not look inviting. He made his way into the city, where there was not happiness present. The only people there were beggars or people down on their luck. The city did not seem like a friendly or lively place, and Ookami did not want to spend too long there.
    His stomach protested its loss of food. He stopped, rain pelting his back.
    He needed food, but to get food, he needed money, and he couldn't just take the money, so to get money he needed work.
    Well crap.
    He shook his head and headed to the nearest inn, the shabby door creaking in protest as he pushed it open.
    The innkeep glared at him from his place on a stool behind a counter, "Newcomer? Don't get much of those here, what is someone like you doing in a city like this?"
    He shuffled over to the counter, looking the short, bony man in the eyes, "I need work and a place to stay."
    The man considered him for a moment before a mischievous look came into his eyes and he grinned, "Your in luck, mister."

How about that?

9. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    ((Its great =D, srry for not posting much, cant find the time during the week, il try to post more tomorrow

chapter 2

Ookami carried a large crate into the inn. “That’s the last one.” He said, while wiping the sweat off his face. The innkeeper looked up. “Ah! Great job. Doing those crates myself was a terribly time consuming job. He walked towards Ookami and placed some coins in his hands. “Your earnings. It ain’t much, because I need to gain some profit here as well, and besides, your room and basic needs for food are included in your earnings.

Ookami smiled at the innkeeper and went to check his room. He looked through the window and saw that it was sunset. He didn’t like resting, so he decided to head into the town. Perhaps someone in town knew who he was. That would be a blessing to someone with amnesia.

A thing that struck Ookami was the fact that there were so many chapels in the city. He walked up close to one, and was surprised to see it so empty. He caught a glimpse of the only person that was in the chapel: A brown haired girl. Suddenly he remembered the girl in the morning. That was her. As the girl looked back at Ookami, she looked away and walked out of his sight. “Hey wait!” Ookami shouted. He entered to chapel and looked around. He couldn’t find her anywhere! As he decided to leave the chapel, his eyes crossed with a beautifully decorated stone glyph on the wall.

She spreads her wings
    Soars high above the skies.
    From ashes she will rise
    Protecting all the living things

The flame of harmony warms our hearts
    Brings fortune to those who fight
    Guides hero’s through darkness with its light
    And so, our city never falls apart

Bring forth our queen!
    All sing to she who reigns
    A song of minstrels and bards

Praise the phoenix!
    The goddess of flames
    The goddess of hearts.

[dunno if the poem is good, srry couldnt get much further today, continue with chapter 2 ^^]

10. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    He re-read the lines of the glyph carved into the wall with delicate hands, taking in the poem. It was so familiar, like he was connected to it. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted movement and turned. There stood the girl, watching him from her spot in a doorway leading to behind the alter. She was studying him closely, eyes slightly narrowed and calculating. He locked eyes with her, and something clicked between them. "Who are you...?" She said, slightly hesitant, as if she didn't know if speaking to him was a good idea.
    "Ookami, Lady Phoenix," He said, bowing his head towards her slightly.
    Here eyes studied him more, no ounce of surprise shown by her, "I am Suzuka."
    "I... want to help you... Suzuka."
    "No," Her voice clipped, showing slight fear.
    "I can help you."
    "I cannot let you..."
    "I can help you," He voiced with more force.
    She calculated for a minute, fingers tapping her chin in thought.
    "...There is a gang, who terrorize the city and it's people for money and goods, free. Go to their base in the cemetery and eliminate them."
    He stood there for a minute, watching her with emotionless eyes before he nodded gravely, "I will."
    There was a brief flash of surprise on her face before she smiled, "Take this as a trial."
    He smiled back, nodded and left calling out, "I will be back tonight!"

Upon leaving the chapel he asked for directions to the cemetery, though why they based in a tomb in the middle of a cemetery was beyond him. The sun was slowly falling, signaling the time of twilight. He needed to go in and finish this quickly if he wanted to report back to her by tonight.
    He pushed open the heavy, engraved door slightly, enough to slide in and not let it make noise. In front of him was stairs leading down, torches lit. He stuck to the walls, uncaring of the caskets that lined them. As he approached a fork, he stopped, listening. Sure enough there were voices, all drunk and slurring their words. His luck seemed to have increased just then. As he peeked around the corner, he saw the riches surrounding them and cursed, there were many of them. The only sober man looked in his direction and alerted the others.
    "It seems someone has come in. Why don't we greet them the way we do newcomers?"
    He grabbed his rusty sword that was stuck in the ground next to his wooden chair. The fire in the fireplace lit his face menacingly as the others drunkly got up and brandished their swords. Though they were drunk, it seemed as though they had enough solid thought to know how to hold their sword.

A sword pointed to his back. Shit, he hadn't looked the other way. It led him inside the room the men all stood, or wobbled in. Some cackled at him in drunk stupor, while others cradled their own bottle, taking hearty gulps while waiting for an order.

"Now, what were you doing down here? Surely you weren't on a stroll? What do you want with us?" The sober man inquired, stepping closer to him, holding up his sword and examining it.
    "You aren't going to talk, are you? Well then, maybe we'll just kill you. It isn't hard... We'll kill you and take everything on you, like we did that priest and his family."
    As Ookami said nothing, only standing there with confidence, but with no plan, the man started to get angry.
    "Still mute? Well then! You aren't any use to us!" He shouted, swinging his sword towards Ookami's head.
    In a brief, adrenaline rushed moment of panic, Ookami thrust the man holding him hostage back, leaving him to stop himself from falling into the fire without success.
    Instinctly, Ookami raised his hand to parry the sword. In a flash of white light, he held in his hand a sword of ice. Smirking at how much strange luck he had, he expertly swiped his sword at the man who was still in shock. The drunk men saw their boss was loosing and quickly tried to step in to protect him. They all tried to get to Ookami, but his sober feet let him flee them easily, knocking multiple in the process. Then he went in for their leader...

Ookami walked into the chapel right at sunset. Suzuka looked up, concealing the obvious surprise on her face.
    "Done," He smiled.

(Obviously I suck at action scenes.... xD)

11. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    Chapter 3: A house of cards
    Ookami stared at the window from his bed. He remembered the plan that Suzuka had told him:
    “I don’t know how you found out, but yes, I am a phoenix, the protector of this city. As you can see, I’m not as powerful as before. The happiness and fortune of people is what gives me my strength, but with all the evil wandering over the streets, people live in constant fear. You seem to have some… magical source within you. That’s quite rare these days. I’m demanding you to help me as a loyal soldier, magician.”

Ookami raised his hand and created a sword of ice. It was strange. He could create the sword as easy as breathing air, but how did he do it? Why was he capable of performing magic? He tried to remember, but the only moment he could visualize with him performing magic was in the cemetery.
    “There’s evil lurking around every corner. They hide from the light, and seek refuge in the shadows. We don’t have much time to act tonight, come back tomorrow, and we shall confront them. This city is victim of a group of evil. They consist of 2 large groups, each with a leader, and with another leader on top of them. The groups aren’t that close to one another, so we should be able to take them out without the other interfering. Tomorrow night, we shall go to the house of cards, and defeat the Joker, the King of spades.”
    Ookami closed his eyes. He would be working around the clock now: At daylight, for the survival of himself, at night, for the survival of this city.

Night came sooner than expected. Ookami had just finished his crate carrying job and instantly headed for the chapel. “You’re early,” Suzuka said. “Let’s get to business.”

After walking for a while, they ended up at a large pub. “Here?” Ookami said surprised. Suzuka nodded, and entered. When she entered, the music stopped, and everyone turned his face towards Suzuka. “They’re not human.” Suzuka said. From the back of the pub a man clapped. “Good job noticing, Phoenix-sama.” The man stood up out of the shadows and revealed himself. “What an honor to have you here, now we don’t need to hunt for you. May I introduce myself? Joker K. Spade, I’ll be your host for tonight…” The man put off his head and made an elegant bow. Suzuka intstantly turned to Ookami and nodded to him that he should attack. Ookami charged at Joker while creating his sword of ice. He slashed the air in front of him, but he didn’t hit Joker, He hit a man-sized King of spades card. “You’ll need to do better,” Joker said, from the other end of the room. The people in the room stood up and transformed. “These are… werewolves?” Ookami said. “I shall introduce myself again, I’m Joker K. Spade, summoner in cards.” The werewolves rushed at Ookami. Ookami changed his weapon into a hammer, and ass he smashed the ground, a small bolt of electricity charged into the enemies. The remaining werewolves jumped at Ookami. Ookami pushed himself up with his hammer and launched himself out of the ring of wolves. He turned his weapon into a bow, and fired off 3 ice arrows at a time. Shortly, The werewolves were defeated.
    “Hah, if I had known it would have been this easy, I would have done it myself, good job Ookami.” Suzuka said. “Remarkable, but you haven’t seen my true power yet.” Joker took 5 cards out of his pockets and threw them at Ookami. They launched at such a speed, that he wasn’t capable of dodging them all. The pierced straight through his cheek and cut his bow apart. Ookami launched himself at Joker. “You should look behind you.” Joker said, while pointing at the “thing” behind Ookami. Ookami didn’t bother turning back and just focused on Joker, but a violent wind pulled him backwards. He looked over his shoulder and saw a large beast with a incredibly large mouth. He attempted to suck Ookami in. “Your tried, sadly.” Joker turned his back to Ookami. Ookami created a large two handed sword of ice. He then allowed the creature to pull him in, and as he did so, he slashed the created before he was eaten. He ended up being hit by some green blood of the creature. “So disgusting..” Suzuka said.
    Joker had already turned towards Ookami and threw another set of cards. This time, Ookami hit the ground with the palm of his hand, and a wall of earth blocked the cards. He jumped over the wall with a sword of ice. “Suzuka, fire!” He said. “Hey hey, don’t go demanding a goddess now.” She said slightly annoyed. The ice blade of Ookami was engulfed by fire, but it didn’t seem to melt the ice. Joker kept on throwing his cards, but they all perished in the fire. “Guess I’ll have to escape again…” Joker searched for another card, so he could replace himself with a large card piece and dodge like before, but it seemed that he was all out of cards. Ookami slashed him with the flames, and he perished instantly.

12. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    For many nights after that, Ookami and Suzuka continued bringing hope to the public by ridding the town and surrounding areas of tyrants. Death watched as their popularity grew, feeling cross. He turned towards a death bringer standing next to him, waiting for orders. "Send for Ryuu... I have work for him," He said, waving the lowly bringer off.

Ookami loaded the last of the day's boxes onto the cart, nodding to the man waiting and watching him slap the reigns. As the cart pulled away, the innkeeper smiled at him greatfully and handed him his day's earnings, "You work really hard for me. Thank you."
    Ookami smiled back and took his money greatfully before running off to the chapel, pushing both large doors at the entrance open easily and flouncing in, grinning. Suzuka was waiting for him, and noticed his smiles. She grinned back, asking, "Whats got you so happy today?"
    "Oh, nothing, I'm just glad I can put a smile on someones face."
    She nodded and flashed him another smile before getting down to buisness, "It seems that there is a man-"
    But she didn't get to finish. The door banged open. A rough man stared at them.
    His deep voice rang out, "You are Ookami?"
    He hesitantly nodded, "That would be me."
    No words were spoken. The man only narrowed his eyes and brandished a long spear that had been strapped to his back.
    "I am to kill the one named Ookami," He hissed before lunging at Ookami. Ookami jumped back, avoiding the attack by a hair, for it had caught him by surprise.
    "May I at least know the name of my attacker?" He said, building two swords out of hard ice.
    "Ryuu."
    "Ah... The villian. I will kill you personally."
    And with that a vicious fight began. Ryuu fought easily, holding back while Ookami jumped and dodged, barely making it. He swung his sword, finally landing the first blow on Ryuu by clipping him on the cheek. Ryuu snorted in annoyance, "What a petty fight."
    With that, Ryuu brought Ookami to his knees with a thrust of his spear, stabbing him in the shoulder. Ookami cried out in pain before turning his head to Suzuka, "Run! I will handle him..."
    Suzuka deftly nodded, biting her lip and running out of the chapel. She quickly found her way out of the city, all the while questioning why she ran and did not help. Suddenly, someone shot an arrow towards her, barely missing her. She skidded to a halt, looking behind her for the attacker. There stood a girl of her age, holding the offending bow towards her. Suzuka narrowed her eyes and became ready for the next attack, holding her fire in her hand.

((Sorry, I have been pretty busy all week fricken long, especially this weekend, or I would have replied sooner. I can't get any further, because I don't know how to continue, but I started both battles if you want to pick up from there. I don't know, if the deadline gets too close we might want to try and finish this soon))

13. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    Ookami continuously jumped backwards to avoid the spear of Ryuu. He moved too quickly for Ookami to be able to counterattack. He jumped over the alter with his hand and formed an ice barrier, so ryuu couldn’t follow him. Ryuu however, smashed the icy wall with a single blow. “Who sent you here to kill me, and why!” Something had bothered Ookami from the moment he saw Ryuu. He felt like Ryuu wasn’t part of the evil that had taken over the town. He was something different. “I see, you really don’t remember anything do you?” Ryuu said, and lowered his spear. “Both of us, are already dead. I’m merely sent to the human realm, to bring you back to where you belong. Ryuu jumped over the alter towards Ookami. He was able to dodge the tip of the spear. Ookami placed his palm on Ryuu’s chest and slowly froze the leather in front of his hand. Ryuu spinned his spear and launched Ookami into a pillar. “You are no match for me.” Ookami stood up from the rubble. “What nonsense are you blurting around? I would surely remember it if I had died.” Ryuu laughed. “Then look at what you CAN remember. Where did you wake up? How the hell could you end up in a place like that? Have you ever heard of this town? Has the town ever heard of you? And have you ever wondered why you are capable of performing magic? It’s because you were a magician in a former life, and you probably took such a blow in action, that you don’t remember anything.” Ookami had thought of this. Nothing had made sense from the moment he opened his eyes in the storm. And it felt too real, to be a dream.

Ryuu pointed his spear at Ookami. “I was a dragon slayer in my time. Slaying a human is nothing more than child’s play.” He trusted his spear towards Ookami. He managed to dodge it and ran to the other side of the pillar. Something was off. He somehow… recalled something. Ryuu trusted his spear through the pillar. Ookami stepped forward to dodge it, and placed his hand on the wall behind the pillar. Six spikes of ice popped out of the wall towards Ryuu. In a single swing, Ryuu demolished all of the spikes. “You’re nothing but a wolf. Your howl doesn’t match the roar of dragons. Your fangs are weaker than the teeth of dragons. You can jump up to the sky, but you will always fall down. You, can’t defeat me.” He trusted his spear once again towards Ookami. This time, Ookami stood petrified, but managed to dodge the spear, that got stuck in the wall right beside his head.

This situation seemed so familiar. Something was off from the moment the two crossed eyes. Something was off. It was like, Ookami had seen those eyes before. The chapel slowly faded in fire. The sound of battle became the sound of people screaming in the burnt down houses. A majestic powerful roar appeared right behind Ookami and in front of him stood the dragon slayer, Ryuu, but Ookami couldn’t run. Because there was one thing, connecting Ryuu and the dragon: A spear, shot right through Ookami’s heart, into the head of the dragon. That’s right, something was off. Ookami had seen those eyes before: The eyes that had killed him.

((Ill write as much as possible, We'll get the deadline ^^.))

14. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    Suzuka dodged another arrow easily, taking on the defensive with her fire, "Why do you attack me?"
    The girl knocked another arrow into place, taking aim at Suzuka, "You are the one killing off all my servants!"
    "I don't have time for this. I have to get back!" Suzuka said, making her own bow out of fire and taking aim.
    The girl snarled, "Stand down!"
    Suzuka started in surprise but regained her posture, firing an arrow down at the ground around the girls feet. A wall of flames surrounded her, barricading her in. Suzuka stalked up to the girl in anger, hand reaching through the flames and grabbing the girl by the front of her shirt. "What do you want with this world?"
    The girl was silent, calculating her position.
    Suzuka threw the girl back out of her flames in anger. The girl regained her posture quickly, though Suzuka could not see her beyond the flames. The girl grabbed an arrow from the quiver on her back, holding onto the feathered area tightly, treating the arrow like a sword. Suzuka was angrily glaring into the flames before looking into the sky. Now was her chance, while Suzuka thought the girl was down. The girl crouched and advanced before jumping up and trying to thrust the arrow into Suzuka's back. Suzuka spun on her heal, hand aflame, and grabbed the arrow, catching in into a nasty fire. The girl screamed and threw the arrow to the ground, catching the ground into an uncontrolled fire. Suzuka shook her head, forgetting about the girl and the fire, which was already being doused by a rain that had begun to trickle down and now pour in torrents.
    In her idiocy she had followed Ookami's orders to leave, but now she new that it was a mistake. She hurried through the rain pouring through the city towards the chapel. She banged open the doors that had fallen closed.
    "Ookami!"

((yeah... Thats all I have for now...)

15. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    ((Im putting everything together, writing the end, and tweaking the rest a bit and Ill send it to div asap ^^ Good work.))

I'll upload it on da or sumtin tomorrow cuz div seems to be offline and I dunno how to send it otherwise xD

Elf and CapnLuffy like this.
  16. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    Okay. I'm glad we were able to do it. :p

17. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Is it ready? :p
    I was afk on skype when you messaged me yesterday.

Incase I'm offline when you are on email it to me I've sent the mail via PM.

Edit: Got the entry ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice