[2nd event] A revolution in words

Discussion in 'Revolutionaries Secret Base' started by Kuro, Jan 20, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    As I'm completely bored and don't feel like resuming my homework, I'm taking the liberty of making the

topic for the 2nd event for the revolutionaries: Words at War. This is an event that would require slightly more planning and thus, this topic. The key to winning this event is: write an awesome story. I'll sum up the important details of the event first:

1. A faction can submit up to 6 stories : We are with a total of 6 members so this would mean that every member could submit a story. Well first: we don't need to submit 6, but if we do, the chances of victory are higher, but remember: Quality above Quantity (I am assuming). Members that don't feel like story-writing don't need to participate if they don't want to. A member can submit more then one story. If you wrote 2 chapters for example, both can be submitted as a separate story.
    2. Deadline: 7th February 2012 : Writing is a hobby that takes a lot of time. If you intend on participating, starting on the 6th of February might not be such a good idea.
    3. The stories have to be based on All of the following words:
    • Regrowth
    • Truth
    • Tension
    • Test
    • Joy
    4. Remember, This is a team event: Even though I consider writing much more of an individual thing, we should also remember ourselves that this is a team event and that we can support one another. If you need more information about the " words", this is where you ask it, if you need help for an idea for a story, or if you wanna see if other people can add something more interesting to your story, don't hesitate to ask. You can also write a story, together with someone (within the faction of course). If you feel like your story needs some more advanced English in it, I’m sure there’s someone that can assist you in that. A Revolutionary will always be ready to assist his allies.

Finally, I think it's best to make a list of everyone that is going to submit something, so that we have a better view on that

Participating revolutionaries

• Kuro
    • Elf
    • Bluue
    • -
    • -
    • -
    Write on!

Storylines:

Phoenix Heart
    Ok beforehand, This is how I view the story, if you guys have better ideas and such, by all means use them. The storyline isn’t a detailed script, it’s just a rough guideline. Also, I have only worked out the important characters in the character description. My inspiration failed me at the city villains part, but we can think of that while writing.
    Short storyline
    Fortune has slowly faded from the world and it leaves the people in misery. In an attempt to make it return again, Lady Fortune makes an agreement with Death. If she beats him at chess, she would be allowed to summon one person from Death’s realm into the living world that could spread the word of fortune. However, every time Death wins, Death receives one of Lady Fortune’s Artifacts. Death keeps on winning and eventually they come to a last game, where Lady Fortune only has her Wheel of Fortune. Lady Fortune miraculously succeeds and summons a man unknown to Death into the living world. The man seems to suffer from amnesia and doesn’t remember anything from his former life. He also doesn’t know anything about Lady Fortune’s goals. As he opens his eyes he sees a brown haired girl. He soon loses consciousness. Once he wakes up, he finds himself somehow being sheltered from the rain. He walks around the misfortunate land, and finds a city. He discovers many chapels, but he doesn’t see anyone near them. Eventually he sees the girl that had probably sheltered him from the rain, in one of the chapels. Once inside he can’t find her anywhere, but he does find a stone glyph containing the story of the town. It says a beautiful phoenix once protected the land. She made the winters bearable, and made the harvest prosper. The people used to honor her as a god, but in their misery, they lost faith in her. Eventually he meets the brown haired girl and identifies her as the Phoenix of the story. He offers to help her regain her former glory. They hunt down the ghosts that haunt the streets. Her phoenix powers increase and the man finds out he himself is capable of performing magic. When Death sees that the man slowly succeeds to increase the fortune of the town, he becomes enraged, as he feels his plan to claim all the powers of fortune and misfortune is at jeopardy. He sends one of his finest warriors from the depths of his realm into the living world in order to get rid of Lady Fortune’s fortune-bringer and the Phoenix, but little does he know, of who the fortune-bringer really is.
    Phoenix Heart detailed storyline
    Prologue: I’ve already written this as I thought this was going to be an Individual Project xD This is where Death and Lady Fortune play their last game together. Death has always won and he has stripped Lady Fortune of all her artifacts but one: The wheel of fortune. If Lady Fortune wins, she is allowed to summon one person out of Death’s realm that could return Fortune to the miserable world.
    Chapter 1: Awakening
    Ookami awakes just outside the city [cityname] in a sad landscape in the rain. He almost drowns / falls / gets hurt in the distorted landscape, but he is saved by a girl [later revealed as Suzuka]. She vanishes before he could say thanks. Ookami enters the city and looks around for a while (shelter, food, work (as he has no money)).
    Chapter 2: ----?----
    In a chapel he sees the girl that had saved him. When he enters he can’t find her, but he can find a glyph. It tells the story of the goddess of the town: A phoenix used to protect the land Bla Bla bla. He later finds the girl that calls herself Suzuka. Ookami identifies her as the Phoenix in the story (even though Suzuka didn’t tell him she was the phoenix). He offers to help her, but Suzuka doesn’t believe he is capable to help her. She sends him on an errand and doesn’t expect him to come back. He discovers his magic abilities during the errand.
    Chapter 3 - 4: ----?----
    Ookami completes the errand and Suzuka goes with him on serious business. They only operate at nightfall, cuz that’s when the villains show themselves. They search for the villain groups (see character description) and defeat their leaders. With every evil that they rid off the city, Suzuka slowly regains her power.
    Chapter 5: ----?----
    Death doesn’t like it that Ookami is slowly accomplishing Lady Fortune’s plan. He sends Ryuu down to take care of Ookami. During the battle, Ookami believes Ryuu is the leader of the villain group, and as he seems very dangerous, he tells Suzuka to seek refuge while he takes care of Ryuu. When Suzuka runs away, she encounters the real leader of the villain group. (Double boss fight: Ookami vs Ryuu, Suzuka vs Villain leader guy / girl). Suzuka defeats The leader guy and returns to Ookami. Ryuu is more powerful than Ookami. Suzuka and Ookami team up and together they are capable of defeating Ryuu.
    Chapter 6: FINAL
    Death visits Lady Fortune and admits defeat. He asks her who Ookami really is and why he has never heard of him before. On Earth, the city prospers. A phoenix towers above the skies. At the gates of the city, Ookami is about to leave. Suzuka turns to her human form and asks why he doesn’t stay in the city. This is where they say farewell to eachother. The End. Aaaaawwwww.
    For the people interested in a love story. That can also happen at the end, but they will part ways even so. ^^
    Phoenix Heart Character Description
    Main Character: Ookami (Japanese for Wolf)(Fortune bringer) is the hero of the story. At the start, he gets resurrected by Death, because Death lost a game with Lady Fortune, and her wish was: “If I win, I can summon someone from Death’s realm that could spread the word of Fortune.” Because Death wants to make sure that Ookami doesn’t do this, he summons him into the real world without telling him his mission. Ookami himself can barely remember his past, and he can’t remember a thing about Death’s realm. As the story progresses, more and more becomes known about him. Ookami is an incredibly talented magician, but because he once angered the goddess of fortune, she seized to grant him fortune, and so he fell into misfortune. Because of this, he was never able to blossom his abilities, and this makes him unknown to Death, as Death knows all the powerful beings in his Realm. Ookami is a sorrowful person (because of his past). It makes him very silent, yet there is a desire to do good within him, because he doesn’t want anyone, to feel the misfortune he has been going through.
    Type of magician: I imagined him to be more of a close combat mage, as the second main character is ranged. He is capable of performing every kind of magic, but as he is a close combat mage, he does have a weapon. He creates his weapons out of strong ice or rock (sword, hammer, bow, claws) and as the story progresses the ice makes its way to becoming crystal. Through his weapon, he is capable of channeling another element, for example, channeling lightning through an ice hammer, and release the shock on impact.

Second main character: Suzuka (Japanese for Red Bird) is the goddess that protects the town. She is a phoenix, and her power comes forth from the happiness of people. As the world falls into misfortune, her power decreases and she is forced to retreat to a human form. Suzuka has a pretty dominant personality. As she has always been treated as an extraordinary being, she isn’t used to treating humans as equals. Even when partnering with Ookami she still shows her demanding personality, and rather has him takes care of all the troubles. There is another face to her dominant nature. We find out that she is lonely, as she hasn’t spoken to any phoenixes for years, and she rarely speaks with humans, as most of them seem weird to her. Ookami seems different to her, and that’s why, she doesn’t show her dominant nature when she reminds herself of the loneliness, but when she realizes she’s treating him as an equal, she returns to her dominant nature. As the story progresses, she lets go of her incredibly dominant nature, helps Ookami and learns to respect the humans.
    Magic: Her true form is that of a flaming Phoenix. Only at the end or during the final boss battle will she be showing this form. She is also capable of using phoenix fire: Fire that will crush the enemies, and heals the goodhearted.

Lady Fortune (Miss Fortune (misfortune)) is the goddess of fortune. She is capable of granting fortune and misfortune to whoever she wants. Somehow, she lost her gifts of fortune. The world fell into misfortune. As she was too weak to directly spread fortune into the world, she needed a mortal to do so. She makes a bet with death. If she wins, she can summon whoever she wants from Death’s realm and make him retrieve her fortune. If Death wins, he gets an artifact from Lady Fortune. Her artifacts are one of the sources for her powers. With every artifact lost, she becomes more and more of a mess.

Joe “Death” Black The Grim reaper. He wants to obtain the remaining fortune of Lady Fortune, so that his power to rule over human life will increase. He doesn’t want to take matters into his own hands, and just sends someone from his realm to fix things.

Ryuu: (Dragon) The one who is sent out of Death’s Realm by Death, in order to finish off Ookami (and Suzuka). He does remember everything from his former life, and Death’s realm. It’s he, who will tell Ookami that he has died, and that he was sent out of Death’s Realm. Ryuu used to be called, the dragon slayer, in his living days. In Japanese mythology, the dragon is the strongest creature. Second comes the Phoenix. Ryuu vs Ookami would be the boss battle. As Ookami isn’t capable of defeating Ryuu on his own, he is later joined by Suzuka, and together they take him down.
    Fighting: Ryuu is a dragon slayer. As dragons are gigantic flying creatures, he would need to be able to hit them somehow. Ryuu is incredibly mobile, and his man weapon is a long spear (that can also be used for mobility). He can also perform magic tricks.

City Villains
    The story in short, is that Ookami and Suzuka rid the city of it’s evil, so that happiness will spread and Suzuka will return to her former glory. After they accomplish a great part of this, Death sends Ryuu to earth. I imagined the misfortune of the city to be caused by special beings which ookami and Suzuki will defeat. The villains together form a group which is divided in 2 parts, with one leader on top of that (second boss fight). Ookami and Suzuka first defeat the first group, and later the second group. Each group has another leader.
    -First leader: Haven’t thought this one out, we can try to think of this one while writing the rest.
    - Other leader: Haven’t thought this one out, we can try to think of this one while writing the rest.
    -Boss leader: The leader of the entire clan. He/she will be fighting against Suzuka. Haven’t thought of what she’ll be either, but again, we can think of that while writing.

2. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    I think we should all work on one big piece. But as far as I know, you, Blu and I are the only ones who write, and Blu is MIA. :grumpy:
    We need to A) Work on this ourselves, and B) Freak out and worry because Blu isn't here.
    I have the attention span of a peanut, so I can't finish this on my own. Maybe we could roleplay write? Write together? 'Cause I don't trust myself on finishing all on my own.

Kuro likes this.
  3. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    That isn't what a team does, cover your bosses back if he isn't available! ^^

4. Blue

Blue

Bounty Points:
    I am back there, and Izzy don't count Ad out, he is a good writer and i belive mar has the knowledge to be and so does Jeroen

I am a bit weak at the moment so my writing level out of a 10 would be around 4-7 instead of being at it's peek. and awesome Ad for taking the it on your self to add this to our minds,

for you who don't know i have been sick and bedrested the last 2 weeks so.

and ad welcome to the Revolutionaries.

and again sorry for being missing and stuff.

Kuro likes this.
  5. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    Since your back, the three of us can all try to pull something together! Lol I'm not very competitive, but along with being concerned for where you were, Blu, I also didn't want us Revolutionaries to fall flat on our faces this competition.
    Blu if you aren't feeling up to it, you don't have to write, you can just help decide on things to do, and then, only if you want too.

6. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    You mean 1 giant piece that could like fill in all the 6 slots for submission? That would be an awesome idea, the story would be great. I am a little against roleplay writing, we could do that but roleplay writing would take more time and seeing that the current OP roleplay is on page 5 within 2-3 months, we arent going to make it if we will write a large story. Besides in roleplay writing, a lot of different writing styles will get mixed etc. Ive wrote a story with someone before, he did his part, I did mine, and it turned out Really strange due to both completely different writing styles. Maybe we can write together and discuss things on skype as we write.

So shall we go with the 1 giant story thing? If we do, lets now focus on posting ideas for the storyline

And hope you get better soon bluue ^^

7. Blue

Blue

Bounty Points:
    but we could do that we write diffrent parts and then that one person rewrites it as a whole to make it non changing.

Kuro likes this.
  8. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    Ok! lets go with that ;) Once we get a storyline, we can make another topic about the story where everyone of the faction can add a part to the story.

Lets now focus on the storyline ;)
    Im jus gonna post a few ideas:

Phoenix Heart
    Fortune has slowly faded from the world and it leaves the people in misery. In an attempt to make it return again, Lady Fortune makes an agreement with Death. If she beats him at chess, she would be allowed to summon one person from Death’s realm into the living world that could spread the word of fortune. However, every time Death wins, Death receives one of Lady Fortune’s Artifacts. Death keeps on winning and eventually they come to a last game, where Lady Fortune only has her Wheel of Fortune. Lady Fortune miraculously succeeds and summons a man unknown to Death into the living world. The man seems to suffer from amnesia and doesn’t remember anything from his former life. He also doesn’t know anything about Lady Fortune’s goals. As he opens his eyes he sees a brown haired girl. He soon loses consciousness. Once he wakes up, he finds himself somehow being sheltered from the rain. He walks around the misfortunate land, and finds a city. He discovers many chapels, but he doesn’t see anyone near them. Eventually he sees the girl that had probably sheltered him from the rain, in one of the chapels. Once inside he can’t find her anywhere, but he does find a stone glyph containing the story of the town. It says a beautiful phoenix once protected the land. She made the winters bearable, and made the harvest prosper. The people used to honor her as a god, but in their misery, they lost faith in her. Eventually he meets the brown haired girl and identifies her as the Phoenix of the story. He offers to help her regain her former glory. They hunt down the ghosts that haunt the streets. Her phoenix powers increase and the man finds out he himself is capable of performing magic. When Death sees that the man slowly succeeds to increase the fortune of the town, he becomes enraged, as he feels his plan to claim all the powers of fortune and misfortune is at jeopardy. He sends one of his finest warriors from the depths of his realm into the living world in order to get rid of Lady Fortune’s fortune-bringer and the Phoenix, but little does he know, of who the fortune-bringer really is.

Future Invention (this is an old story of mine where I never got further then writing the prologue xD So I figured Ill jus put this here just in case its interesting)
    In the futuristic society, a third world war has commenced. The weapon industry is slowly gaining power in this era. In the Atlantic, Europe and America created an artificial City that focused on technological developments. In Truth, they don’t have any authority there. The power is in hands of two great weapon companies. Kentigen Arms and Happy Living Enterprise. Beneath the city, lie the slums, where the industries dump the used materials. In an attempt of the enemy to assassinate Mr Kentigen, they manage to kill his wife and critically wound his son. In an attempt to save him, Mr. Kentigen turns him into the first cyborg, the “ultimate being”, unaging and powerful. When Mr. Kentigen dies, his son takes over the company. As he hears that HLE (Happy Living) is developing a time machine, he storms towards them and convinces them to stop the project, as a time device is also, the ultimate weapon, that could destroy the world in a second, without anyone noticing. Joshua Kentigen finds out that their true motive is rewrite history so that they will end up having absolute power. They frame Joshua and his company gets burned to the ground. He and two remaining employees recruit an army of potential cyborgs in the slums of the city, in attempt to destroy HLE, but not everyone approves of Joshua’s cruel methods.
    Il think of some more later =D

CapnLuffy likes this.
  9. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    My vote goes for Pheonix Heart, it's in my range. I love to write stuff like that.
    But, if roleplay writing won't work out, we could just plan each chapter and each write them individually. Ofc we'd write them in order, but that way, maybe we could get the work done faster. :p And I don't think it has to be all that long, but who knows, with stories like this.
    But Pheonix Heart sounds like the best choice for me. :3
    Future Invention reminds me of Repo! The Genetic Opera.

10. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    A goddess among us
    The reign of the queen made the land prosper. She could create everything you could dream of. As long as you offered absolute trust to the queen, you would prosper. But the success of the land didn’t come without a price. With the joy of some, came the envy of others. Those who wish to be capable of creating everything as well. As the queen woke up, she was terrified. The secret to her power, a ruby necklace that she wore at all times, was gone. She fled the country. As the elections for a new leader start, she hears of a man that could create everything you could dream of. He was the thief. Determined to capture him and retrieve her necklace, she heads for the new castle he had made in the skies. She convinces two people to join her: A bard / magician and a swordsman. They offered to help her, if she would give them everything they wanted afterwards. But something troubles the former queen. How was the thief able to get into her completely-blocked-from-the-outside-world room and grab her necklace? The quest would be harder then she expected, and it wouldn’t end without sacrifices.

I personally prefer Phoenix heart xD
    I think it’s best to choose a story ASAP as we only have 20 days left, and we don’t know how long the story is going to be and how long we’re going to need to work on it. I’d say the sooner the better. If possible, have a storyline chosen tomorrow so that we can start writing immediately.
    Plan:
    • Choose storyline
    • Rewrite storyline in detail (divide in chapters etc.)
    • Write character info
    • We Could divide the chapters among participating revolutionaries, or we could just make a topic of the story on our sub-forum, and everyone can add something to the story whenever they want. If we do it that way, we have a clear view on the entire story, and that would save time editing the whole thing. This is something similar to the roleplay idea, only that you don’t have a specific character, but everyone can write about every character. The roleplay idea doesn’t sound that bad to me anymore xD.

11. Blue

Blue

Bounty Points:
    I am crossed between" A goddess among us" and "Phoenix Heart"

12. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    If you guys have any storyline ideas, then post ‘em! =D

The Jester
    Cole is a young magician (10), part of a notorious brutal clan. He doesn’t participate in the training and instead, reads book after book about magic techniques. The other magicians believe he is weak, but somehow Cole doesn’t need training for his techniques. If he knows the technique (written in the books) he can perform them flawlessly (Knowledge, training = power). One day, he is sent as luggage boy for some older magicians that went on a mission. They get ambushed by an entire clan seeking revenge and nearly all the magicians of the brutal clan get killed. In an attempt to save his own life, Cole uses a powerful form changing technique he had read about. He loses consciousness and a powerful evil spirit, takes over his body. Other members of Cole’s clan that were further away could hear a loud dark laughter echoing through the area. As they headed for the source, they find everyone dead at the spot of the ambush, except for Cole, who lay there unharmed yet unconscious. When he awakes, the rest of the brutal clan start treating him with respect, as they believed that he would grow up to become one of the clan’s leaders, as at the age of 10, his power already rivaled that of the seniors. Those who managed to catch a glimpse of the evil-spirit-controlled-Cole named the form “The Jester”, as he destroyed everything in his path, friend and foe, with utter pleasure. Cole however, is devastated. 2 years later, he flees from his clan and hopes to start a new life in a magician city. He joins a school and is just in time: It’s the time of the year where the 12 year olds get divided in teams of 3 (like in naruto). His team members are a girl (The most popular girl in the class) and a boy (President of the “popular-girl’s” fanclub, super-pervert). Cole learns to socialize in a way he had never done before in his former clan.
    The annual town feast is nearing. Couples are made and they are supposed to perform a dance that would be a mixture of both participating dancers (clan) magic. The popular girl asks Cole to join him, as he is the only guy that isn’t head over heels for her. During the dance Cole makes a terrifying discovery. The girl used magic just like the clan that had ambushed them: She was the sole survivor of the clan he had murdered out. He hides the guilt until the end of the dance and after that, without anyone noticing, he ran towards a hill just outside town, cried his guilt out, and wondered what he should do. The popular girl had looked for him and joined him on the hill top. She indirectly confessed her feelings for him, but Cole knew he couldn’t respond to them.
    Some days later, Cole made his mind up. He decided to stay and prayed the popular girl would never find out the truth. But that seem very unlikely: Cole’s former clan finds out about the survivor girl and intends to kill her, before she turns into an avenger and will cause problems for the clan. Cole is at a loss what he should do. He knows that if he will protect her, she will undoubtedly find out the truth behind “The Jester”.

13. Monkey D. Dragon

Monkey D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    I am proud of the revolutionaries and proud of Kuro, we are now ahead of both marines and pirates in organization and planning of this event now. Good job, and best of luck!

Kuro likes this.
  14. Elf

Elf

Bounty Points:
    I still like Pheonix Heart the best. :p I think, unless Blu likes The Jester better, that most of us liked Pheonix Heart the most.

We are proud to make you proud, sir!

CapnLuffy likes this.
  15. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    Ok guys, we have less then 2 weeks left to make this. As no one has put in any further input, let's go with Phoenix heart. I'll write a more detailed summary and some character desciptions, of how I imagened it. I won't right everything as there are some parts that Im doubting what I should do with it, so if it turns odd, or if ya have a better idea, by all means, say so ^^. Gonna write the summary now.

Edit: SUmmary and character description can be found in the first post under the Phoenix Heart spoiler tag
    Il make a post on the revolutionaries sub forum where everyone can add something to the story

16. Monkey D. Dragon

Monkey D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Good job Kuro, good job revolutionaries. I am proud of you, get it well organized and ready in 2 days!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice