‘One Piece Grand Cruise’ Announced for PlayStation VR

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by Mr. Kishido, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:46 AM.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

One Piece Grand Cruise, a new game by Bandai Namco Entertainment, has been announced for PlayStation VR. It is the first game for the franchise to be available on said console. The players can enjoy a 360° experience of Thousand Sunny by tagging along with the Straw Hat crew as their apprentice on a one-day voyage. A release date for the game is yet to be decided.

It will be a unique experience for the One Piece fans, where they can also confront Navy and get involved in a shooting battle against them. Furthermore, from July 22, some fans may get an opportunity to play the game at Tokyo One Piece Tower and play an 8-player collaborative round. The event “One Piece Grand Cruise Trial Zone” will run from 10:00 to 22:00. Please check the official website for further details regarding the event.

source
    http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2017/07/15/one-piece-grand-cruise-announced/

minions, Wordell, ToxicMonk and 9 others like this.
  2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. DJ_Punk

DJ_Punk

Bounty Points:
    Neat concept in theory, but VR hasn't been impressive at all yet. And this will probably be no different. Hell, the fact that it will be a VR game may even hurt it more. My expectations are fairly low. Can't lie :/

4. Coolguy

Coolguy

Bounty Points:
    There are some decent VR games. Epic Games (Talented developers) developed a VR game called "Robo Recall". It got very positive reviews from popular websites such as IGN and Metacritic. The game was basically Time Crisis with robots or old school arcade shooting games

A VR won't work for Dragon Ball or Naruto, but it will certainly work for One Piece.

Bandai Namco just needs to find talented developers. They already got 1-8 players co-op down. That's A+, especially for One Piece.

5. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
  6. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    That Nami pic tho.......

Mr. Kishido likes this.
  7. Coolguy

Coolguy

Bounty Points:
    Is it just me or does Nami's model seems similar to One Piece Burning without manga style graphics? Even though I don't have a huge problem with this since other gaming companies reuse old games for VR such as Batman Arkham VR, but Bamco Namco needs to stop being cheap lmao. I guess most of the money is for Project Dawn. Based on that Sanji picture, I hope we can cook any kind of food.
    One Piece Burning Blood
    [​IMG]

One Piece Pirate Warriors
    [​IMG]

One Piece Unlimited World Red
    [​IMG]